I’m pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to stop frameskipping. My setup is as follows: i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz, z87x-ud4h motherboard, 16gb Ram, rx 580 gpu, ssd drives, Windows 10. My playfield is an HP Omen 32” (freesync, 75hz, 1440p). Backglass is a 27” 1080p monitor and DMD is a 10” 1366×768 LCD.
My problem is frameskipping when all three monitors are connected. If I have only my playfield connected, the ball travels around the playfield smooth as freakin’ butter in both visual pinball and pinball fx3. If vsync is off, I can easily sit at 150-200fps. Things seem to stay smooth with a second monitor, but as soon as I add a third the playfield gets stuttery. Here is what I have tried:
– freesync is always on, both on my monitor and gpu
– I have tried vsync within visual pinball or pinball fx3, locked at 60fps and 75fps, smooth with just the playfield but shitty when a third screen is added.
– I have tried turning off vsync and instead using Radeon chill locked at 75hz and the same exact problem.
– I have tried attaching backglass and dmd to the motherboard and leaving the playfield as the only attached monitor on the GPU
– I tried a completely different motherboard and cpu (i5 9400, z390) with the same exact problem
When I add the third monitor (dmd or backglass) and the stuttering / frameskipping starts, there are no drops in my fps. My cpu and gpu utilization is always low, so I know that this has nothing to do with being underpowered.
Anyone have any pointers? The only thing I can imagine is that maybe this is an issue with 1 freesync 75hz mo it or paired with 2 non-freesync 60hz monitors?
You need to login in order to like this post: click here