This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  sniiki 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
     delta6014 
    Participant

I love Back to the Future, and I wanted to love this table, but I could never get into it because I thought the artwork was so bad. To me, the playfield looks like it was  drawn by a talented 5th grader. When Cyberpez released the VPX version, I thought I'd give it another try, and its really a fantastic table despite the artwork. Anyway, I set out to change the playfield graphics, some plastics and a few lights, and this is the result. All credit for this table goes to Cyberpez and his list of many contributors. Thanks to him for allowing mods of this table.

11 users thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Seeing you mention that you’ve got approved to mod from Cyberpez. Thank you very much ! :good:

mwong168 
    Participant

All DE pins look like they were drawn by a 5 year old with crayons.  Great job on Back to the Future.

DaveyBoy 
    Participant

A Massive improvement, well done

Ben Logan2 
    Participant

I love the original cyberpez release. Looks great to me! And, I look forward to trying this one. Thanks!

Mike da Spike 
    Participant

Isn’t the original table also be drawned , and not photo realistic ? It’s a long time ago when played the real one.

I will check when I got home this vp table. The screenshot looks very nice

Thalamus 

Since it is a mod. I don’t really care much for how the playfield looks since the original released table looks great and realistic to the real machine. What I mean by that is that admittedly Siggi mod of LOTR, one of my absolute favorite pins looks better than the real version because of lack of resources. So, I’m keeping a few version of LOTR and the Siggi release in the cab. Since Hauntfreaks made a fantasy db2s where the eye moves, it fits best with Siggi’ mod. Same goes for the bubbles in the backglass to TWD. Keep at least one copy as close to the real deal as possible is my preferred way of collecting these re-creations.

Saying that all the DE tables has art drawn by a 5 year old. Well, that is one hell of a talented 5 year old. I would like to see you @mwong168 drawing a playfield. Sure, DE has it’s own style, and I admit, many of them feel a bit cluttered to me too. But, I’m very happy to keep them this way as they look great compared to the real deal.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Mike da Spike 
    Participant

Great Scott !  :yahoo:

Just downloaded it and put on my cab.I must say :”Man this is better than the original !”.

Good job !

I added it to my table next to the original one.

And forget my previous post. I didn’t noticed the “Mod” in the name.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks Nice Job! Hmmm I think Guns N Roses artwork looks very professional. but everyone has their own opinion. Thalamus would you mind telling me please where you got HauntFreaks LOTR BG from. Thanks Miss that guy. wheres he been? havent seen a thing out of him.

dgrace 
    Participant

Will the pup pack still work with this mod? Just curious Thanks

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

The paks use the rom so yes it will still work

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

robobet 
    Participant

Very nice !

I like it, thanks

Thalamus 

@pinfan45: I’m pretty sure it is on this site, somewhere. Have you searched for lotr here ? Hmm. Didn’t find it here either. Kind of surprised by that. I’ll let you know if I find it somewhere.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     trochjochel 
    Participant

thats much better with this playfield as the original i like it . Thanks for your hard work

sniiki 
    Participant

It’s a matter of personal taste I don’t want to criticize anyone’s efforts helping this community but as the author called original DE art “work of a 5th grader” I’m sorry I can’t take the high road here and I can’t help myself to say that I just love DE style and it makes their tables look really interesting. Takes some skills to come up with their art vs this mod which is more like 5th grader who learned copy paste in MS Paint. Maybe a little more humble attitude would be in place. But yeah, there are people who prefer Sharknado over Jaws.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account