Viewing 18 posts - 141 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    evileman
    Participant
      @evileman

Thankyou for the update Thalamus. :good:

robertms
      Participant
        @mophead

@thalamus Great update! Love the new domes and the dazzling light show; this table was always lacking in the drama-department so the upgrade suits it well.  Very enjoyable and plays well. One small adjustment, Flasherbase131a dome base ring appears missing, so I moved base position Z to 146

@makmak Certain models of analog plungers (i.e. Virtuapin) often require small adjustments in VPX editor for the auto-plunger to fire properly. Each table is different so it’s a bit tricky to balance correctly; in this case try the following:

Select “Plunger” element
        Change Position Y = 2064.841
        Change Mech Strength = 100
        Change Release Speed = 100

@freneticamnesic your reply is too dark, I can’t read it.. ;-)  

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

Thanks for the update! Will be checking it next week when i finally have more time for the cab!

ZlittZ
          Participant
            @zlittz

THX Big Time :good: to all involved! This looks werry nice!

Sven34
            Participant
              @sven34

Thanks for another update of Stern Pinball Avatar or also Mod 1.19. Very good. and thanks go to the Team.

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

Thanks for the update – it’s great!  :good:

studlygoorite
                Participant
                  @studlygoorite

Just curious, does this have SSF (I don’t see that it does) and if not, any plans?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

@studlygoorite : I wonder. How did you come up with that conclusion ? Did you download the old release ?

studlygoorite
                    Participant
                      @studlygoorite

I just installed SSF so I wanted a playlist, went to the Google Spread Sheet VPS 3.5 and downloaded all 40 tables or so that were documented having SSF. I thought the spreadsheet was up to date but by your reaction, I’m thinking not :) Playing it again I see….and feel that you have done an excellent job of implementing SSF into Avatar. Thanks for that and I should have actually played it again to make sure before I wasted your time, but while I have your attention :) some tables that have voices coming through the exciters like Kiss, I discovered I could go into the sound settings of the table and move the sound samples with voice to the backglass. I did Kiss one sample at a time but then discovered that you can select a bunch of sound samples and select “toggle BG out” that changes them from table to backglass in the position but it doesn’t actually place the sound fully on the backglass until you actually go into the position setting and hit ok on each. Is this correct? Oh and thanks for being such a proponent of SSF, we are lucky to have you. Oh again, if I still have your attention, some tables sound a bit canned with SSF, I’m thinking Equalizer APO might be able to fix that….thoughts?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

You are right about everything. For the toggle BG out. Once moved. Press save and exit completely and reload. It probably should at one time be mentioned as a bug.

40 tables is far from correct, I believe all my downloaded tables has it now. And with the gitrepo, you can of course get many hundreds by some very easy steps. Sound will depending on quality of the samples, your exciters and the materials used in the cabinet. It become a little bit more muffled than if the sound was output into the air. But, it is well worth it for the experience. Yes, EQ APO is highly recommended, so is PinVol and a copy of Audacity ;)

Oh, and, thank you for the kind words.

studlygoorite
                        Participant
                          @studlygoorite

Many hundreds, sweet. Thanks for the info., actually the 40 tables is what I did not have yet and was doing that night, total I have now in my playlist is 70 but that’s all I can find at the moment. Starting to tweak all tables taking flipper, coin, bumper sounds from one table to another, pushing bumper sounds to the back, its very addicting, I already want to upgrade my exciters from 4X DAEX58FP but once you play AC/DC, Freddy A Nightmare On Elm Street…..and Avatar :) you want all tables to sound and feel like them, hard to go back to playing something that has not been coded with SSF. Having difficulty finding anything about gitrepo and SSF but I will ask about it on the Facebook Group. Cheers

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts – just follow the direction in the bottom. If you’ve got the table with the exact same name, it should work. If you find errors, then let me know about it and it will be fixed. If there are tables that are missing, then maybe ask me about it. I tend to make every table ssf aware, but, I also want to keep those up there so that you don’t need to do anything else than put the script along side the table and play.

Just press that clone or download button and you will get a zip archive with all the table scripts included.

studlygoorite
                            Participant
                              @studlygoorite

Dude, now I know how Indy felt when he found the holy grail. I’ve seen some of your other work (PinDMD3 Recordings+) and thought WOW but this is on another level. Thanks for doing and sharing!!

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

I wish I could experience the difference between a full SSF sound set up to see how it compares to a system with contactors, etc.

studlygoorite
                                Participant
                                  @studlygoorite

All I have is SSF, just upgraded my exciters and amps not too long ago and started playing all my tables over again to find the best SSF. BIG smile on my face playing this table again, wow, when I hit the left ramp I feel it bump in the top left corner and then again when it hits the top right corner. The ball feels so much like it has weight to it, great showpiece for friends and all the audio options in the script are the icing on the cake. Thanks again………I know you are a busy guy but might you be working on SSF etc on any other tables?

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

:) What can I say. Kind of ?! I’ve made a vbs export wrapper in my cab, so all table scripts gets exported. I go through them and often adds stuff, yes. Since it isn’t always just script alone, then there isn’t any way to share it, except for uploading I guess. Fortunately, almost all authors are now paying very close attention to SSF, which, I agree. Is a essential part. You say SSF only, so, that means no mechanical toys ? Honestly, that is the best choice. Pinball machines has never been very quiet. But, having a “night switch” is a good idea if you don’t live all on your own :p I don’t currently have any tables planned to upload as a mod, if that is what you’re asking.

studlygoorite
                                    Participant
                                      @studlygoorite

I thought about adding mechanical toys but really SSF is good for me especially good SSF and one of the bonuses of having a virtual machine is that it doesn’t break down :) My sister’s real Twister Table is constantly down because of one issue or another and I’m afraid adding more mechanics to mine might create similar scenarios. Happy that almost all authors are now paying close attention to SSF, it’s a wonderful addition. Cheers

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Yeah. I understand. My DOF is currently down ;) But, well, my fault as usual. If I had to pick between those two – SSF would come out as the winner.

Viewing 18 posts - 141 through 158 (of 158 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?