Banana flippers needed, Time Warp WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Cool on the banana flippers!

@armyaviation
      , you’ll want to jettison the shadow layer I had made for GilRock’s version. With your moved playfield elements the shadows are out of place.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

That’s what I feared.

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

Damn you Tom, you sucked me right in on this one!  :yes:  LOL.   Anyways, I refined the flippers a little bit, behaves a little more appropriately towards the end of the flipper.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Attachments:
          1 user thanked author for this post.
          Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

Roth, you sucked yourself in when you made that realistic magnet for pennant fever, I knew deep down if anyone could make the impossible , you could!

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

If you guys need a BF prim, all i need is a top down picture!

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Williams banana shape and final prim:

Banana Shape

Banana Prim

5 users thanked author for this post.
                bord
                  @bord

@schreibi34, you’re awesome.

Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

I cleaned up the stl meshes so they render nice in VP. Resized it a bit to fit the 3″ standard flippers better.

Williams Stamp is missing and you guys need to make a UV-Map so you can place the W-Stamp on top.

kds70
                    Participant
                      @kds70

I´m happy to see the Time Warp will be done for VPX … love this table. It will fit perfect to my Time Warp Vpin Cabinet.

Thanks for the effort and to all involved. :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Gilrock
                      Participant
                        @gilrock

That’s what I feared.

Yeah I’m not sure why anything would need to have been moved.  I would not trust some picture you found online vs all the effort I put into placing what was in the table.  I took my own photographs and used calipers to measure most of that stuff.  I created the Future Pinball version and then used its built in feature to export the schematic of the table to align placement in VP.  I believe the schematic graphic is still attached to the table.

Also like I said in PM there was already a nice banana flipper primitive inside the file I just located it a little south out of view.  The one I had in there was already perfectly scaled.

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

It only needed rescaled because the table dimensions were not set for the manufacture and style.  No big deal it just moved things a bit.  If I remember, the shooter lane was a bit wide.  When I do it, I go off of pics of a stripped PF and you can see where walls and rails meet.  I added the wall on the left side of the shooter lane, I think it was a metal rail or something.  I am gone so I can’t say for sure. Other than that the dimensions are good to go.

I honestly did not get a chance to look at the banana flipper prim on the table.  These guys came up with this stuff after I left for vacation.

Gilrock
                          Participant
                            @gilrock

Yeah I stripped my own playfield and took my own photographs.  For the table dimensions I believe I started with Gorgar since it should be the same size.  The playfield image size was adjusted to be a multiple of 2.  I was just worried when you said you moved things that it messes up the graphic alignments.  The playfield and plastics images were based on where things were placed.  I have Photoshop files for those where things were moved around and placed for positioning and then the final image created.  The playfield is like over 300 layers and the plastics file has 82 layers because at least one or 2 plastics got vectorized.  The original plastics have a lot of defects that I spent a ton of hours fixing.  There are scratches and paint missing and the top left plastic has at least a square inch broken off the corner.  I used Photoshop to create the missing area and touch up all the defects.  If you move where a plastic is located then the plastic image won’t line up since all plastics are in one image.  I have a couple hundred photographs, image files, and photoshop files used to create what’s there so if something needed to be moved it would probably be best to get those Photoshop files to move them and recreate the images.

I attached my stripped playfield image that I started with.  When you take a photo you never get perfect 2D perspective so I used Photoshop to fix the alignment of the photo.

TimeWarpPlayfieldStripped

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

:good:  I think you should just finish your table, you said it was 90% done and I am sure someone on here will be willing to help you take it the last 10%.   I will be stepping away from building tables for a bit .Thanks though

Gilrock
                              Participant
                                @gilrock

Last thing you said was several people were working on this table.  If any of them want it fine with me.  I’m done I’ve got my hands in too many other fires.

For anyone that wants to complete it I don’t think it needs a complete rebuild.  Ball rolling sounds needed fixing and maybe some parameters tweaked.  Flippers will probably need to stay standard since its too hard to get decent banana flippers working.  Bord has already created a shadow layer.  I wasn’t 100% happy with the way some of the metal parts shined but I lost patience trying to figure out the new quirks with using VPX.  Here’s the link to the table:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ucr5rx455242hv1/TimeWarp-Williams-1979-v1.0_bordshadows.zip/file

bord
                                  @bord

source

RIP Time Warp.

