Back to the hobby with a new build!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Redbeard30
    Participant
      @redbeard30

Way back about 7 years ago, I had built a “mini” cab with 24″ pf and 21″ backglass…it was great and served as a proof of concept that I could do it! Plan was too eventually build a full size…

Well, I got married had kids,etc,etc….we all know what happens to our hobbies..LOL…kids are older, things are more stable..and I recently went to a pinball show…really sparked my interest again! So I decided it’s time…took exactly a week to get this far…all it needs is paint and a few “trim” pieces…

Features a 40″ led pf, 21″ bg, and a 17″ lcd for dmd.

Ryzen 3 1200 CPU

500gb hd

Gtx 970 gpu

8gb ram

Pinscape board for nudging (awesome)

All vpx tables run perfectly 60fps with vsync or 150-250fps without vsync. This also includes haveing 4x AA enabled. I love how good the vpx tables are!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I like how you have the dmd proper size for your cab. Looks good :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Redbeard30
        Participant
          @redbeard30

Thanks! I cut the opening about a 1/4″ larger in both directions than what the stern ones are/were. The actual cab is taken from Williams widebody plans, then modified a bit for my tv, and future tv if mine breaks. I wanted this cab to be pretty close to a real one. The lock down bar is wood..but I was trying to keep costs down and repurpose whatever I had at home. Turned out good. Just added some random build pics.

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

I like how you have the dmd proper size for your cab. Looks good :good:

I couldn’t agree more, nice to see its not one of those oversized speaker grills with all the wasted space
            cab looks great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?