Anyone got the fever, Pennant Fever?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Never played it but I am a huge fan of the old pitch and bat games

Pennant Fever PF

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Couple pitch n bats in vp9. Lots of fun to play

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

B-) It’s about time to take it to the next level then!

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Awesome, I love the pitch and bat games.  I just rotated the Slugfest on vp9.  I saw you asked some questions about the game, unfortunately I don’t have any answers for you.  With Slugfest, you can play two players.  One pitches and one bats.  If you are the pitcher there are a few different pitches to select from, and the ball will come out of the release different.  You can also pitch hit and steal bases, but I didn’t dive deep into the script to see if those options are available in the vp9 version.   Also with Slugfest, you would receive real topps baseball trading cards throughout the game.  A neat idea would be to incorporate this with Pinup somehow, where you could receive digital baseball cards via the backglass.  Who knows, just an idea! Good Luck!

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

That’s a great idea.  I think this will be a fun project

Slydog43
              Participant
                @slydog43

I have a williams slugfest if you need any pics or info.  Really is fun to play with a friend.  can’t wait to see what you come up with

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

trying to figure out the back hanging targets.  Can you modify the existing items in vpx like the stock spinner to rotate about the top or the stand up targets upside down so the metal post is at the top

comp

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

You sure could or I’m sure there are some prims you could use somewhere or just a wall would work too

for IOS and Android

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

the shooter mech has a cover over it that comes up when the ball shoots out and then lays flat again.  I am not sure how to make walls move.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

like a gate? would need picture im sure i could make a prim for you if needed

OH! your talking about the spring steel piece!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

bord
                          @bord
                          MembervipContributorModerator

Check the plunger lane flap in Centaur. It works like that. A metal plate is moved up by a ball being pushed onto the playfield from below.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

that shooter flap is gonna take some playing with… I did see what you were referencing though.    I am trying to get the basic script working and am having some issues.   I am trying to get the game playing.  I was working on the table init section and cant get it to load.  i have an idea about what i am doing but not anywhere near 100%. I want to get it playing so that the ball doesn’t keep shooting and i can map the ball kicker to the left flipper key.   I have the flipper mapped to the right flipper switch and it works fine.   Once i get that i can add drains behind the “temporary” targets and built the upper shelf.

Then down the road i can add different “pitches”,, i guess by having multiple kickers with different speeds and directions, etc

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

I am at a stopping point unfortunately.  issues I am having:

1.  rom is loading but not playing.  no coin in, no lights, sounds, etc…
                              2. targets in the back.  I have temporary spinners, but not good.  cant do the artwork until I get a proper wall, gate, something that will be permanent.
                              3. I need to find a manual.  I have some feelers out but nothing yet
                              Herweh
                              Participant
                                @herweh
                                vipMemberContributor

I am at a stopping point unfortunately.  issues I am having:

1.  rom is loading but not playing.  no coin in, no lights, sounds, etc…
                                2. targets in the back.  I have temporary spinners, but not good.  cant do the artwork until I get a proper wall, gate, something that will be permanent.
                                3. I need to find a manual.  I have some feelers out but nothing yet

For point 1.  Do you miss some necessary VP timers like PulseTimer or PinMameTimer?

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

have a pulsetimer, enabled, 40 interval, and PinMAMETimer not enabled, 1 interval.

also have this at top, don’t know why

odd

roccodimarco
                                  Participant
                                    @roccodimarco
                                    Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

yeah I did see those, I will look again to see if the switch numbers are in there, thanks

roccodimarco
                                      Participant
                                        @roccodimarco

3ffd5a53f2c7943a71502bfccca6136fb2574a2f.pdf

Im not sure really what youre looking for but  I did find this

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Tom
                                        Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

Table is working.  I have temporary targets in the back until i can figure out how to do hanging targets that rotate back to score.  i also put 3 temporary targets on the side assigned to the homerun lanes at the top.  Unfortunately i am at a stopping point for my skill level.  there needs to be a divider at the top for each homerun section, a metal trim on each side, homerun graphics on the top, and a ramp that actually works.  Then the flipper needs replaced with the appropriate shape.

It also needs to have more kickers tied in with the pitching so you can throw different pitches.  the real game throws random pitches on one player and has three buttons on the control panel for two players.  I don’t know how that will happen so it looks like one player it is.  If there were different kickers with different angles and speeds and it there was a way to make it random which one was used when you pitch that wouldn’t be bad.

i also need to put some kind of gi lighting.  i think there is one in the outlane and probable some in the back.

i wish i could do more so as of now this is at a stopping point.  If someone wants to take it over and finish it that would be great.  thanks

Attachments:
                                          32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

I’m not familiar with he table but based on the VP9 table

you might want to use gates instead of stand up targets so that the ball can hit the kickers and drains behind the targets

I made the primitive and coded to the swinging gates.   you just need to make the texture for each target

and I added a primitive bat instead of the flipper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca9gq48c735wyvd/Pennant%20Fever%20%28Williams%201984%291.7%20Gate%20Targets%20PrimBat.zip?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?