Backglass won’t close on table exit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kibashira
    Participant
      @kibashira

It seems that for just one of my tables, the backglass doesn’t close consistently when exiting the table. All other tables appear fine. I’ve read up as much as I can and a suggested fix seems to be to the following to the end of the script (which I’ve done after confirming it is identified as Table1) but this isn’t working:

Sub Table1_exit()
      Controller.Pause = False
      Controller.Stop
      End Sub

Backglass starting in EXE mode (as are the others).

Are there any other fixes I can try for this issue?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Not really. You already mentioned the critical part, making sure that the sub is correctly named. It will always have to be named the “same” as the xxxx_init sub. Most often, named table1, but not always. If that isn’t 100% correct, then the exit sub won’t be called.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Thalamus.
        Kibashira
        Participant
          @kibashira

Ok. That’s weird then. Have confirmed 100% that table is named “Table1” and script matches. I presume it doesn’t need to be in quotes in the script?

Does it matter where in the script the exit code is called? Currently, it’s the very last thing at the bottom of the script.

Kibashira
          Participant
            @kibashira

Also I should have mentioned that this only happens when exiting the table in PinUp Popper. When exiting straight from VPX it seems to behave fine. I have previously had issues with losing focus on some tables with Ultra DMD for which @nailbuster and @outhere kindly assisted with a custom exe to force Exclusive mode. I wonder whether there is something else going on with Popper that is preventing this closure message to the backglass?

This is my current CLOSE script. Anything I should modify here or add to this?

Close

“[STARTDIR]LAUNCH\PUPCLOSER.EXE” WINTIT “Visual Pinball” 15 1
            taskkill /f /im “ultradmd.exe”

Is adding taskkill /f /im “B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe” a wise move for example? Any way to have this as a custom CLOSE script for just the one table causing issues?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Kibashira.
            NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

make sure your exit emulator key in popper is NOT the same as exit in vpx.  (don’t use ESC key to exit emulator in popper for example).

Kibashira
              Participant
                @kibashira

Thanks. I have Q to exit VPX and X to exit Popper. So that’s also fine.

I added this to the Popper CLOSE script and this seems to have cured it:

taskkill /f /im “B2SBackglassServerEXE.exe”

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Not surprised that pointing a gun to the forehead of that process and pulling the trigger works. But, hey, if that is what is needed. :unsure:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?