Why isn’t there a pouring one out on the curb emoji?

Draifet
                                  Participant
                                    @draifet

Last thing you said was several people were working on this table.  If any of them want it fine with me.  I’m done I’ve got my hands in too many other fires.

For anyone that wants to complete it I don’t think it needs a complete rebuild.  Ball rolling sounds needed fixing and maybe some parameters tweaked.  Flippers will probably need to stay standard since its too hard to get decent banana flippers working.  Bord has already created a shadow layer.  I wasn’t 100% happy with the way some of the metal parts shined but I lost patience trying to figure out the new quirks with using VPX.  Here’s the link to the table:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ucr5rx455242hv1/TimeWarp-Williams-1979-v1.0_bordshadows.zip/file

No tanks, cause if I touch something probably u will say “it was already perfect, don’t know why u want to change it”.

I don’t know the history behind this one, but is what I can deduce from the comments described here. I feel sorry for the “poured” work and time spent.

And by the way, the screenshoot looks awesome, and I was very happy to be able to try that banana flippers and now I’m a little disappointed.

Gilrock
                                    Participant
                                      @gilrock

No tanks, cause if I touch something probably u will say “it was already perfect, don’t know why u want to change it”.

I don’t know the history behind this one, but is what I can deduce from the comments described here. I feel sorry for the “poured” work and time spent.

And by the way, the screenshoot looks awesome, and I was very happy to be able to try that banana flippers and now I’m a little disappointed.

Don’t put words in my mouth.  You can see everything I said right here in the thread and it was nothing like your fake quote.  I said I did not believe the position of the elements needed to change but if you move them you’ll probably need to get the graphics files and fix things that go along with that alignment.  I have several hundred hours into the creation of that table having done it in FP, then VP9, and then taken it this far in VPX.  I’m the one that’s “poured” all the work into this it hasn’t been in other hands long enough to do 2% of what I’ve done.  I’ll provide all the assets I have and anyone can do whatever they want but don’t tell me I can’t express an opinion because egos are fragile.  He said he’s quitting the entire VP scene so maybe there’s a completely different reason he dropped out that he doesn’t want to go into here.

It looks and plays great in FP as well…

Screenshot_cab3

Screenshot_cab2

Screenshot_cab1

Tom
                                      Participant
                                        @armyaviation
                                        MemberContributor

No drama guys… the table will be built, I am stepping away from building tables for a bit to concentrate on things that will help me produce better tables.  Gilrock, I understand that you did put in a lot of time on this table and hopefully it can contribute to a table that all here can enjoy.

My first contribution to this community was a mod of 32Assassin’s Totem.  I wanted to do a mod because I have this table, just like you have Time Warp.  I thought I could make it better because I could add all the small details that could only be seen by looking at the actual table.  I did a lot of work and then I asked Borgdog to help with something.  He graciously offered to help but pointed out that the table was not set properly in the dimensions manager and it made things all out of shape.  He went over the whole table and then handed it back to me to finish.  I think it turned out really nice and I thanked him for pointing that out even though most of my work had to be redone.  You have to start with a good base to make the rest of the table right and that and all the other advice these guys have given me has made me a better table builder.  Now I want to take it to the next level.

Gilrock
                                        Participant
                                          @gilrock

Tom no problem.  I’m uploading a bunch of other Photoshop assets I created for this just in case anyone needs it.  Its a half gig of files so its still uploading.  What you’ll find in the Photoshop files a lot of times is many layers that are disabled because they were either only used to help with the rest of it or no longer needed so just hidden.

This link should lead to the shared mediafire folder: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/kw85zfxd222g7/VirtualPinball

Last time someone modded the table we ended up with banana flippers that were too long and the ball could be trapped without draining so that’s why I get nervous when I heard things were shifting.  But at the end of the day I don’t have the time to continue so I leave it open for others to continue.

TW_Flippers-300x300

Gilrock
                                          Participant
                                            @gilrock

I’ve been getting more into arcade cabs now.  I built this Robotron cab from scratch and it runs with a JROK FPGA and has a real CRT and restored original joysticks.  I’m up to 2.25 million wave 85 on difficulty 5 so far. Trying to get where I can marathon the game.

RoboFirstLight

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?