Back to the future pinup pack

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    scutters
    Participant
      @scutters

Yeah, makes sense that the aspect ratio would be wrong. I might give it a go anyway, if nothing else i’ll learn something about pinup!.. For this pack would it just be a case of opening pinup editor and then changing the screen numbers from 2 to 1?

Thanks.

scutters
      Participant
        @scutters

Changing screen number from 2 to 1 worked… then just hid backglass in pinup editor and set dmd to static images backglass.mp4 and it works great with original backglass for score etc.

Works great!.. only slightly squished!

Scooby
        Participant
          @scooby

I’m using cyberpez’s awesome BTTF table with the bttf_a27 rom and a 3scr B2S backglass so I can see the Twin Jackpots bonuses on my 4th screen. I don’t have the DMD showing because if I do then I get the raw scoring displayed there and it’s unnecessary as it’s in the backglass. I just installed the new PinUp (Player and PopUp Menu). Stranger Things and Tron works perfectly but BTTF will not show any PinUp media. I verified by using Alt-Tab throughout my game play and nothing is even being triggered to display. I have BTTF PinUp Pack 2.0. This is the first time I’ve tried to get BTTF working within PinUp so I’m puzzled what to look at next to resolve this.

I have the same issue with this pup pack. So far I have the T2 and Medieval Madness pup packs working great. I moved the files and configured the pup packs the same, but for some reason I don’t get any media playing with the BTTF pup pack.

Any ideas what I can try? I’m running v2.0 of this pup pack and attached is what my BG looks like while I play the table. The media never changes from this.

Thanks.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Does the “dash” video ever change or show any numbers at all?

You can try the PinupPlayerTestPack.exe, and INIT the bttf_a27 Pack.

Then try the different triggers used in the PuP-Pack to see if videos play. If they do play fine here but they dont play at all with the table…then the table version that may be an issue. (I’ve see some tables not init B2s correctly).

If the videos just play “badly”, then maybe this packs videos don’t play nice on your system for some reason. You arent the first to have issues with this specific pack.

It always worked fine for me though.

exodus_cl
            Participant
              @exodus123456

not working for me either, it displays nothing, just a black screen and if I click on Backglass, pup crashes.

It only worked once and I had the same issue, the clocks never changed, just a static image :unsure:

TerryRed
                @terryred

Not sure what else to say if other packs are working and this one isn’t…even with that tester?

Double check you have the 32 bit 2.2.8 version of VLC installed.

Scooby
                Participant
                  @scooby

I just tried the PUP Test Pack with bttf_a27 and the PUP pack  backglass loads and I get some blinking lights from the time circuits video, but nothing else. I’d like to test other videos for this pack, but what do I input for Event ID or Event Value? I tried W29=1 and W17=1, but nothing happened after I clicked Send Event.

I run cyberpez’s v1.1 of this table (not sure where I downloaded this version), but then I downloaded his 1.0 version from this site and I get the same results.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

I just tried the PUP Test Pack with bttf_a27 and the PUP pack backglass loads and I get some blinking lights from the time circuits video, but nothing else. I’d like to test other videos for this pack, but what do I input for Event ID or Event Value? I tried W29=1 and W17=1, but nothing happened after I clicked Send Event.

I run cyberpez’s v1.1 of this table (not sure where I downloaded this version), but then I downloaded his 1.0 version from this site and I get the same results.

Normally you would just use whatever trigger it is…so W29 or W17 for Event ID, and then leave the Event value as 1. Then click send event, and that should trigger whatever video is associated with that.

Scooby
                    Participant
                      @scooby

I tested the Tron, T2 and BTTF PUP packs with the PUP Test Pack. When I change the Event ID for Tron or T2, the videos change and play great. However I can’t get any videos to change with the BTTF pack.

Maybe it’s how this pack is set up with events having W or several IDs within different events. For example, the first several events have triggers such as W33=1,L41 or W33=1,L42. The strange thing is I tried events such as W41 or L50 with the same result. The video on the BG never changes.

