Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    d8thstar
    Participant
    @d8thstar

hi guys,

i have been reading so much, the words are blurring together.  i can’t for the life of me get a VP table to display correctly.  The backglass and the table show up on my backglass in windows, the DMD image is on my main playfield, blown up and taking up the whole screen.

for this example, I am trying to run the STTNG Williams VP X table.  ROM is downloaded and in the VpinMAME rom folder and seems to be working (I ran the VPinMAME setup) so my path is correct and I’m no longer getting errors on start.

i have my main playfield monitor 2160 x 3840 rotated (to the left so that the right of the screen is now “up”).  The second display 1900 x 1200 for the backglass in windows display set up is sitting on top of that right hand side.

I have the PinDMD3 working in Pinball FX3, that program is all up an running.

But I’d really like to dig into these VPX reconstructions but I am lost, so very lost :)

Anyone willing to help a newbie?  Is there a step by step direction to get a table with backglass and DMD up and running, like, “step 1: do this.  step 2: do that”

all help is really appreciated!  I am loving my partially built build and can’t wait to finish it!

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

It sounds like you’re running your windows playfield monitor in portrait

If that is case you will have to adjust each visual pinball game Which is not a big deal but in case you didn’t know it

In the visual pinball editor under preference, videos make sure it Is set to select your playfield

Bob Albright
    Participant
    @bobalbright

I would start your journey by using the all in one installer. It will get you all necessary files and put them in the right places.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

d8thstar
    Participant
    @d8thstar

Hi guys,

thanks for the input!  i just found a pretty decent youtube walkthru so going to tackle when i get home.  hopefully i can make sense of it all :)

d8thstar
    Participant
    @d8thstar

i am SO close!  back glass – check.  DMD and rom, check.  playfiels?  rotated correctly but only takes up the top left quadrant of the screen.

please help!  attached is a screen grab of my video preferences.  fyi, display one is 2160 x 3840

sttng

d8thstar
    Participant
    @d8thstar

One time bump, any ideas?

this is a weird one, same settings, xfiles table is rotated correctly.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Take a picture of how it looks. A screenshot of you preferences doesn’t help us much as we don’t know anything about the rest.

d8thstar
    Participant
    @d8thstar

oh man i’m an idiot.  i found the spot to change the rotation.

sorry for the confusion, thanks all for the help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘anyone want to hold a newbies hand?’ is closed to new replies.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW