Bad Cats Williams 1989 vpx Graphics Remaster

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brad1X
    Participant
      @brad1x

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bad-cats-williams-1989-vpx-graphics-remaster/

I have updated the table to 1.2.1a of Unclewilly’s table – sorry did not know there was a newer version when I set this up originally.

There are 2 versions of the file, 1.2.1.GRHR which is 300 DPI and 1.2.1.GRLR which is 150 DPI. Try the LR version if you have memory issues.

This is Unclewilly’s awesome Bad Cats table – with a new graphics overhaul.

Thanks to the creators of this table Unclewilly, Clark Kent and Dark!

I have completely redrawn every graphic element as vector art and used that to create new high resolution PNG files for all of the table art (playfield, plastics etc.)

I also adjusted some of the lighting.

I don’t think there are any other Bad Cats tables out there but this one from Unclewilly, but please feel free to use the PNG files embedded or contact me if you want some PNGs set up to match what you are working on. All I ask is if you use my graphics you give me credit.

Lastly I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes by releasing this mod, I have learned and gotten a lot from this community and am happy to finally have something to contribute.

Ok one more note, my wife and I love this machine and Unclewilly definitely did it justice.

Total of 40 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Thanks for sharing! Only the vpx editor closes when trying to load the table. Not sure why.

Brad1X
        Participant
          @brad1x

Hmm, not sure why that would happen – are you getting any script errors etc? It runs smooth on my setup. I don’t really know a lot about editing VPX files, other than graphics files and a bit of lighting info. Perhaps someone can help us figure this out in this support dialogue.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          robertms
          Participant
            @mophead

This is very well done @brad1x, must have taken an ungodly amount of time to remaster. I recommend everyone fires up the original version before trying this one, the difference in graphics is night and day. Uncle Willy made a fantastic Bad Cats to begin with, but it’s been 4 years since the release (can you believe it?) so the refresh is very much appreciated. Many thanks again to Uncle Willy for the original creation and Brad1X for spending the time remastering the graphics :good:

Oldschool4
            Participant
              @oldschool4

What a difference, Awesome,thanks for sharing,Cheers. :good:

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Thanks Man and also again to UW :good:

Major Frenchy
                Participant
                  @steph

Thank you very much!

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

I fixed it. I primarly run VPVR and I needed to reduce the max texture size to prevent the editor to crash.

Looks great, thanks for the detailed update :)!

reggert
                    Participant
                      @reggert32

If i try to load the table in the latest best for vpx 10.7, it crashes visual pinball. In the final vpx 10.6 the table loads, but when i try to play it, i get an error: out of memory. I have 16gb of memory and there is about 8.5gb available. I would think that is enough. Never happened with any other table before. I don’t know why it happens.

reggert
                      Participant
                        @reggert32

Your other remaster for the Attack from Mars table doesn’t have this problem and works perfectly. The tables look great btw and i hope i can run Bad Cats as well. Keep up the good work :)

Zedixair
                        Participant
                          @zedixair

Fantastic work done on a great table, now even better ! Thank you !

marie
                          Participant
                            @marie

Nice work. Looks fantastic! And… got back to this table again. It is quite fun but it got out of sight somehow. Just rediscovered it!

mascagne
                            Participant
                              @mascagne

thanks, she’is in my top 3.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

Wow. Still haven’t fired this up. But, reading what you’ve done is making me excited. Thank you very much ! :heart:

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

.. indeed, you using large Files – they are Diamonds, and i got no Stutters … excellent View :)

IMG_20200620_182602

Brad1X
                                  Participant
                                    @brad1x

Hey Stat, yeah there are some pretty hefty image files (especially the playfields) I’m a graphic designer and when it comes to image files if I can leave them as large as possible I do. I figured with these remasters I would drop the graphics in these tables and other creators could pick them up to use them in their tables – so I figured the bigger the master file the better.  The only thing I know how to do is update the graphics, and there are already people out there creating great playing tables, figured I would contribute where I could.

The reason I chose these specific versions of the tables is that these are the ones that my Wife and I like the best, but I am hoping that people use these graphics in other versions as well.

CrispyDuck
                                    Participant
                                      @crispyduck

Have to say thank you very much for this version.

It’s not a game I’ve played a lot before (in VPX) – if the graphics are poor I won’t really play it, no matter how much I like the game. Downloaded this version tonight and have played for a couple of hours straight. Your work is superb; the graphics are amazing and it plays really well. I will definately be playing this more than I did before

TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

Looks beautiful and plays great!

stampedem
                                        Participant
                                          @stampedem

Hi. Is it possible to get a lite version of this table?  On my PC, I get a crash, and I know it’s because the image sizes are so large as you have explained.  And I understand that you want the images available for future use, which is awesome.  But at the same time, many of use won’t be able to enjoy it.  Is there a way to provide an image optimized table that you can provide concurrently with this one? Thank you very much!

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Stampdem: it’s a fair question however remember that you can simply go into the vp editor, export the large images, resize and then reimport.  Give it a try, just save it as something else you can do zero damage

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?