Avengers (Pro), The (Stern 2012)

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

Hey guys. My table is running perfectly. This is a gameplay question and apologise if this is the wron spot for it.

whenever I play this table I always seem to find the ball goes down the right lane and out every time it hits that section. It seems to happy 9 out of 10 times when I feel it should actually go in the left hand side of those two lanes and go towards The flippers

is it just really hard table or is it something that needs tweaking?

a large majority of the tables let you adjust rubber positions to adjust for that.

take a look at the pic the peg/pin that holds the rubber can be adjusted
      Capture

if you want easy play make the gap between the two rubbers as narrow as  possible

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
      DarthColejoy
      Participant
        @darthcolejoy

Thanks guys for the feedback. Certainly wasn’t expecting an update. Never really delved into adjusting elements so will have a go. Any suggested videos or forums links to a beginners guide to moving the relevant pins/elements?

thanks again.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Not really. Just open the table, turn off one layer after the other until you see what you expect to be the objects you want to move. Then go for it – save the table as something else so you don’t screw up the original and you’re well on your way to really start having fun with vp. If you make a mistake, just open the original and try again. If you really can’t figure it out, I can give you some pointers by opening this table myself. But, I really urge you to try first, you learn so much better when you do the mistakes all on your own.

BazzaLB
          Participant
            @bazzalb
            a large majority of the tables let you adjust rubber positions to adjust for that.

take a look at the pic the peg/pin that holds the rubber can be adjusted

Capture

if you want easy play make the gap between the two rubbers as narrow as possible

Came here to ask the exact same question. This is pretty cool.. you can even see the plastic has a slot in it to cater for this exact rubber adjustment which helps you make sure you aren’t adjusting beyond the tables expected tolerance for that rubber. Perfect, thanks for the tip.

ronald71
            Participant
              @ronald71

Nice table, I get VBScript error. Can’t start Gameavs_170c

Game name not found!

I have the avs_170 rom.  I changed the script to match.

I still get the Gameavs-170 not found error.  :o(

I tested the rom in PinMame….works, as the DMD graphic came up fine.

I even tried to  re-name the rom to avg_170 and using that name in the script….still not working :cry:

all other Stern VPX tables are working perfectly

I  Hope someone can help me.. on this one.

maybe a link to a working script of this table? :bye:

MarcosRH
              Participant
                @marcosrh

I’m having exactly the same mistake as Playa1970.
                I put the rom in the “roms” folder and when I run the table I get the message “can’t start game avs_170c. Gamenane not found”.
                Getting the C out of the script didn’t work.
                I tried to rename the rom too.
                Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

you more then likely have Exclusive Full Screen enabled and did not take the necessary steps required to have that on

When you get a missing rom error 9 out of 10 times the problem  is with something other then the rom or the table script

you can eliminate the rom as a possible problem  by doing a rom audit/rebuild with Romcenter or ClrMAMEpro to

make sure that all your roms are correct.

but you can also

Go to your PINMAME folder

Run   Setup.exe

Click Test

Look for the rom in question

Select it

Click on  “Check ROMs”

Every single bin,audio or whatever inside the zip file much have a STATE = OK

(If its a Stern SAM rom and its patched it should have a Length Mismatch CRC error)

if you are ruing patched roms

Click on Game Options and make sure that  “Cabinet Mode”  and “Ignore ROM CRC errors”  are checked

Capture

Once you checked that  your roms zip file and made sure that it has all the correct bin files you can click start.

If your rom runs  with PINAME  and you get a “missing rom ” error when you load your table

the problem is with your Visual Pinball Settings more then likely Exclusive Full Screen

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

@marcosrh : Fooling pinmame that way isn’t really a good idea, renaming roms for what they not are; at least before you know how this works exactly. If it says gamename not found, you most probably are running the official pinmame, often distributed over vpf or the one in all installer. Get the Carny build, that supports color ( that is the C in the end ). Or, an ancient pinmame. Getting Carny’s build will fix that too. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4278-sambuild33-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=48761

You can without any problems run the table without the color, it is ok to change the rom name in the table. Just means, you won’t run color, but with the same rom/rules.

Roms from Stern, go to their website and into the Supprt -> GameCode section. Make sure you rename the rom to what pinmame wants and then zip it with the same name.

MarcosRH
                    Participant
                      @marcosrh

Thank you for your help.
                      I will give some more information that may facilitate your analysis. I can’t understand what’s going on, but it must be setup.
                      The ROM and the table I downloaded here on Vpinball (the ROM was in PupPack).
                      I have a case with Visual Pinball / Pinup installed. The vpinmame is 1.42 and the visual pinmame is 3.3. I tried to enter the setup and, in the TEST section, check the ROM, but he just can’t find it. Shows the other ROMs, but not avs_170c (color).
                      What left me most lost was that on my work PC I also have Visual Pinball installed and on it the ROM appears on the TEST and the table works normally.
                      It is the same version of Visual Pinball, vpinmame and visual pinmame on the 2 PCs.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Don’t trust only the header of the programs themselves for these kind of things. You have to look at Carny’s build, like the official, with the same version, but, also with a patch that extends its functionality. If you compare pinmame.dll between those computers, I’m sure you find that they do differ.

slugger000
                        Participant
                          @slugger000

i get 2 balls in the shoot on start and evertime both balls go down drain

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?