This topic contains 121 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Major Frenchy 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • Author
     TNT2 
    Participant

Well done Thalamus!

Ginsonic 
    Participant

Thanks a lot Thalamus  :good:

DJ Wheels 
    Participant

Nice! Thank you

Psmiraglia 
    Participant

is it just me that have the plunger sitting up to a point where auto plunger does not work ? I tried to change the settings of the object, but it seems to “raise” mid-play… running 1.12

dazzlaa 
    Participant

Hey Thalamus,

I’ve been experimenting with this table today to try and learn how things are done so I can help in the future with other tables etc.

I wanted to change the table so it plays the original music as you load the table. Well I can get the music playing but it won’t stop when the game starts. Can you help with that part of the script?

This is just a personal journey for me, I don’t want to step on your work or previous authors.

best regards

daz

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

No i’m sorry i don’t know. I’m sure I could do it though by peeking at Xenonph’s mod tables. There he turns off the vpm sounds via script and adds his own music/sounds. The recent Flash mods comes to mind. If I haven’t misunderstood your what you are trying to achieve. Remember though to add in the exit routine something that enables the VPM sound again.

Or maybe what you are after is what wrd1972 does for BOP. It is easier to learn something by looking at what others have done before :)

I expect there is a simply stopsound “intro” or something in there, carefully placed.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

What I do is stop the sounds with ballrelease or the gate for the ballrelease into plunger.

On this table, Gate7 is the ballrelease Gate.

Since there is usually no subs for these in script, I make my own.

Try adding this line of script anywhere after Line 263. (Good to keep it in general area of all the other event subs.)

If your sound effect is a wav file imported into sound manager use this line,(substitute xxx with name of your sound effect.)

Sub Gate7_Hit():StopSound”xxx”:End Sub

If you are using an mp3 file added to music folder for your sound effect, use this Line…

Sub Gate7_Hit():EndMusic:End Sub

These Lines of script will shut off your sound effect when ball enters plunger area.

Hope this helps.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Another option that you can possibly consider is using Pinup Player to trigger music based on DMD images shown while playing. I did this for Aliens FX3 to replace the in-game music with the movie’s music.

The Drain can be a “Ball Done” music, MB Mode Image can trigger specific music, and the xxx Mode Complete Image can go back to the Default music,etc…

Since there is already an Avatar PuP-Pack made, most of the work is already done for you. You can just add new “Triggers” using the DMD images already available and you add/select music of your choice, and chose your Reset Seconds,etc..

I’m surprised I havent tried this yet….makes me want to do this with the Transformers PuP-Pack I’m making.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

What I do is stop the sounds with ballrelease or the gate for the ballrelease into plunger.

On this table, Gate7 is the ballrelease Gate.

Since there is usually no subs for these in script, I make my own.

Try adding this line of script anywhere after Line 263. (Good to keep it in general area of all the other event subs.)

If your sound effect is a wav file imported into sound manager use this line,(substitute xxx with name of your sound effect.)

Sub Gate7_Hit():StopSound”xxx”:End Sub

If you are using an mp3 file added to music folder for your sound effect, use this Line…

Sub Gate7_Hit():EndMusic:End Sub

These Lines of script will shut off your sound effect when ball enters plunger area.

Hope this helps.

Can SAM tables have their music turned off either in the table script, or on a per-game basis in PinMAME?

For Avatar, one could get the movie music from the excellent FP version to make it work with the above methods….same with Tron, Iron Man,etc..

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Should work like any other rom.

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”) = 0

But make sure you turn it back on with table exit. (or other tables that use same rom will have the rom off also.)

So you add this to Exit Sub..

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”)=1:Controller.Stop:End Sub

If the above doesn’t work, try using the rom name..for instance..

Controller.Games(“avr_200”).Settings.Value(“sound”) = 0

and Exit…

Sub Table1_Exit():Controller.Games(“avr_200”).Settings.Value(“sound”)=1:Controller.Stop:End Sub

If this is what you are talking about. This will shut off all rom sounds, not just the music.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     dazzlaa 
    Participant

Excellent info guys, thank you so much.

this is more about learning initially so I can hopefully give something back in the future.

I thought about adding in movie soundtracks to some of my movie based tables and as Avatar was first in my alphabetical list, this was the table to help me learn.

I still have not updated to popper Terry but I’m sure it takes care of most of what I’m doing for sure. I guess if I learn outside of popper then it will serve me well for other tables.

As for FP versions, yes that is what I’m after. My son has a bartop arcade I built that runs FP (not enough power for VP) and I enjoy some of the extras added in to those tables.

thanks again, I’ll report back my results :)

Thalamus 

That’s fine dazzlaa. Everyone needs to start somewhere. I however would hope that the mods are done more in the direction of what Batch does for his Motorhead table. Using the rom for scoring and general logic, completely changing the sound and layout. I know it is not what you are trying to achieve here and now. I just thought I should mention it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     dazzlaa 
    Participant

Ok, so it’s all working great now!

Table loads and the movie soundtrack launches. When the game starts it switches to the original pinball music.

will try and integrate it with popper later today.

thanls for the help guys, it’s been quite an enjoyable experience so far  :yahoo:

dazzlaa 
    Participant

Hey Thalamus, I have not seen that table to reference but I will check it out for sure.

i was thinking about changing ROM sounds actually but wasn’t sure it was possible?

Thalamus 

And – just at this moment you need to say goodbye to friends and family. You’ve created something new and then there is no turning back. :whistle:

I haven’t had time yet. But, if I update this table – maybe we should add you code ?! B-)

… or you’re free to do so on your own. I don’t have any intent to keep this as mine and Fren has already given a green light to mod all his previous work.

dazzlaa 
    Participant

Haha yes I do find myself picking up hobbies that remove me from my actual life!

thanks for ok-ing the mod. Would be great to get it added in as a release.

I’m still playing around with it and need to tidy some things up and add it the popper version too.

when I’m finished we can get it pushed out.

Thanks again :)

dazzlaa 
    Participant

Ok guys, I have been at it for like 5 hours today and i need a break. I have had some trouble with some other pieces. Could do with a quick chat to get me on my way again. Basically, I have changed the playfield image but in doing so, all the posts are now wayy out of position. Trouble is when I select one of them in the editor, they all become selected.

Secondly, there are 3 items that strangely sit on top of the playfield and I cant get rid of them.

I realise we are all probably the opposite end of the world so if you could help it would be great. Ill check back in later :)

Thalamus 

We all do those mistakes from time to time. The problem you experience is that the elements you select are already in a collection and by selecting one, you select them all. Two ways to change that. Take it out of the collection ( but, be aware, it might be a reason for that and you should put it back again ). Or, select while holding the Shift key. That way you choose only the single object.

Can’t understand what you mean by 3 items sitting on top of the playfield. I hope they all do :) It is the way you describe the problem I guess that is confusing. Pic helps :)

dazzlaa 
    Participant

Hey, I made a quick video.

Hope this helps explain!

Thalamus 

Yes, you’ve messed it up real good. That is why, while working on tables you should save often so that you can go back. Since you don’t have the experience and I’m  not 100% on where you made the problem. It is time to go back some versions or start over from there.This time make some extra copies. The whole table is made up of a pretty large primitive. It might be that you changed the scale on it. The table itself I found to be hard to work with because you can’t really move elements one by one without going via Blender. If you read the thread, you see 32a helping me to address a small problem with the left outlane and STAT also wanted some change.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account