Back to the Future Graphics Mod

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    delta6014
    Participant
      @delta6014

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=123879

I love Back to the Future, and I wanted to love this table, but I could never get into it because I thought the artwork was so bad. To me, the playfield looks like it was  drawn by a talented 5th grader. When Cyberpez released the VPX version, I thought I’d give it another try, and its really a fantastic table despite the artwork. Anyway, I set out to change the playfield graphics, some plastics and a few lights, and this is the result. All credit for this table goes to Cyberpez and his list of many contributors. Thanks to him for allowing mods of this table.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Seeing you mention that you’ve got approved to mod from Cyberpez. Thank you very much ! :good:

mwong168
        Participant
          @mwong168

All DE pins look like they were drawn by a 5 year old with crayons.  Great job on Back to the Future.

DaveyBoy
          Participant
            @foneservice

A Massive improvement, well done

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

I love the original cyberpez release. Looks great to me! And, I look forward to trying this one. Thanks!

Mike DA Spike
              Participant
                @mikedaspike

Isn’t the original table also be drawned , and not photo realistic ? It’s a long time ago when played the real one.

I will check when I got home this vp table. The screenshot looks very nice

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Since it is a mod. I don’t really care much for how the playfield looks since the original released table looks great and realistic to the real machine. What I mean by that is that admittedly Siggi mod of LOTR, one of my absolute favorite pins looks better than the real version because of lack of resources. So, I’m keeping a few version of LOTR and the Siggi release in the cab. Since Hauntfreaks made a fantasy db2s where the eye moves, it fits best with Siggi’ mod. Same goes for the bubbles in the backglass to TWD. Keep at least one copy as close to the real deal as possible is my preferred way of collecting these re-creations.

Saying that all the DE tables has art drawn by a 5 year old. Well, that is one hell of a talented 5 year old. I would like to see you @mwong168 drawing a playfield. Sure, DE has it’s own style, and I admit, many of them feel a bit cluttered to me too. But, I’m very happy to keep them this way as they look great compared to the real deal.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Mike DA Spike
                  Participant
                    @mikedaspike

Great Scott !  :yahoo:

Just downloaded it and put on my cab.I must say :”Man this is better than the original !”.

Good job !

I added it to my table next to the original one.

And forget my previous post. I didn’t noticed the “Mod” in the name.

dgrace
                    Participant
                      @dgrace

Will the pup pack still work with this mod? Just curious Thanks

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

The paks use the rom so yes it will still work

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robobet
                        Participant
                          @robobet

Very nice !

I like it, thanks

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

@pinfan45: I’m pretty sure it is on this site, somewhere. Have you searched for lotr here ? Hmm. Didn’t find it here either. Kind of surprised by that. I’ll let you know if I find it somewhere.

trochjochel
                            Participant
                              @trochjochel

thats much better with this playfield as the original i like it . Thanks for your hard work

sniiki
                              Participant
                                @sniiki

It’s a matter of personal taste I don’t want to criticize anyone’s efforts helping this community but as the author called original DE art “work of a 5th grader” I’m sorry I can’t take the high road here and I can’t help myself to say that I just love DE style and it makes their tables look really interesting. Takes some skills to come up with their art vs this mod which is more like 5th grader who learned copy paste in MS Paint. Maybe a little more humble attitude would be in place. But yeah, there are people who prefer Sharknado over Jaws.

Firebat138
                                Participant
                                  @firebat138

Hi guys, sorry late to the game here, this table looks amazing.  Been playing it for about a week, but the ramps look very pixelated, just on this game.  Im sure its a setting that I havent changed.  PC is very capable of handling everything so Im sure its just a setting somewhere.  Thanx all.

H2SO4JB
                                  Participant
                                    @h2so4jb

Thanks for a great table!
                                    Anyone know why I get these “points boxes” (unsure of correct name) over my playfield?
                                    How do I turn these off, or place them below the playfield? What setting am I missing?
                                    These “points boxes” are displayed correctly on the backglass.

2020-06-09 21.24.56

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Add this to your DmdDevice.ini
                                      [alphanumeric]
                                      enabled = False

More info  –  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

H2SO4JB
                                      Participant
                                        @h2so4jb

Thanks so much. Was it that simple?  :-)

nikolafeve
                                        Participant
                                          @nikolafeve

thank you for this!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?