Banana flippers needed, Time Warp WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

So I was talking to Gilrock about Time Warp and he offered to let me take over the WIP and finish it up.  I am very appreciative for all the work he and Bord have done on this table.  Since Rocky is done I need another project!

Luckily there are a bunch of stripped pics of this PF on pinside so its easy to see where things are placed and how they line up.  I took the table and completely went over everything making small little corrections to make it mechanically correct.  Everything looks good and played pretty well.  With the PGF touchups Gilrock did, this will be a very nice table when done!

Now we need to address the best possible solution for banana flippers.  Lets not use the word “never” and try and come up with something that will be close. :good:

pf

The other thing I would like to learn is how to make images look like they are reflecting off of the walls.  The bottom left and right walls above the apron would be perfect candidates

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Could easily make them appear to be banana flippers but for the physics you wouldn’t be able to make it play like it had banana flippers.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Could easily make them appear to be banana flippers but for the physics you wouldn’t be able to make it play like it had banana flippers.

But should be possible with Special Flipper Settings … more El. Falloff, and Coil Ramp Up ? :unsure:

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

:heart: I like the way you are thinking Stat.  With all these geniuses here I sure anything is possible

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

No offense intended, but I think most here would prefer to invest their time enhancing core vp physics capabilities that apply across many or highly popular pinball games.

This has been brought up before and I really don’t think there’s a good way to do this outside of enhancing the core vp engine. And that’s something no one has been willing to take on. Probably because it’s well above the pay grade of anyone currently involved.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I say put them in with a script option for normal flippers and just like the real couple of pins that had banana flippers people can swap out the banana flippers for normal flippers :)

which I think has been done already in the vp9 table…

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

Did the FP version’s Banana Flippers work?

Old FP physics are probably perfect for this table.   ;)

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Easy to explain why. FP flippers are about as accurate as bananas ;-)

Gilrock
                    Participant
                      @gilrock

Did the FP version’s Banana Flippers work?

Old FP physics are probably perfect for this table.   ;)

Yes the banana flippers worked well in FP.  I created that version also.

WED21
                      Participant
                        @wed21

Here is a link to all my files including the WIP I was doing for this pin. I do still have a populated playfield of this but in the zip file is every picture of every piece plus individual pics of all plastics when I had broke it down. I hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else like measurements and such.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cohbupjlgp87y3h/Time%20Warp%20WIP.rar?dl=0

Tom
                        Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

I like the idea of having both flippers as options.  Randr talked me into it! :cry:

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Playfield is populated, everything is working.  now physics and lighting

pf

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

Yet another table from my college years.  I’m going to have to pick up a case of Natty Light when this comes out!  Thanks for all the work!!

Slydog43
                              Participant
                                @slydog43

I worked on banana flipper a while ago and was so excited about it until it was pointed out to me that they didn’t work, ie with correct physics.  I think it can be faked though with some fancy scripting.  I’m a little drunk but I think there only 2 banana flipper games that were in USA.

Not sure what performance hit it would be to have real prims as the flippers and have not as static, this was my first attemp with 3rdaxis making the prims, but it didn’t work as planned.  Physical hits were on the VP flippers and not what was visible, but it was hard to tell through my jaded eyes.

I think a little scripting and faking it will be fine, just my opinion.

great topic   (best thing about VP is how malleable it is.  Its constantly getting so much better. Thanks everyone involved!

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

Hmm. Now you have me thinking…

JR
                                  Participant
                                    @jfr1

I know I sometimes chime in on a thread where the ‘adults are talking’ but wow.  Love reading and learning.  This is fascinating.

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw

Can someone PM me a banana flipper prim?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

@rothbauerw in Dropbox

********************************************************
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

:yahoo: Might we have a operational set of banana flippers Roth? How cool is that.  D9ABDB6E-8D24-4A49-9CC4-5D442075E8D4

May need to postpone my vacation for the new release, VPXI!

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw

They seem to work alright.  Not perfect, but probably good enough?  Here’s an example table for folks to try out and comment on.  Excuse the right flipper prim.  I didn’t have one so I faked it as best I could.

Interestingly, @roccodimarco sent me a vp9 table that had a very similar solution.

Attachments:
                                            Tom
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?