Attack From Mars (Bally 1995) vpx Graphics Remaster

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Brad1X
    Participant
      @brad1x

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=187258

This is jpsalas awesome Bad Cats table – with a new graphics overhaul and some minor adjustments.

I have completely redrawn every graphic element as vector art and used that to create new high resolution PNG files for all of the table art (playfield, plastics etc.)

I also adjusted some of the lighting and fixed the graphic mapping on the ramps so that they are transparent past the graphics (makes it a lot easier to see the skill shot).

I know there are quite a few variations of Attack From Mars out there, please feel free to use the PNG files embedded or contact me if you want some PNGs set up to match what you are working on. All I ask is if you use my graphics you give me credit.

Lastly I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes by releasing this mod, I have learned and gotten a lot from this community and am happy to finally have something to contribute.

Total of 33 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Hi looks good!  FYI I believe JpSalas doesn’t have a problem with mods but wants the modded table to at least be posted at vpforums.com along with wherever you end up posting your mod.

So as long as you post it as well at vpforums, he won’t have an issue and welcomes your mod with open arms

Brad1X
        Participant
          @brad1x

I am trying to figure out how to upload at VPforums (just became a platinum member) it will be up there soon. Also planning on reaching out to jpsalas, his table inspired me.

sheltemke
          Participant
            @sheltemke

Looks great thank you!

bietekwiet
            Participant
              @bietekwiet

How would the table compare to G5k’s version in terms of simulating the real table?

Brad1X
              Participant
                @brad1x

Not sure as I have never played G5K’s version, I have heard of it just never found a copy.

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Wow, man. No small feat to redraw this all as a vector. Kudos on that. I’m looking forward to taking a look at what you’ve done.

Brad1X
                  Participant
                    @brad1x

Bad Cats took a lot longer. I’m pretty impressed with your work as well been playing quite a bit of Pinbot, and trying to find some time to watch your Seawitch videos.

sheltemke
                    Participant
                      @sheltemke

This and Bad Cats must be HELL A LOT OF REDRAW work. How much time you put in those 2 man?

I always thought i will play only G5K’s Attack from mars ever (not even the Pinball Fx3 one) but things changed now i have 2 beautiful AFM to play :)

Thank you so much! Totally amazing pixel perfect quality.

Oldschool4
                      Participant
                        @oldschool4

Yes i agree Pixel perfect, Awesome. :good:

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

I seem to have a issue with my browser and cache. Won’t allow me to press the “thanks” button. Just know that if it was working you surely would get more that one if possible. This is modding table the right way. Thank you very much @brad1x :heart:

htamas
                          Participant
                            @htamas

While I like JP’s table a lot (it is indeed excellent), I think right now G5K’s is the ultimate version that plays and looks the best. Let me know if you want a copy.

Brad1X
                            Participant
                              @brad1x

thanks for the offer htamas – actually got a copy from someone last night, and yeah it plays pretty darn good.

Peter222
                              Participant
                                @swietlikowa

G5k version is still in place (as indicated by Dux Retro’s spreadsheet) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fNhmmlCjFLBjsZOTER7wxlk5iJgB_PTM.
                                I like both versions of JP’s and G5k… And of course now @brad1x – great job, thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                nate01
                                Participant
                                  @nate01

When I start the game it says. Line 70: object required controller. What should I do?

Brad1X
                                  Participant
                                    @brad1x

What version of VPX are you using?

7x4x1z
                                    Participant
                                      @cookieraid

G5k version is still in place (as indicated by Dux Retro’s spreadsheet) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fNhmmlCjFLBjsZOTER7wxlk5iJgB_PTM.

I like both versions of JP’s and G5k… And of course now @brad1x – great job, thanks!

I’ve been looking for this rare gem for hours! Thank you!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?