Attack from Mars Limited Edition Black & White

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    SG1bsoN
    Participant
      @sg1bson

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=211813

Re Upload of My Attack from Mars Black and White Edition Mod of the excellent Brad1X table, Credit also of course to JPSalas for the original table!

I have re coloured all of the table images and added a few new elements as well as adding some shading to everything. Lighting has been adjusted to fit the BW look and I’ve also added a couple of extra flashers here and there. I’ve re drawn the apron to include the Limited Edition logo and some different cards, there are two versions in the image library, one with shadow (default) and one without so you can choose whichever you prefer. The DMD looks best in my opinion in green with this version so I have added a few lines to the script to change it to green by default, feel free to change as you see fit though

You will also find a B2S in the zip that matches the table look along with a Wheel and DMD image to be used in the front end of your choice

(thanks again to Brad1X for the amazing high res playfield to work with, and nullstep for helping with the ball shadow)

I hope you like it

:)

Total of 37 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      giovanni1966
      Participant
        @giovanni1966

Thanks for your hard work.
        But I never understood why a pinball machine should be black and white; It was the same for me at Centaur, which is certainly very appealing from the structure and from the rules in relation to the multiball game. For me pinball machines express fun and joie de vivre. The spark doesn’t jump over if the artwork looks like a flu shot.

rudil24
        Participant
          @rudil24

GORGEOUS table @SG1bsoN  and what you did with the coloring and animations on the backglass is so understatedly good– It’s like playing a whole new game. Thank you so much for this beauty!

0Cool
          Participant
            @0cool

Fantastic job!! Looks and plays great! I really like these kinds of mods. Thanks for sharing, SG1bsoN !!! :good: :good: :good:

sale
            Participant
              @starac

Physics is really good.Bravo

Brad1X
              Participant
                @brad1x

Very nice looking – can’t wait to give it a play!

Brad1X
                Participant
                  @brad1x

I really dig the splashes of color with the black and white.

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Thanks for sharing this update.  I’ve been wondering why I like this treatment so much.  Couple conclusions – I love old b&w films.  Especially cheesy horror movies.  So I already have a built-in appreciation for b&w.  Also, during my dorm days in the 80’s there was a wildly popular artist – Patrick Nagel *rip* (Duran Duran’s Rio album cover) that took the wall poster world by storm.  Minimalist b&w drawings with dabs of color.   …”influenced by the Japanese woodblock print, with figures silhouetted against a neutral background, with strong areas of black and white, and with bold line and unusual angles of view.”  So my brain is pre-programmed to like this.  Also love wood-grain against chrome and brass in steampunk art.  The contrast!

Works great on a table like this!  The Simpsons?  Probably not so much.  But while you’re still in this mode I will mention again how your technique could create an amazing CftBL.

With so many versions of this table out there, thanks again for deciding it was worth it for you to share yet another.  It was!

SG1bsoN
                    Participant
                      @sg1bson

Physics is really good.Bravo

I left the physics as they were so credit to @Brad1X and @JPSalas for that, I agree they did a great job there it plays great

SG1bsoN
                      Participant
                        @sg1bson

I really dig the splashes of color with the black and white.

@Brad1X
                        I’m really pleased you like it and thanks again for the pf redraw.. the detail is insane! It must have taken ages to do

SG1bsoN
                        Participant
                          @sg1bson

Thanks for sharing this update. I’ve been wondering why I like this treatment so much. Couple conclusions – I love old b&w films. Especially cheesy horror movies. So I already have a built-in appreciation for b&w. Also, during my dorm days in the 80’s there was a wildly popular artist – Patrick Nagel *rip* (Duran Duran’s Rio album cover) that took the wall poster world by storm. Minimalist b&w drawings with dabs of color. …”influenced by the Japanese woodblock print, with figures silhouetted against a neutral background, with strong areas of black and white, and with bold line and unusual angles of view.” So my brain is pre-programmed to like this. Also love wood-grain against chrome and brass in steampunk art. The contrast!

Works great on a table like this! The Simpsons? Probably not so much. But while you’re still in this mode I will mention again how your technique could create an amazing CftBL.

With so many versions of this table out there, thanks again for deciding it was worth it for you to share yet another. It was!

@jfr1 I’d never heard of Patrick Nagel, just looked him up.. some very cool artwork, I see what you mean.  Are there any Steampunk tables out there that you know of? A full steam punk table would look awesome. I think you’ve talked me into doing cftbl :)

7x4x1z
                          Participant
                            @cookieraid

I’ve been waiting for this! Can’t wait to try it. Thank you!

makmak
                            Participant
                              @makmak

Thank you, looks & plays brilliant! For my taste I had to color the insert lights a little bit. During fast gameplay i was not able to see if a light is lit or not and did not know which shot to go best. Maybe its my poor display. Now, with a little colored lights I will play this version a lot! Thx!!

bord
                                @bord
                                MembervipContributorModerator

Thank you, looks & plays brilliant! For my taste I had to color the insert lights a little bit. During fast gameplay i was not able to see if a light is lit or not and did not know which shot to go best. Maybe its my poor display. Now, with a little colored lights I will play this version a lot! Thx!!

This would be my only creative suggestion, too. Since, like wood, real inserts have color it might look good to keep the non-art part of the inserts in color. That is a nitpick, though. I never would have considered this for a B&W mod but in reality the theme lends itself well and the execution is awesome. Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Brad1X
                                Participant
                                  @brad1x

And when I worked on it I only did the graphics redraw so the physics which are awesome are all JPSalas fine work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  makmak
                                  Participant
                                    @makmak

this is my style ;-) , I’ ve just colored the light bulbs a lil bit

afm

Numiah
                                    Participant
                                      @numiah

She’s amazing!
                                      Thanks a gazillion.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

daveytron
                                      Participant
                                        @daveytron

This version will become by goto version to play. The G5k version was great But this is epic.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?