Back to the Future Altsound

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    apophis
    Participant
      @massie

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=214614

Altsound – Back to the Future (Data East 1990)

The latest version of VPinMAME is required for this altsound to work (10 Dec 2020 or later)
      https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063

Brougt to you by Apophis & iDigStuff

Big thanks to iDigStuff for the testing and providing some much needed tweaks.

All Artwork, Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

rivaldo85
      Participant
        @rivaldo85

No link to download

apophis
        Participant
          @massie

I’m still waiting on moderator to approve this. Sorry.

rivaldo85
          Participant
            @rivaldo85

New at VP. But been building a tabel (cobra kai/kataetkid). I don’t know how to add a small music folder (3-4 songs). I have read article on how to and can’t do. If I email u table w the songs think u can create a folder and send it back to me???  Would really appreciate it. Think pinball community would like table ….My email is srivaldo@cralinc.com. Can u email me??

jjkrause
            Participant
              @jjkrause

Thanks!  Sounds awesome.  I cannot use it yet though as it doesn’t work with the latest PinMAME SAM build which is needed for coloured DMDs.

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

Works fine here with latest vpinmame (not sambuild). But, like everytime, altsound is ways to quiet so the *.csv (gain section) must be edited.

Thank you very much ;-)

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

1 user thanked author for this post.
                apophis
                Participant
                  @massie

As SAMBuild is a fork of the official VPinMAME, I’m not sure how it’s managed. But I think CarneyPriest incorporates updates from the trunk on a regular basis. So hopefully in his next beta release you should be able to use this altsound.

LlamaStick
                  Participant
                    @llamastick

Works fine here with latest vpinmame (not sambuild). But, like everytime, altsound is ways to quiet so the *.csv (gain section) must be edited.

Thank you very much ;-)

Could you please explain about the gain file? Not heard of this before – are all altsounds needing to be amended?

Thanks!

apophis
                    Participant
                      @massie

For general info on altsound and how to increase the volume, check out this video: https://youtu.be/wxR-K3FoMMw

Johngreve
                      Participant
                        @johngreve

Sounds great and thanks for this!…very nice improvement over the original ROM. The problem that I noticed that I am having is that with the required version of pinmame required quite a few of my other tables will not load now and give me a “rom not found” error…..had to revert back for the time being anyway. Is their a workaround of some sort….or am I the only one having this problem.

Maiguelon
                        Participant
                          @maiguel0n

I have to try it with the puppack that I made a long time ago, I think it is the perfect combination. Thanks for this altsound !!

kapterb
                          Participant
                            @kapterb

Hello, not sure what I’m doing wrong. I upgraded SamBuild to 3.3 and VPinMame to 3.3, both from 12/23 but I cannot get this alt sound to work… could you tell me what I’m missing?

SOLVED –

I was using an alias rom needs to be the original bttf_a27 rom. Thanks to apophis for the quick reply.

studlygoorite
                            Participant
                              @studlygoorite

Finally no static when the lightning and thunder strike, thanks for doing this guys.

Addestratore
                              Participant
                                @addestratore

I have a question, how do you figure out what to name the ALT files so they work?

I am working on a table and really want to change some of the more annoying sounds but do not know know to figure out the names to give them, please help

apophis
                                Participant
                                  @massie

Make sure the are .ogg audio files, and point to them from the altsound.csv file. If you have more questions you can PM me.

herkdriver
                                  Participant
                                    @herkdriver

Having issues with the sound pack. I did the install per directions. When I start the table I get the first few sounds but never get any music or further sounds other than bumpers and ball noise.

I tried 3 different versions of VPX tables. All do the same. any ideas?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    delanorocha
                                    Participant
                                      @delanorocha

Having issues with the sound pack. I did the install per directions. When I start the table I get the first few sounds but never get any music or further sounds other than bumpers and ball noise.

have the same issue

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

i would image this still doesnt work with the sam build… mine doesnt work either.

starcommand79
                                        Participant
                                          @starcommand79

i would image this still doesnt work with the sam build… mine doesnt work either.

Having the exact same problem. Any solutions?

Star Command

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

Do you use the Sam build like most people do?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?