Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

I’m aware of the avr_200. But, while I had problems figuring out how the flashers where supposed to be. I reverted back just in case it was related and then forgot to “upgrade” again ;)

johnco
      Participant
        @johnco

Also wondering about the avr_110 choice.   Not that it matters, I don’t know the difference between the two.

This table is awesome, plays great.   Because of all the included sounds I’m using it additionally as a PMD demo for visitors who are curious about it.  Tweaked sounds just a little bit in a PMDDEMO version and unplug the toys to demo PMD by itself.   Thanks!

edit:  ah, didn’t see your avr_200 explanation before posting this…

CarnyPriest
        Participant
          @carnypriest

2.0 is the same rule set as 1.1 modified to accommodate a different USB chip set that was put in place midway through the production run. For VP, it’s no difference which code set you pick to use.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-software-update

Well, except that 2.0 is a bigger number than 1.1 so it’s got to be better. 0.9 better as a matter of fact. I got a math degree.

32assassin
          Participant
            @32assassin

Might be out a 1.1 by then ? LOL. Well, as you guys saw in the thread, 32assassins provided me with updates. I found small issue in that version, but should be easily fixed. Will have a peek at suggestion from DjRobX as well. My history from modding is that I’ve converted a lot of VP9 tables to PM5, and in that process I’ve had to study and understand more about how the ball moves, ramps, kickers, rubbers … etc. than all the new stuff that has been added to VPX. Sure, I’ve read about it, semi understood it as well, but never had to write code for it. But, I’m slowly getting there, only because you guys are awesome !

did you download the latest version? the one with the working primiitve flippers.

the only problem I found is this

the ball goes behind this when the 3 target bank is up and the bank will either go down or the ball will get stuck.

I don’t know if its part of the game.  get the ball behind the targets for an instant drop.

I can add a hidden wall in the open area that can drop and rise with the other hidden walls.

their are two triggers on the ramp,  I have no clue what they are used for

rightrampcounter

rightrampcounter1

they where part of the code

Dim RightCount:RightCount = 0
            Sub rightrampcounter_hit:RightCount = 1:end sub

Sub rightdrop_hit
            If RightCount = 1 then
            playsound “BallDrop”
            End If
            RightCount = 0
            End Sub

I have no idea what its for,  I removed them since they had on rom scoring functions.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Attachments:
            Thalamus
              @thalamus

Yes. 32 – I re-downloaded the latest and we are talking about the same problem. I checked and re-checked. Scratching my head why this suddenly started to happen. All you did was modernizing stuff. Several ways of fixing it. I’ve come up with a low tech solution that seems to work. Adding a hidden rubber just under the one lower primitive one. I did look through and made most of the changes you suggested. Re-checked the older versions for motor2.wav … not there. So, I guess it was an idea that got abandoned. Then again, it is a nice idea. There should be some sound coming from those targets dropping. I tried yesterday to find something that could fit, but, well – didn’t find anything. Once you start down that patch – well, playsound have gotten more than a few more parameters. Directional sound. What stopped me dead in the path is that once I changed the table to use SolModCallBack like DjRobX suggested the lights died on me. Kind of where I left it yesterday. Got a surprise visit from a friend and today my head hurts ;-)

Conclusion from peeking at WOF, was that I could exploit the flashers to do much more than I’ve previously though. But, I don’t think I have to time to do them right now. You see, I’ve started a two week holiday and already booked a flight to Oslo on Sunday. From there me and my wife will wing-it. We have a day to decide where we go next. So, I kind of don’t know how long I will be away either.

My dilemma is kind of – should a release a 1.1 with your improved flasher domes or should I spend time on figuring out where problem is and then implement all the stuff I now are beginning to see can be added. I’ve almost made up my mind already. I want to continue down this path and try my best to learn new stuff and make the 1.1 something more that I’m currently know how to do.

Don’t see why you guys should need wait on me though. I will go down this path no matter what. It is after all my goto table for testing new stuff out on :)

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

enjoy your holyday

I made more changes

I removed the extra switch from the ramp

gate at ramp is now sw52

I set the primitive ramp to toy and added hidden ramps,  I needed a holder for my gate trigger and my “ball Drop” sound trigger.

deleted allot of unused images

added a hidden wall that drops and rises with the 3 bank target primitive.

if you want sound import the Motor-old1 sound file from Pinbot and rename it Motor2

Most Sam tables have a ramp in the plunger lane that shoots the ball into the PF.

this table had a gate to keep the ball from returning to the plunger lane.

