Back to the future pinup pack

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

Back to the future pinup pack 2.0

Whoa, this is heavy!  PUP pack for back to the future tables running ROM bttf-a27.  This is my first try at this, but here goes.  This includes files for backglass and topper.  I used the topper screen as a DMD, since this game doesn’t have one.

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Hi.  I gave it a try, everything seemed to work as advertised.  It was very late last night so really just wanted to ensure it loaded appropriately and it did.  I’ll try it some more later today and will provide further comments later.

The one initial comment I would provide is perhaps to recommend using a more 16:9 aspect ratio friendly background to your backglass as it looks very “squished”.   Really happy you chose this table for your release as it’s one that could provide you with many “scenes” considering the many movies to choose from and as the movies are personal favorites for so many of us.

question: I don’t have a topper so for all these PUP releases I tend to disable the topper in the releases themselves.  Do you recommend I use it and simply place it on the backglass allowing for the pop up feature?

Dr.Tom
        Participant
          @crile1
          MemberContributor

Yeah, I’m looking for a better image for the bg.  Want to get movie posters for all 3 films and have it cycle through them.   When I do, I’ll update it.  I recommend using the topper screen.  I set mine to be below the bg, like a dmd.  I have it set to give callouts and let you know what is lit.  No clips, just more like cue cards.  But I think it turned out ok.  Have you seen the surprise by getting multiball?  My personal favorite part.

sanctity
          Participant
            @sanctity253308

how do i get it to run tron works but this one doesnt copyed file to correct place and sertain table i should be using

Dr.Tom
            Participant
              @crile1
              MemberContributor

make sure you delete the existing bttf_a27 folder in Pup video folder.  Then copy the new bttf_a27 from the zip into that.  Then it should just work as long as you have your screens set up correctly.  These files only utilize the backglass and topper screens.  you can use any version of a vp back to the future table.  This runs off the B2s (unlike Tron that is scripted), so you have to have the B2s set up, even if using desktop.

coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

Nice job!  I changed some of the settings in screens.pup to be on vs Forceon so that my backglass would return after the video like so:

ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority
                0,Topper,StaticTopper,,0,on,
                1,DMD,,,0,on,
                2,Backglass,”Static Images”,,0,on,
                3,PlayField,,,0,off,
                4,Music,,,0,off,

My backglass was still mostly covered with videos.  I compared to Tron and I think the biggest difference is the number and length of the clips.  Shorter clips (1-2 sec) may be a better blend of added video to not take away too much form the normal gameplay.  The Tron clips seem to be fairly un-obtrusive.

Dr.Tom
                Participant
                  @crile1
                  MemberContributor

I’m not a fan of the original backglass (neither was Michael J Fox who refused to have his face on it).  So I don’ mind the media overload.  But I see your point. Hopefully today I will be uploading 2.0 version that will look a lot better with some help from some others.

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

I’m not a fan of the original backglass (neither was Michael J Fox who refused to have his face on it). So I don’ mind the media overload. But I see your point. Hopefully today I will be uploading 2.0 version that will look a lot better with some help from some others.

Tweaking a PuP-Pack’s restseconds and priority settings take a lot of testing, and will be ongoing I find. It’s going to be different for every table too.

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

I really like this! I did disable “force on”for the BG….that way you can monitor your scores between clips.
                      I especially like your choice of clip for the multiball…..I won’t spoil it for anyone but it is excellent and worth doing whatever is necessary to prolong the multiball event to see it all. Two thumbs up??

Very nice job overall…..I really am hooked on these PuP tables now and find myself gravitating to them first when I fire up the cabinet.

Matt Bini
                      Participant
                        @mattbini

Dr. Tom Thank you very much for this, it is great for the spectators. FYI, I had to change the resolution on the backglass still image to a 1600 x 900 in paint so that it was already resized, otherwise I found the ball would stutter every time the backglass was re-introduced, I can only think due to the computer working out the re-sizing every time. However it is important to know I am on a low end system and already have to reduce the res on all the pinup vids on all tables so this is unlikely to effect many people. Great! thanks very much again :good:

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

It is definitely a good idea to make sure all your Backglass videos are the same resolution in a PuP-Pack…VLC will work better that way.  Same if you use still images…though I don’t use images…only videos.

Dr.Tom
                          Participant
                            @crile1
                            MemberContributor

2.0 version just uploaded.  It has the awesome framed backglass like on Batman and AFM.  Also the topper images now have awesome BTTF font!  I take no credit for these awesome upgrades.  They are totally the work of Nailbuster and MisterKai.  Super big thank you to both of you guys for your help making this table so much better.  It’s like adding a Mr. Plutonium to the Delorean. :good:

3 users thanked author for this post.
                            Dr.Tom
                            Participant
                              @crile1
                              MemberContributor

If you are unable to see the scores, then right click on the B2S backglass (not the pup backglass).  Turn dmd to visible.  This will turn your unused DMD (because BTTF is a non dmd game) into a scoreboard and will display the numerical scores and graphics.   Fyi this works for most solid state games running a b2s backglass.

Johngreve
                              Participant
                                @johngreve

Really enjoying your updated pack.
                                I think the bordered backglass is going to become the PuP standard if not so already. Really gives everything a nice polished look.
                                I just love these PuP tables…..the videos really enhance the play experience. What a monumental leap forward in the VP experience.
                                Thanks again to the whole team that brought this to life. Just awesome!!

Dr.Tom
                                Participant
                                  @crile1
                                  MemberContributor

All credit for the bordered backglass goes to Nailbuster and MisterKai.  It does make it look polished and professional.

Axilla
                                  Participant
                                    @subdisturb

I’ve had an issue with this PUP set.  I assumed it was some sort of fatal issue with my system config until I discovered today that if I start a table that is PUP-enabled first, then this works perfectly fine.  I originally was only testing it from the VP editor upon firing up the machine, so it would always have issues.  The backglass screen is essentially all black.  If I click on that screen, it ends up crashing PUP.  However, if I launch a table like the PUP-enabled Tron first, this works.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this so I don’t have to find and launch another PUP-enabled table first?  Any help/ideas are much appreciated.  Thanks!

Cognis
                                    Participant
                                      @cognis

I’m using cyberpez’s awesome BTTF table with the bttf_a27 rom and a 3scr B2S backglass so I can see the Twin Jackpots bonuses on my 4th screen.  I don’t have the DMD showing because if I do  then I get the raw scoring displayed there and it’s unnecessary as it’s in the backglass.  I just installed the new PinUp (Player and PopUp Menu).  Stranger Things and Tron works perfectly but BTTF will not show any PinUp media.  I verified by using Alt-Tab throughout my game play and nothing is even being triggered to display.  I have BTTF PinUp Pack 2.0.  This is the first time I’ve tried to get BTTF working within PinUp so I’m puzzled what to look at next to resolve this.

Dr.Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @crile1
                                        MemberContributor

Not sure.  Haven’t looked into the new pinup installer.  PM Terryred.  He’s a great guy and can help.

scutters
                                        Participant
                                          @scutters

Great stuff, thanks!

Can pinup player run on DMD? (eg for games like this where DMD is unused rather than a backglass pup pack could it be set to run on DMD?)

Thanks again

NailBuster
                                            @nailbuster
                                            ModeratorMember

Great stuff, thanks!

Can pinup player run on DMD? (eg for games like this where DMD is unused rather than a backglass pup pack could it be set to run on DMD?)

Thanks again

it can be BUT unless your dmd screen is the same aspect ratio of your BG then it won’t look right because it will be totally squished….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?