Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    kenswift
    Participant
    @kenswift

Let us know how you like the PuPPack!! Now you see why hawkeyez is my right hand man.

Meek424424
    Participant
    @meek424424

All I have to say is WOW!!!! I don’t usually get super excited about PUP Packs but you guys killed it! Everything is top notch. Great install instructions, you should never get questions. The artwork and videos are simply amazing. Great work to all involved. Thank you for all the hard work and all you contribute to this wonderful community!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bietekwiet
    Participant
    @bietekwiet

I don’t know what Sam build is or how to update it, but I have the same issue that the rom is not recognised or picked up. Renaming the Rom in script to avs_170.zip and rename Pup folder + Altcolor folder accordingly fixed it for me.

What I liked the most of all is the imported physics. They are next level and are really good.
    Is there an easy way to extrapolate such physics to other good tables, like say…The Flintstones?

Note: The physics feel very realistic , especially when it comes to aiming the shots.
    The rubber on the flippers feels very grippy, would that be equivalent to a (only) a new table?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by bietekwiet.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by bietekwiet.
    kenswift
    Participant
    @kenswift

You can totally import that file into any table I believe but how it works with that specific table I can’t answer. Sneakily1 created that specifically for the Avengers Pro. Glad you enjoyed it and found a work around to the update.

Manolo / ICE
    Participant
    @kamerik

Thank you ! Great puppack. Love the topper in the backglass. And the color rom. Seemed i had the golden color. So much better now :D

sneakily1
    Participant
    @sneakily1

Like Kenswift said, you can easily import/export any physics file between tables. However, just because a physics set is good for one table, doesn’t mean it’s going to be good on another table. Also, ALWAYS backup the table’s original physics before messing with them! In this particular instance, I don’t really recommend using it on other tables. Having tried this physics set on other tables out of my own curiosity, I wasn’t a fan of the results elsewhere (even the LE version of Avengers shouldn’t use this physics set… thus, why it’s only on Pro).

Owner: OPeCKiE Productions

2 users thanked author for this post.
    thebeast0449
    Participant
    @thebeast0449

I have sam build r5037 is that ok?

rom works great

but no pup player?

followed instructions

hawkeyez88
    Participant
    @hawkeyez88

@thebeast0449 – what other puppacks do you have working? Sopranos?

thebeast0449
    Participant
    @thebeast0449

munsters

beatles

potter

goonies

all working perfect – pup config ok

running r5037

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by thebeast0449.
    trochjochel
    Participant
    @trochjochel

munsters

beatles

potter

goonies

all working perfect – pup config ok

running

You have to install dmd-extension freezy 1.8 or 1.71 correct to get all other puppacks working. All puppacks that working for you are originals, they work not the same as rom based tables like Avengers or Avatar.

trochjochel
    Participant
    @trochjochel

And by the way. GREAT WORK on this pack. But you guys know that i love your work. High polished love it.

DarthColejoy
    Participant
    @darthcolejoy

Hey guys – thanks heaps for the pupPack and also the help. Was able to update my Sam build and get it all working. So helpful for people new to this like me.

I have a question (and this is probably wrong place for it so happy to be redirected) – but when I play the table (which I downloaded from the link) and I hit certain things – pretty sure Hulk related my whole table moves – up and down I think. Not sure if that is meant to happen or whether something may be off with my settings for the table?

Any help would be appreciated.

kenswift
    Participant
    @kenswift

Sounds like you have a usb joystick plugged in and your nudge turned on.  Check your preferences, video, nudge strength

thebeast0449
    Participant
    @thebeast0449

Thankyou trochjochel

yes I was thinking that – so I have freezys running 1.8

and even have his dmd running on avengers

but still no pup

am I missing a step between dmdext and pupplayer?

thanks again

Shaker1971
    Participant
    @shaker1971

I am i same position as @thebeast0499. Table and DMD load fine but no pup pack, no matter which option I try.

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

I am i same position as @thebeast0499. Table and DMD load fine but no pup pack, no matter which option I try.

The Puppack name that you are using for the game is the same as the Rom?

Shaker1971
    Participant
    @shaker1971

The Puppack name that you are using for the game is the same as the Rom?

Yes, I am using the avs_170c.zip rom that came with the pup-pack and have copied the folder to my PUPVideos

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

@thebeast0449  and  @shaker1971
    Check here for some ideas  — http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot
    Because it sounds like you’re missing something
    Sense there are 3 different ways of making puppacks it’s possible you don’t have it set up correctly

Shaker1971
    Participant
    @shaker1971

Thankyou trochjochel

yes I was thinking that – so I have freezys running 1.8

and even have his dmd running on avengers

but still no pup

am I missing a step between dmdext and pupplayer?

thanks again

I was in the exact same position as you with some pup-packs working and others not. Turns out when I updated to latest Freezy 1.8 it overwrote my dmddevice.ini  and removed the pinup enabled bit at the end.

Everything working fine now including Avengers

thebeast0449
    Participant
    @thebeast0449

but I’ve already made the ini changes???

still no pups

running pinplayer 1.40

updating..updated 1.45

still no go – dmd device log

[4] 2020/06/24 07:48:14.291 WARN | PAL[1171] No mappings found but there are still 5121 bytes in the file!
    [9] 2020/06/24 07:48:14.473 ERROR | Cannot load C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\dmddevicePUP.DLL

put dmddevicePUP.DLL in vpinmame folder – error stopped

still no pups – getting –

[4] 2020/06/24 07:48:14.291 WARN | PAL[1171] No mappings found but there are still 5121 bytes in the file![4] 2020/06/24 07:48:14.291 WARN | PAL[1171] No mappings found but there are still 5121 bytes in the file!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by thebeast0449.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW