This topic contains 43 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Anokata3545 1 week, 4 days ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
     DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

It seems to work!   Check it out.   Replace the script with this one.

https://pastebin.com/jbSfZj3k

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Thanks @djrobx  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Not sure I understand what you just did. So, if I compare this script with the original and look at Whirlwind ??

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Wondering. Am I the only one that sees the lights like floating above the playfield ? I jumped back to 10.5 and found that it looked ok, but all the revisions I tried for 10.6 beta showed me this odd behaviour. Sorry about the bad pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZyA6U12ArUxSqr7C7

themotherbrain 
    Participant

Wondering. Am I the only one that sees the lights like floating above the playfield ? I jumped back to 10.5 and found that it looked ok, but all the revisions I tried for 10.6 beta showed me this odd behaviour. Sorry about the bad pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZyA6U12ArUxSqr7C7

I just came on to post the same issue. The lights aren’t aligned with the tables. I’m using the latest vpx build. thanks for the effort and new table regardless!  :good:

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Not sure I understand what you just did. So, if I compare this script with the original and look at Whirlwind ??

Whirlwind’s overlay support is built into VPinmame, so the extra solenoids appear like normal solenoids there.   But I looked at the VPM source to see how Whirlwind was implemented.  Sound commands are simple 1-byte commands (0-255).    There’s some code for the Whirlwind case that checks if bits 6, 7, and 8 are all 0 (cmd AND &HE0 is equal 0), if yes then treat the command as a special function to trigger a solenoid.

Game show has a different board, but they’re both called “sound overlays” so I guessed that they probably work very similarly.   But VPM doesn’t have support for this case so how do we receive the signal into our table?   Luckily VPM is set up to snoop on raw sound commands.   It was used for LOTR and Sorpanos to fake the ROM audio for example.   So I added a little code to the lamp handler:

NewSounds = Controller.NewSoundCommands
    If Not IsEmpty(NewSounds) Then
    For ii = 0 To UBound(NewSounds)
    Snd = NewSounds(ii, 0)
    if (snd AND &HE0) = 0 then
    debug.print “snd ” & ByteToBit(snd) & ” (” & Snd & “)”
    end if
    Next
    end if

This is using the same &HE0 “filter” used by Whirlwind.   The output:

snd 00001100 (12)
    snd 00001001 (9)
    snd 00000011 (3)
    snd 00000110 (6)
    snd 00001100 (12)
    snd 00001001 (9)
    snd 00000011 (3)
    snd 00000110 (6)
    snd 00001100 (12)

Eureka!  You can clearly see the “chase” pattern in the last 4 bits.   Playing a bit more I can see them change to more rapid cadences in different modes, similar to videos.   Now these just need to be mapped to strings of light.    I just did a quick 1:1 mapping originally but looking at videos I think the left and right sides are supposed to be “mirror” images.  Easy enough to fix, updated in this script here:

https://pastebin.com/SHAVqSBJ

2 users thanked author for this post.
     DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Now as for the hiked up inserts, this is due to the playfield primitive which is a new 10.6 feature.   I think the origin is incorrect so the PF is raised instead of being sunken below 0.   You can compensate by adjusting the Y value to -10 (which is really Z but it’s rotated).

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 6.30.00 PM

2 users thanked author for this post.
     32assassin 
    Participant

I made a  new PF primitive fix the problem

extend the hidden wall next to the right flipper (I was getting weird bounces)

added a gate to the center ramp as it should go down the left ramp  (without going through the loop) with weak shots

if anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
     STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Thanks 32assassin for another nice release :good:

Thanks also DJRobX, so much new Things here, well … :good:

I only noticed, i had a Game, where the Ball was “flying” down over the Apron,
    it was coming down very fast from the Right Flipper down to the … i dont’t know, out of PF ? … :unsure:

Onevox (PeteM) 
    Participant

Sweet. Thanks 32A. I wish I could play now but it will have to wait until after vacation.

VONSENSEY 
    Participant

Thanks for this wonderful table, better than VP9 version. I have an issue when using Pinball X. The table cannot find the value “StopShaking” whereas it launches great directly from VPX : any idea ? I have nos issue with any other table (600++) on Pinball X…Thanks !

roccodimarco 
    Participant

Now as for the hiked up inserts, this is due to the playfield primitive which is a new 10.6 feature.   I think the origin is incorrect so the PF is raised instead of being sunken below 0.   You can compensate by adjusting the Y value to -10 (which is really Z but it’s rotated).

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 6.30.00 PM

I found -8 works best for me

1 user thanked author for this post.
     STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

:good:

bord 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Cool! Thanks for the update.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

update! :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

giovanni1966 
    Participant

After the update, it is still impossible to complete the left loop. The ball comes only to the apex.

knightrider 
    Participant

There was an electronic talking game called Mr. Gameshow that came out that year. One had to have been inspired by the other. Probably the same for X’s and o’s and wargames

mikemr2 
    Participant

Likely a dumb question, but how do I get to this particular menu?

briball 
    Participant

Great table, one of my favourites as a teenager,break flashback table.

and the table looks great, good job on this. Enjoying it.

But on my build all the playfield lights seem to be offset quite a bit. So when they flash they jump up a bit. Still noob tried to edit them in the layer 5 I think. But that didn’t help as I got some strange results.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Cheers.

briball 
    Participant

Ignore my last post, thought I had read the whole thread, sorry it’s late haha.  :wacko:

Will try these fixes. Once again great work.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account