At work missing radio shack!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

5098B85E-3F5E-4AD3-A84D-388F0A833FA5I just use my last couple of d-sub connectors and nearly out of solder and was so easy to run down to Radio shack and get more but now it’s a 2 day wait. Times changed and not for better in this perticular case!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

2 day wait?  I have to wait 2 months….  :)

I can go to the local ‘place’ and get a single connector for $4.95.  or get 20 of them for $2.00 total free shipping….from china

I just cant’ stomach it…. but I’m ok with the $4.00 large coffee Im drinking ;)

strange new world…. and I get the whole support your local business stuff,  but if he’s charging more than 200% markup…my guilt meter is ‘low’

btw:  you use a smoke-eater type thing when soldering?

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

99.9% of my service is out in the field so I’m usually sitting on a floor soldering so no smoke eater. I just had to make 4 cash register/scale cables today at office for a install and realized I’m now out of parts!

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

I miss the good ol’ radio shack days when you could buy a project box and all the parts to build a goddamn project  :(

hlr53
            Participant
              @hlr53

I miss Heathkit – LOL. My first kit was a strobe light (tons of fun) in 1967. I also miss the Allied Electronics (bought by Tandy) catalogs. I’m a retired Honeywell tech rep and many times we ran over to Radio Shack to get caps, transistors etc to get the control systems up and running quickly, rather than FedEXing parts from California.

The last Radio Shack near me (Cincinnati Suburbs) closed last year. I really hadn’t been in one for a few years.

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

I miss Heathkit – LOL. My first kit was a strobe light (tons of fun) in 1967. I also miss the Allied Electronics (bought by Tandy) catalogs. I’m a retired Honeywell tech rep and many times we ran over to Radio Shack to get caps, transistors etc to get the control systems up and running quickly, rather than FedEXing parts from California.

The last Radio Shack near me (Cincinnati Suburbs) closed last year. I really hadn’t been in one for a few years.

there phone stores now if you can find one… kids are to fuckin retarted these day to want to build anything other then something in minecraft
                i’m fuckin old, and somedays that makes me sad, but then I realise its less time living in a world that will someday be ran by the tards I see around me…. good luck future

1 user thanked author for this post.
                BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Fortunately we have a Fry’s near us that in addition to all the TV’s and appliances they sell they still have a large section of good old electronic stuff, they definitely have your dsub connectors.

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

going a bit off topic but i generally disagree with HF….’puts on Knights Armor

I have two teens (18/17) and it seems the next generation is getting a bad ‘rap’ in the media… even my nephew at 16 started a kijiji business that repaired phone screens/batteries on all sorts of cell phones, he was making really good cash for a teen!!!

I’m sure every gen has its’  80% “bums” quota…people that would call an electrician to change a light-bulb…stare at their phones, or their atari 2600s back in the day.

News just wants to make sure you here about all the ‘crap’ that makes you afraid to go outside… which network can scare you the most gets the ratings!

excuse me now…. gotta yell at the neighbours kids for playing on my lawn

NailBuster
                      @nailbuster
                      ModeratorMember

on topic:  the local ‘store’ near me for this stuff is MEGA/huge… its like radio shack/ebay/aliexpress and godzilla combined.

‘kid in a candy store’ for low-level techies..

Related image

Photo of Sayal Electronics - Concord, ON, Canada. Geek's heaven?

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

on topic: the local ‘store’ near me for this stuff is MEGA/huge… its like radio shack/ebay/aliexpress and godzilla combined.

‘kid in a candy store’ for low-level techies..

Related image

Photo of Sayal Electronics - Concord, ON, Canada. Geek's heaven?

what the?? whats the name of this place?? bastard!!!

” i generally disagree with HF…”  <— just when i thought you loved me…  :-(

oh and I can assure you I do not watch the mass media news (the real fake new) outlets….

fun fact: did you know the term fake news really came from the alternative news people, calling the mass media news “fake news”  funny how there trying to flip that….

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

its a total geek paradise.  https://secure.sayal.com/zinc/index.asp

like a whole isle just for resistors….tolerance?  every K you can imagine….every transistor/mosfet/cap you can think of.

i almost think it bought the entire radio shack ‘stock’… i even bought stuff that had radio shack brand on the bag

you could grab everything for your cab in this place… buttons… ws2812 led strips….arduinos…..raspberry pi….servos… fans….

I go in there for a $5 dollar cable…. leave with $80 dollars of crap (aka very important for electronic drawer)

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

see now we have a store kinda like that but really shitty stuff call Axeman 

Place is a surplus store but i enjoy going there anyways.

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

” i generally disagree with HF…” <— just when i thought you loved me… :-(

oh and I can assure you I do not watch the mass media news (the real fake new) outlets….

fun fact: did you know the term fake news really came from the alternative news people, calling the mass media news “fake news” funny how there trying to flip that….

I guess i should’ve said  ” i generally disagree with HF…” on his ‘next-gen-kids’  rant…..but where’s the fun in that  ;-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?