I hope this pup pack can be updated or helped in some way as the videos look great from inside the folder and I love this table.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

I tested the Tron, T2 and BTTF PUP packs with the PUP Test Pack. When I change the Event ID for Tron or T2, the videos change and play great. However I can’t get any videos to change with the BTTF pack.

Maybe it’s how this pack is set up with events having W or several IDs within different events. For example, the first several events have triggers such as W33=1,L41 or W33=1,L42. The strange thing is I tried events such as W41 or L50 with the same result. The video on the BG never changes.

I hope this pup pack can be updated or helped in some way as the videos look great from inside the folder and I love this table.

I’m not sure what else to say… I’ve tried it here and it works fine. With the Tester, and with a table.

Scooby
                        Participant
                          @scooby

Thanks Terry, I’ll go back to the standard b2s on this table for now.

Dr.Tom
                          Participant
                            @crile1
                            MemberContributor

Just saw all these posts with issues.  I’m with Terry on this one.  I’ve updated PUP and am running all the latest tables and my BTTF table still runs just fine with the PUP vids.

calium
                            Participant
                              @calium

.delete

cyberpez
                              Participant
                                @cyberpez

Do you guys know what version of the table you are using?  I know the file size on the original was huge and HF shrunk it down a bunch and it helped with performance issues.  Might be part of it?   I had posted an update in the support thead but I think the file is long gone.  I’ve been sitting on an official update for a bit.  Just need to find time to give it a few plays then send it off into the wild.

Scooby
                                Participant
                                  @scooby

Version 2.0 of this pup pack is now working for me. Thanks for the work and the update!

Has anyone figured a way to see the game scores while running this pup pack? Since it replaces the BG and it’s not a DMD table, how can I see the scores?

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

I’m going to assume you’re running a 2 screen cabinet

You could always try this version of freezy (1.73) Adjust the size of the back glass pubpack and put the DMD at the bottom

Using the new feature

[alphanumeric]
                                    enabled = true

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

Scooby
                                    Participant
                                      @scooby

Thanks outhere. I’m running a 3 screen setup, but the “Twin Jackpots” image is on my DMD screen instead of the score. If I can get rid of this, then the score will show on my DMD screen. However, is there a way to see the score and have the “Twin Jackpots” screen visible from the db2s?

Attached is what my cab looks like in the front end (can still see the BG with score) and then how it looks when the table is launched (and running the PUP pack).

BTTF-score-and-PUP-pack

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Yes

Try this
                                        you can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game
                                        Then in that res file make changes for that table..
                                        In the res file reduce the back glass resolution way down and for the 3rd screen reduce the size of the Twin Jackpots

Sense you are running puppacks you must have freezy set up
                                        When the game is running hit F1 turn on external DMD
                                        Add this to the bottom of your DmdDevice.ini and Adjust as needed

[Rom Name]
                                        virtualdmd left = 2500
                                        virtualdmd top = 800
                                        virtualdmd width = 1024
                                        virtualdmd height = 256

The Twin Jackpots and score should both fit in the 3rd screen

Maiguelon
                                        Participant
                                          @maiguel0n

Para los que tenemos dos pantallas, he descubierto de casualidad (soy muy nuevo en este mundo pinball, la verdad) que en los archivos que se comparten en la mesa taxi, hay uno concretamente, el archivo screens.pup que lo sustituyes por el que viene aquí en back to the future, te ayuda a ver la pantalla de puntuación y a su vez la secuencia de la película que toque.
                                          El de la mesa Taxi, screens.pup, sustituir a la mesa Bttf.

Está genial !!

(igual hay otra solución más técnica, perdonar, soy muy muy nuevo. Sólo pretendo ayudar. )

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/taxi-puppack-bgtopper/#bbpress

richiep1
                                          Participant
                                            @richiep1

They look a d work great, enabled the external dmd so I could see the score (I have a 3 screen cab).  Only issue is the the sounds embedded in the rom overpower the sound on the pup media, is there a way to raise the pup media volume?  I tried to find a way to lower the rom volume, but from what ive read, this game originally had a physical volume ctl in the cab, I cant figure out how to lower the rom volume….can anyone help??

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?