This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Westworld 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
     Aahzz 
    Participant

i know it has to be something I’m overlooking but I can’t seem to figure it out.  I replace my 24 inch backglass monitor with a new 28″ one today. Ran my b2s editor changed everything to the right resolution but now every backglass comes up with the width correct but I have a 2″ blank area on the bottom of the monitor. Anyone have any idea what I overlooked?

Daryl 
    Participant

It shouldnt matter but how about taking a look at the values in the <vp>/tables/screenres.txt file to confirm what you think you have stored from the b2s editor.

The 3&4 number are the res and 6 &7 are the placement

Phil Docker 
    Participant

If you are running pinball x you need to enter the new dimensions into the settings page.

Do you have more than one ‘tables’ folder – if you do you need to change all the b2s settings in all folders.

Aahzz 
    Participant

I get the same in pinballx or just launching a table with vpx. Screenres.txt is correct and I only have 1 table folder. It even shrinks the pinballx backglass the same way.

Aahzz 
    Participant

Well I guess I just had to put a lower res in and start a table then change it back. It works now..  go figure.

Thanks for the help!

Phil Docker 
    Participant

Is your monitor doing an auto-adjust where it tries to pull the resolution to full screen????

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I think pbx will overwrite screenres.txt if auto position is checked as option in pbx. I’m sure that’s the issue. Fix screenres.txt then change in settings of pbx or make screenres.txt read only after you fixed it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Westworld 
    Participant

In case screenres.txt is overwritten, one option is to set it to read only, the other: Run PinballX setup, turn off “Auto Position DirectB2S” in Display Settings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account