Any chance for Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pdxpinballer
    Participant
      @pdxpinballer

Was wondering if anyone is working on either of those im new to VPX and just playing on my desktop for casual fun, those are my two favorite machines and would like to play them at home for practice.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You can take the table graphics and you can write a shitload of code to try to emulate the game and rules for these modern games. What VP normally does is that it has the rom of the table which it is signaling back and forth to. Hey … I shot the ball – it hit this switch. And then the rom gives you a score and well – maybe that qualified for a mb or something. Pinmame is at this point able to emulate SAM, and not beyond that. After SAM you’ve got Spike and Spike2. None of these are are emulated by pinmame. And to be honest I don’t see it coming very soon either. Or – at least I have no knowledge of any working emulation. There was some signs to POC on mb site by one guy, so, I don’t know. Taking the rom and emulating it on another processor ( regular PC’ ) is not done in a day and this is a hobby where people don’t get payed ( normally ? )

Hope this answers you and other noobs’ questions.

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

I agree with Thalamus on the idea that “we’re not likely to see this soon”… the PinMAME devs do NOT emulate platforms (even if they can) that have been in production within the last… three years, I think? This means anything using that system won’t be emulated until the LAST table of that system has been out of production for that long. This is basically to avoid putting themselves in a position to receive a cease and desist for basically competing with tables being actively produced and sold, and three years can ensure that distributors finally exhaust their stock. So I don’t expect something like Deadpool or Guardians to be emulated until at least 3-4 years after Stern moves past Spike as a whole, and that’s assuming that we have powerful enough computers by then to make up for needing to run it in a virtual layer of some sort.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

pdxpinballer
          Participant
            @pdxpinballer

thanks for explaining i wasn’t quite sure how all that worked, i just thought the rom reads and interacts with a table etc. my desktop setup is equipped for gaming so i think my pc could handle it, but i can understand how stern wouldn’t want their newer games emulated until they stop making them too. I appreciate it, maybe i should start saving up haha

studlygoorite
            Participant
              @studlygoorite

Might not have to wait much longer   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzRu0hm7nU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?