BAM for VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Blindpeser
    Participant
      @blindpeser

I guess you guys should visit the gopinball.com forum and say thank you to ravarcade. He just did a pretty great thing for you guys:

(1:49)

If it possible for you and you love this (which you do I guess), please donate.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

If anyone would have done it…it would have been ravarcade….

…more info here.

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3249&sid=7aa6f6608e46802122d3a8202a7c2f1b&p=91143#p91143

themotherbrain
        Participant
          @themotherbrain

This is incredible! The shit just got real! I already have the kinect 2, but wasn’t using FP since the jaws and motu conversions. I can’t wait to get this going!

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

This may be a stupid question, but would BAM slow down or cause stutter on tables? Right now I have to disable reflections or I will get stuttering. I would have to imagine this will also dig into speed?

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Speed, image quality etc. I know it is still early from BAM on VP, so maybe it gets a bit better. You see chunks of artifacts/oddities in the video. Most evident is maybe the ball drop a up right of right flipper. Guess I expressed what I feel for it over at vpf.

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

This is a mod of the port of VPVR, so the opengl renderer is required.  As we know from the VR port, it’s not near done yet so any limitations of that port are going to show up in this one.  SO what does this mean?  Hope the OpenGL update keeps improving as well as the eventual migration to DX11 or DX12 which will probably allow similar features.

DCrosby
                Participant
                  @dcrosby

I’m having some issues, on my version the table is all skinny and it’s not really worth pursuing, on FP it works, but on VP it’s not playable.

Any ideas what I’m missing I tried to scale the table did nothing…

https://youtu.be/OxwiYXYwh2k

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  funeral
                  Participant
                    @funeral

There is no way as far as I’m aware for resizing the table currently using the BAM mod.  I’ve tried myself and the usual way of resizing does nothing.  I asked Rav (creator) about this (on the future pinball forum) who stated he’s created this mod to allow the VPX creators to assist with implemenation of BAM and doesn’t want to modify VPX with his own resizing options.

It would be great to have a truly on-the-fly way of resizing the table like there is with Future Pinball.   If anyone has any updates on BAM being fully implemented in VPX anytime soon,  I’d L.O.V.E. to hear about it :)  It looks great in VPX!

:)

Blindpeser
                    Participant
                      @blindpeser

Get in touch with Caligula here: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38417&page=34#entry429318

He is the VPVR (where is BAM is implemented) developer, maybe he can do something for you.

funeral
                      Participant
                        @funeral

Thankyou – I’ve posed the question but under the impression that Caligula is very busy with implementing/improving VPVR at the moment, which is very understandable!  It’s amazing work <3

I did get the update that VPVR now has the BAM option so Rav’s modified version is no longer required (VPVR has a tick box for BAM useage) and this works great, but you still cannot alter the X/Y/Z of the table at present :)

Blindpeser
                        Participant
                          @blindpeser

OK, didnt know that. I bet this is a feature in future.

dinodino
                          Participant
                            @dinodino

I know this thread is a bit stale, but I’m late to the game in trying BAM for VPX.  I’m having the exact same issue that @dcrosby describes and shows in the video with the tables running but looking very skinny (thus making every table unplayable).

Was a solution ever found to be able to properly scale the tables?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Blindpeser
                            Participant
                              @blindpeser

Hey guy, you should ask Ravarcade on gopinball.com or visit the vpx vr thread on vpforum.org.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              wrd1972
                              Participant
                                @wrd1972
                                MembervipContributor

Anyone know where this stands now. Will we see a fully functional BAM for vp any time soon?

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

Anyone know where this stands now. Will we see a fully functional BAM for vp any time soon?

Not going to happen on VPX. You’re only option is to use VPVR for it’s BAM headtracking.

cityhunter
                                  Participant
                                    @cityhunter

I’ve been searching all over for info over and am coming up empty, I finally pulled the trigger on putting together a Cab recently, and had a Kinect 2 donated to put in, I’ve gotten it set up and working with Future Pinball and VPX however I’m using a 3 monitor setup and in VPX the playfield and DMD work great but my backglass is always displayed on monitor 1 under the playfield and so far I’ve failed in finding a way to move it to monitor 2 my backglass monitor.

Is this a limitation of the VR Visual pinball version or is there a way to fix this that I’ve missed?

Blindpeser
                                    Participant
                                      @blindpeser

I have no idea, sorry mate. You could ask Rafal (ravarcade) directly.

xantari
                                      Participant
                                        @xantari

Is BAM integrated into the main VP VR branch at this point or you still have to use a patched version?

EDIT. Read further up in this post, looks like it’s included. Disregard!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by xantari.
                                        vernvex
                                        Participant
                                          @vernvex

same problem. Table is slim on the left of the playfield…. :(

Need to use VR table or classic ?

vernvex
                                          Participant
                                            @vernvex

Ok all it’s done ! 3D works very well !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?