backglass db2s slow your system?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    uturnweb
    Participant
      @uturnweb

Hey guys! Anyone else experience massive skipped frames when using an animated directb2s backglass? When I remove them from my tables directory I get huge improvements. Anyone have a solve for this? No sweat if not, but I do love an animated bg :)

Grant

PC: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM, 64Bit, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage) 
      Cabinet: Firepower 2 cab, 38" Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF, 32" Samsung monitor BG, ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit, PinDMD v3 DMD display

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

What’s your specs? B2s should not normally effect anything to much but some backglasses are hogs.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

uturnweb
        Participant
          @uturnweb

It seems to be on the majority of the tables. Worse when there are lots of flashing lights like AcDC / MM  / TOMMY etc..

My Specs:

PC:

Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM | 64Bit
          GTX 970 4GB graphics card
          SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage)

Cabinet:
          Firepower 2 cab
          38″ Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF
          32″ Samsung monitor BG
          ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit
          PinDMD v3 DMD display

PC: Intel Core i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz, 12GB RAM, 64Bit, GTX 970 4GB graphics card, SSD (OS and pinball), HDD (music storage) 
          Cabinet: Firepower 2 cab, 38" Vizio TV D-Series (2018) PF, 32" Samsung monitor BG, ZebsBoards Digital Output / plunger kit, PinDMD v3 DMD display

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Your computer should not have those kind of problems. Your CPU is better than what I have in my pin and the GPU is better than what I used to have. Never had issues with db2s like you describe. You don’ẗ have antivirus/defender running ?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Can you provide a screenshot of your visual pinball video preferences? I bet you have something in there not setup correctly…vsync, exclusive full screen, AO… a screenshot would sure make it easier

for IOS and Android

Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

What was that magic b2s setting – run as exe mode? (right click on the backglass)

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

What was that magic b2s setting – run as exe mode? (right click on the backglass)

yes I think your right…but some people say say smoother without “exe” mode so maybe try whatever setting b2s is. It set to. Good catch Daryl

for IOS and Android

uturnweb
                  Participant
                    @uturnweb

Thanks guys. I’ll try with AV and WDefender off. The b2s is the same with/without run as exe.

Screenshot to follow.

uturnweb
                    Participant
                      @uturnweb

Here is my vpx video settings modal

uturnweb
                      Participant
                        @uturnweb

And here is my VP9.93

Attachments:
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

You should have FPS and pre rendered both at 1 typically and I bet if you switch to exclusive full screen you will be good.  You could also try unchecking ambient occlusion as well but exclusive full screen is probably the issue for vpx. For vp9 FPS/pre render set both to 1

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

uturnweb
                          Participant
                            @uturnweb

When I set exclusive full screen it crashes the table. ( loads and then closes)

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Try this…

http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/turning-onoff-at91jit/

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Fullscreen – you have to change ddraw to 0 in registry. Easiest way. Open regedit – export – search replace – save – double click – accept.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Thalamus is correct! Forgot about direct draw. You can use setdmd or the new vp tools I think even to set them all correctly for exclusive full screen.

for IOS and Android

uturnweb
                                  Participant
                                    @uturnweb

Cool there’s a VP tool that can edit registry for me?

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

https://www.pinballbulbs.com/files/setdmd.html

or…

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/setdmd-alternative/

for IOS and Android

uturnweb
                                      Participant
                                        @uturnweb

Thanks guys! DDRAW disable really helps :) and I do’nt have to disable Ambient Occ. !

Does this only apply to VPX tables? Or are 8 & 9 affected by it too?

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

My advice. Don’t worry about the old stuff. It is as hopeless as believing FP one day will play well. B-)

Gilrock
                                          Participant
                                            @gilrock

I’m curious how you know you have skipped frames.  Is there somewhere that is logged or are you just visually noticing it?  Reason I ask is I’ve had this annoying backglass flashing issue for years.  It only happens in Visual Pinball (9 or X) and its been happening with 2 different computers.  I just bought all new PC stuff so I know it’s not the hardware.  If I play FP the backglass is rock solid. If I run Stranger Things which is a VPX table the backglass is perfect but it’s not using a B2S backglass so I really believe it’s a B2S problem I’ve never been able to solve.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?