I added the ramp.  I was not able to find a detailed picture to confirm this,  but I’m almost certain that it should have the ramp in place.

their is one major problem that still needs to be fixed.

Jake Animation

their are multiple walls in layer 2 (next to the ramp entrance) that are needed for “RiseJake” and “DropJake” animation

since we now have a primitive toy,  the code needs to be updated and those walls need to be deleted.

they are set to hidden and their is no images attached to those walls.

the animation code will be activated when you lock a ball,  but you will not see it.

I did not want to share this since I did not want to have multiple versos

I will remove it when version 1.1 is released.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep6gcbgu1gpdnnx/Avatar%20Pro%20Update.vpx?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
                Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Headache went away later in the day. So, I had a go at previously shared table. Happy to say that I figured everything out in the end. Thank you for the update and for sharing you expertise. I should add one thing. The changes you made, and I need to find out why – solved a long lasting problem I’ve had with some Stern tables. Flipper could suddenly die and needed to be re-pressed. I’ve mentioned this a long long time ago.

Pinbolt
                  Participant
                    @pinbolt

Thank you for the update 32a, but I found a bug here. I shot the banshee ramp with not enough power an the ball lies in the mittle of the ramp.

No change to get the ball free.

Attachments:
                    Pinbolt
                    Participant
                      @pinbolt

Hi Avatar Team, is it possible to make the Future Pinball mobile Laboratory modul animation in your VPX table.

This looks so amazing. Look here at 5:52

Sven34
                      Participant
                        @sven34

The table  fo SLAMT1L  :wacko:

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

LOL. I had so fun looking at that gameplay. FP is even worse than I remember. VP is the best pinball emulator out there, almost authentic, FP tries to act like its pinball, but, since it is so bad at it they need to distract the players with other thing. Back to your question. The animation from PM5 table is still there. 32assassins mentioned that in his latest update. I haven’t even tried looking at it yet, not sure if I ever will. I of course don’t speak for all here. So, time will tell I guess.

Pinbolt
                          Participant
                            @pinbolt

I tested again and I deleted my nvram but the door is always open.

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

I just updated the table

-tweaked the hidden ramp, hopefully the ball will not get stuck on slow ramp shots

-3bank target now shakes when its hit

I added the code to animate the pod but its disabled

line 103 –>DropJake is commented out

Line-110 –>RiseJake is commented out

the problem is that the pod primitive was not prepped for animation.

I had to spit it into two pieces, upper and lower.   JakeTop  will close to its proper place if you set ObjRotY = 70

but the animation will not work properly because the pivot point is on the center of the pod not the hinge.

the pivot point on the primitive need to be updated,  I’m not sure how to do that.

Sven34
                              Participant
                                @sven34

in this video I show you the coffin cover also here the ball is shot and the lid remains open.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

I knew this from what 85Vett said on the Pm5 release details : “The only thing I added to this table that isn’t part of the real table is the Jake animation.”. However, thank you for sharing this vid. I’ve looked on several Avatars already, but, this angle gave me some new info. Will as I said look into the matter once I’m back home. One thing I’ve noticed is that there seems to be a few different variations of color use for especially “link”.

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

I made a more accurate pod …. i’ll get it so it can be brought into the table and someone can animate it…

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

here it is in the table… added the piece of acrylic so the ball doesnt get stuck

32assassin
                                      Participant
                                        @32assassin

table as been updated to a VP 10.4 template

https://mega.nz/#!A5chmJZb!aiFoCriL1-btybr58AGKyd-zpHrthxZ3mFXUuCxUcuk

Jake animation has been disabled,  since its a custom setting.

the code is still their, if anyone wants to use it,  the Primitive Jake Top needs to be updated.

I’m no longer working on this unless their are more bugs found.

their is more to be done,  but that is mostly decorative WIP, such as the ramp decals.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Thank you. Curious to what you’ve done. When I came back from holiday. I did merge the latest table updates you did with with some change from both me and HF. I found a few small mistakes made and signs of a shaker motor. I’ve since sent off the wip I have – and waiting for a feedback. I have a clear idea on where I want to go, but, I’ve gotten no feedback yet. I expect this is related to other projects so I’m good at the moment.

I’m a bit torn between two things. Should I make it look like the original or go for modified light colors like in the link to YT above.

freelunch
                                          Participant
                                            @freelunch

If it’s not a time sink to do both, you could program them to be toggled by table options and let the end user decide. Otherwise, I’d suspect more people prefer it to look like the real thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 158 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?