Bad Cats (Williams 1989) VPin Workshop

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    jogrady7
    Participant
      @jogrady7

The flipper lag I’m experiencing makes this version unplayable.  Going back to version 1

Peter222
      Participant
        @swietlikowa

Of course, my POV works in cabinet mode.

iaakki
        Participant
          @iaakki

The table is very nice, but i get this error after some minutes playing. Where is the problem?

Good finding! This is from legacy code side that we have broken accidentally. I’m already preparing a fix version that has this problem solved. We haven’t been able to reproduce this in our various systems, but replacing this sub at line 1429 should fix it:

Sub SolGION(enabled)
              FlippersEnabled = Enabled
              If enabled then
                  GIActive=1:SolGI 1
              else
                  GIActive=0:SolGI 0
                  if leftflipper.startangle > leftflipper.endangle Then
                      if leftflipper.currentangle < leftflipper.startangle then leftflipper.rotatetostart : end if
                  elseif leftflipper.startangle < leftflipper.endangle Then
                      if leftflipper.currentangle > leftflipper.startangle then leftflipper.rotatetostart : end If
                  end If
                  if rightflipper.startangle > rightflipper.endangle Then
                      if rightflipper.currentangle < rightflipper.startangle then rightflipper.rotatetostart : end if
                  elseif rightflipper.startangle < rightflipper.endangle Then
                      if rightflipper.currentangle > rightflipper.startangle then rightflipper.rotatetostart : end If
                  end If
              end if
           End Sub

1 user thanked author for this post.
          iaakki
          Participant
            @iaakki

The flipper lag I’m experiencing makes this version unplayable. Going back to version 1

Hi, You could try experimenting with the flipper physics parameters. NFozzy flips brings some slowness as they make flippers to work in similar manner as in real cabinets. The script alters some parameters on fly too. I tested these values on another table we are modifying, and they felt a bit faster. Tap passes and Live catch worked pretty well, so they are not that far off althoug being totally different. We probably bring this as a script option:

flipper_physics_javier

Haohmaru
            Participant
              @lacsusz

Hi, Sorry for the following dummy question. First of all, this table is a pure beauty, a work of Art! Congratulations and thanks for your time and efforts! The difficulty I am having is that I can’t properly “aim” with the flippers, the ball is going rather left or right versus the direction I want it to go to. I don’t have any “lag” as mentioned here, yet, this is the only table where I experience this problem, e.g. version 1.0 of Bad Cats works fine as well. What am I doing wrong?

iaakki
              Participant
                @iaakki

Hi, Sorry for the following dummy question. First of all, this table is a pure beauty, a work of Art! Congratulations and thanks for your time and efforts! The difficulty I am having is that I can’t properly “aim” with the flippers, the ball is going rather left or right versus the direction I want it to go to. I don’t have any “lag” as mentioned here, yet, this is the only table where I experience this problem, e.g. version 1.0 of Bad Cats works fine as well. What am I doing wrong?

This version of Bad Cats uses nFozzy physics, that makes flips to work more like in real cabinet. There is a coil ramp up, which makes it possible to shoot with less power too. Shooting is different than in table using FastFlips, that is in use in most of the tables. It may take time to adapt to these flips; similar way that it takes time to adapt to shoot in real cabinet. And each real cabinet has different feeling too, so one needs to play few rounds, before being able to shoot consistently to wanted targets when swapping cabinets in Arcade place. :)

dielated
                Participant
                  @dielated

Such a great game to play and look at *.* cant wait to show this table off!

vpinballer123
                  Participant
                    @vpinballer123

hi everyone,

table plays super, but I get a black playfield :(

I also get the black playfield using x-men, walking dead and some other tables.

Using the setting with F5, everything seems fine and visible, but after starting the games the playfield disappears.

I also tried to fix the image and even replace it. Still black.

Could anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

Thanks for your support and all these fantastic tables.

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

hi everyone,

table plays super, but I get a black playfield :(

I also get the black playfield using x-men, walking dead and some other tables.

Using the setting with F5, everything seems fine and visible, but after starting the games the playfield disappears.

I also tried to fix the image and even replace it. Still black.

Could anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

Thanks for your support and all these fantastic tables.

What version of vpx do you have?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

FekeFez
                      Participant
                        @fekefez

Thanks for this awesome table! Actually the first time I play this ever, and even my two cats like it haha!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?