Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PinKing
    Participant
    @pinking

Heeyy Guys,

Really cool to be here and starting my first Virtual Pinball cab. Since I want to do it right the first time I am looking at the Asus XG438Q 120hz 4K monitor (or its successor). Does anyone have this monitor de-cased in their cab and could measure it exact dimensions (on the mm exactly)? Would really appreciate that and also would live to hear about viewing angles.

Looking forward to your reactions!

robertms
    Participant
    @mophead

Sorry don’t have one, but just wild guess can’t build a $500 cab around one of these? B-)

PinKing
    Participant
    @pinking

Sadly.. No :-)

I think 500$ gives you about 4/10th of that monitor :D

BIgphii
    Participant
    @bigphii

To pursue

PinKing
    Participant
    @pinking

Some time further I have had the chance to test an Acer Predator 43″ CG437KP monitor on my cab. The 120hz is nice but the angle of the VA panels just dienst cut it. When shifting from behind the cab at player position and walking to the 3nd of the table you see a clear shift from yellow to orange (which is the color it should be). Tested this on Pinball FX3 Fish Tales end score screen.

The IIyama X4372UHSU 60hz 4k IPS had way nicer colors and quality. So hope to find something new and awesome soon. Now that adapters are being released for DP1.4 to HDMI 2.1 conversion the LG oled 48 CX will be a good contender.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW