Bad Cats (Williams 1989) VPin Workshop

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Pytzamarama
    Participant
      @pytzamarama

Thank you very much!

One question: How can I rorate and move the scoreboard?

I have just one display and the scoreboard is taking much of me left table space

thank you again

senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

What a beauty!

marie
        Participant
          @marie

Looks and plays splendid. Thanks all involved!

3rdaxis
          Participant
            @3rdaxis
            MemberContributor

Great work guys. Plays and looks like a dream. Top shelf table.

Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

Thanks for the update! Does anyone else find this table to be extremely hard to get a good score on?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

jogrady7
              Participant
                @jogrady7

Seafood….. Yeah!
                Loved this game in the wild, loved the original VPX version.  This version looks like a real beauty, unfortunately for me, seems to have a lag response on the flippers, I didn’t see in the original VPX version.  I feel stupid for asking, but how can I fix that?  Thanks all

Rockme
                Participant
                  @rockme

Wow! This is beautiful! You really raise the bar now for upcoming tables!! Thanks a lot! :yahoo:

BazzaLB
                  Participant
                    @bazzalb

Really appreciate these releases that include VR option. A trend I hope continues. Great release. Thanks!

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Thanks for the great work guys!  Your contributions are truly appreciated.

Gave it a few games and absolutely love it!  Physics feel great!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

timblo
                      Participant
                        @timblo

Hello a great table

however, I have different-sounding pinball finger up noises as if they are from two different tables.
                        But is there only one noise in the sound manager? strange

Manolo / ICE
                        Participant
                          @kamerik

Thanks for the table, it looks really great ! Ball rolling sound a bit too loud, but im glad it’s there.

But set the sound to 1000 or 2000 works fine ;)

Thanks team

crashb4
                          Participant
                            @crashb4

Thank you to the entire list of those who have developed this table over the years. We appreciate your efforts and willingness to share.

JediWizard
                            Participant
                              @jediwizard

This looks and plays great. Thanks to all those involved! :good: :good: :good:

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

iaakki
                              Participant
                                @iaakki

Thanks for the great work guys! Your contributions are truly appreciated.

Gave it a few games and absolutely love it! Physics feel great!

I did some additional tweaks on top of your flips code. I added a compensation for script latency for live catch check and a feature that makes live catch more dynamic. Meaning that the live catch can give you slight bounce when not exact. I left it as a debug print too, so you can check how exact your live catch was.

Experimenting with this kind of physics is great as it makes playability closer to real pinballs. Some people say these flips feels slow when comparing to plain fastflips. I think it just makes input lag more noticeable, as flips have inertia now. Or could there be some other script latency thing that could be compensated?

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw
                                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

Thanks for the great work guys! Your contributions are truly appreciated.

Gave it a few games and absolutely love it! Physics feel great!

I did some additional tweaks on top of your flips code. I added a compensation for script latency for live catch check and a feature that makes live catch more dynamic. Meaning that the live catch can give you slight bounce when not exact. I left it as a debug print too, so you can check how exact your live catch was.

Experimenting with this kind of physics is great as it makes playability closer to real pinballs. Some people say these flips feels slow when comparing to plain fastflips. I think it just makes input lag more noticeable, as flips have inertia now. Or could there be some other script latency thing that could be compensated?

It’s awesome you’re playing around and working to improve what’s there!  Keep it up.

I don’t think there is any additional script lag.  High coil ramp up does slow the acceleration of the flipper some. Compared to a fast flip without coil ramp up, it will feel slower. But in my opinion, it is more like real pinball with the higher coil ramp up.

I think the way you have it now is very much like real pinball. I’ve been able to easily translate my flipper skills from VPX with these settings to real pinball. For me, that’s the true test!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bryhud
                                  Participant
                                    @bryhud

Can anyone share their POV settings for this?

Thanks

ragano
                                    Participant
                                      @ragano

hi, there no pov for this version…how can i fit the 100% screen on side? it seems  that needs a pov file

Peter222
                                      Participant
                                        @swietlikowa

Can anyone share their POV settings for this?

Thanks

<fullscreen>
                                        <inclination>2.800005</inclination>
                                        <fov>21.999985</fov>
                                        <layback>81.199753</layback>
                                        <rotation>270.000000</rotation>
                                        <xscale>0.828002</xscale>
                                        <yscale>1.034001</yscale>
                                        <zscale>1.000000</zscale>
                                        <xoffset>76.000031</xoffset>
                                        <yoffset>0.000000</yoffset>
                                        <zoffset>-500.000000</zoffset>
                                        </fullscreen>

iaakki
                                        Participant
                                          @iaakki

Note also that there is the CabinetMode option that makes it easier to fit the table for desired POV. When you set CabinetMode to 1, the side rails are removed and side blade height is doubled to hide black background visibility on sides. Of course if 2x sideblades is not enough for you, you can test even higher values in table options sub.

On some vpin cabinets one might want the table to be more narrow on top, so that it looks proper from your view angle. Round objects may appear stretched from top, but totally round from players perspective. IMO POV setting for cabinet depends a lot from the angle of your PF monitor and yet again it is a personal preference. I’d say it is best for you to experiment with it and occasionally test real cabinets to understand what you are supposed to see.

ragano
                                          Participant
                                            @ragano

The table is very nice, but i get this error after some minutes playing. Where is the problem?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?