Bally Sharpshooter – 1961 – VPX

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rascal
    Participant
      @rascal
      MemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=148613

This is not a pinball machine… surprise! This is a vacuum launch shooting gallery. It is a remake of a 1961 Bally Sharpshooter. I made this table a long time ago and it was originally made for desktop users exclusively. Finding a good view for virtual cab users is pretty much impossible.  However, I did make a rotated view (rotated 270) and also made a B2S for it. The thing is, you can’t play it on a cab without a keyboard, mouse, or a usb gamepad with a thumb pad.

Years ago, before VP was even open source, I made a COM interop program to communicate joystick and mouse input with VP via vbscript. Well I dug that COM interop source code back up and recompiled it in Visual Studio 2019. This plugin when installed will allow this game to use three different type of controls to move and shoot the gun. Best control is the mouse in my opinion, but it takes a little calibration in the beginning to move the gun to all four corners. The next control would be a gamepad with a 8 way thumb pad and whatever buttons you have set to be flippers in VP to shoot. Lastly you can use the number pad on a keyboard as a 8 way control and use whatever buttons you have set to be flippers on the keyboard.

I’m copying the install instructions to the instructions section of this release, but it is also in a text file in the download zip file.

I hope you bother to install this and I hope you enjoy it.

-Rascal

EDIT: The “r” key on a keyboard will bring up the secrets to life (the rules, scoring, and the flyer) all neatly pined to a cork board..

10 users thanked author for this post.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

My kids are going to love this!

Great job. Love the creativity here.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Cool. I have a desktop machine and a 8 way joystick so I will definitely give this a try. Thank you once again @rascal ! I love shooting games.

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

:wacko:      wow

giovanni1966
            Participant
              @giovanni1966

Wonderful idea and realization. Hitting the fox is as difficult as it is in real life fox hunting.

rascal
              Participant
                @rascal
                MemberContributor

For the Pro, put “ring.Visible=False” in the script after Option Explicit to turn off the crosshair. See how good you are at shooting from the hip. ​

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

Absolutely love it Rascal!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  bord
                    @bord
                    MembervipContributorModerator

Finally got to give this a good play. Love all the details – the cigarette holder – the bystanders. Now I want to go full authentic and swap the people out with 1960s attired folks and a retro Coke can.

Really cool stuff, man!

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

This is weird right?  In a good way!   Love experiencing this creativity.

rascal
                      Participant
                        @rascal
                        MemberContributor

Thanks guys, and yes this is weird. I liked making odd projects not intended for VP. I guess that makes me weird, but I’m ok with that.

Good idea about the 1960’s mod. Even go all black and white. :good:

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

I’ll have to try this one soon.  I love it when vp is used outside of its comfort zone (pinball)

well done Rascal looks fun!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?