Batman (Data East, 1989) Pup Pack (BackGlass, Topper)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    MisterKai
    Participant
      @mrkai

Batman (Data East, 1989) Pup Pack (BackGlass, Topper)

Batman (Data East, 1989) Player Pack (BackGlass, Topper)

System:  Visual Pinball Player (version 10.4+)

Produced, Arranged ad Remixed by Kai ‘MrKai’ Cherry

Requirements:

PinUP Player v1.20 or greater

VPX:  Designed to work with Batman (Data East) 1989 + Batman “OST” alt sound

ROM:  Designed to work with “btmn_106”.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Dr.Tom
      Participant
        @crile1
        MemberContributor

tried it out, but says file not found for most trigger hits

MisterKai
        Participant
          @mrkai

Hi Tom. Easy fix. Look in the btmn_106folder you put in Pupvideos. Is there another folder in there with the same name? Use that one.

The forum software “re-wrapped” the zip in a new zip with the same name. I will change the upload and resubmit so this doesn’t confuse anyone else.

-K

Dr.Tom
          Participant
            @crile1
            MemberContributor

No, that’s not the problem.  Can’t figure it out.  The topper vids play just fine.  The background backglass vid plays.  But the rest of the backglass animations are not playing…instead displays file not found.  I’ve looked at the config and it looks good.  Can’t see any difference between this and your Attack from Mars (which is running great).  I’m stumped for now.

Dr.Tom
            Participant
              @crile1
              MemberContributor

Would be curious if anyone else is having this issue.

MisterKai
              Participant
                @mrkai

I..

No :)

If all of the files are there, I have no idea how that is possible. You can see them and play them all?

MisterKai
                Participant
                  @mrkai

If you don’t mind, can you relownload it and let me know if it is still an issue?

Remember – delete the old one first; you don’t want to “merge” them.

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

Another one….man ….wifey wants to go to go out for din din…. will check it out and let you know how it works Kai!

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

Would be curious if anyone else is having this issue.

I too am experiencing this though I haven’t had the chance to get back to the cabinet to see if I have the additional file name as mentioned above as the potential problem. I think it awesome though how the BG videos and topper videos look and play. I also get the message File not Found displayed on the Backglass. The AFM videos also play perfectly and have to say that this is really impressive!!

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

if you get ‘file not found’.  check your btmn_106 folder and see if you have any files that start with “._”

if so, then you should re-download this PuP-Pack and remove the old btmn_106 folder (do not merge)….its been updated.

MisterKai
                        Participant
                          @mrkai

Another one….man ….wifey wants to go to go out for din din…. will check it out and let you know how it works Kai!

LOL, it will be here when ya get back :)

Dr.Tom
                          Participant
                            @crile1
                            MemberContributor

Ok, did a little more testing.  So no files with name “.”.  Also, it seems to be a problem playing folders.  The commands to play an individual file in a folder (switch x=play folder y= play file z) works fine.  However when command is to play a random or alphabetical file within a folder (switch x= play folder y) then not playing videos within folder.  So all commands to play movies within a folder are not playing.  But when commanded to play individual movie this works.  I tested by changing the launch from playing folder launch (with file being blank in config) to playing intro.mp4.  When I asked to play individual video it’s not working.  Okay that was long and hopefully not too confusing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            MisterKai
                            Participant
                              @mrkai

Did you find this to be the case as well after deleting and redownloading? The original upload was changed.

Note when doing this, you *must* delete the original down load, not merge/copy over. It will not fix the issue.

-K

Dr.Tom
                              Participant
                                @crile1
                                MemberContributor

Yes.  I re-downloaded.  Deleted the original.  Emptied recycle bin.  Then uploaded new pup.  It’s very strange.  Maybe I’ll try deleting everything again and re-try.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred
                                  MemberContributorModerator

Just got back and gave this a quick play..

Looks fantastic. Love all the animated TExt effects and clip art,etc.  Really smooth and fits the theme great. Having most of your Topper videos in proper 21:9 aspect also looks good.

If I could make a consideration for future PuP-Packs.  Since this is a movie themed table…don’t feel you need to restrict yourself to using the original Backglass.  There are movie posters and loads of high quality wallpaper, art, etc  that you can use that would really compliment your work better.  It would be easier to get that to work with a 16:9 ratio so it won’t look squished compared to the rest of your clips.

Job well done!  Is there a Pinsound for this table? Would go great with it!

senseless
                                  Participant
                                    @senseless

This is some high quality sh#%%$t man :). It works perfectly and I just love everything about it. Great work and thanks for sharing this!

Psmiraglia
                                    Participant
                                      @psmiraglia

Just got the chance to install. Love the PNP nature of this pack. Very nice!

MisterKai
                                      Participant
                                        @mrkai

Just got back and gave this a quick play.. Looks fantastic. Love all the animated TExt effects and clip art,etc. Really smooth and fits the theme great. Having most of your Topper videos in proper 21:9 aspect also looks good. If I could make a consideration for future PuP-Packs. Since this is a movie themed table…don’t feel you need to restrict yourself to using the original Backglass. There are movie posters and loads of high quality wallpaper, art, etc that you can use that would really compliment your work better. It would be easier to get that to work with a 16:9 ratio so it won’t look squished compared to the rest of your clips. Job well done! Is there a Pinsound for this table? Would go great with it!

Thank you Terry! I will consider what you said about movie posters if I do another movie themed one. As for pin sound, i *only* play this table with the OST alt sound. It is an epic, whole other thing, even the voice samples are clean.

You should give it a shot!

-K

Johngreve
                                        Participant
                                          @johngreve

Hi…couple of quick questions….on my playfield monitor for the Batman table there is a black rectangle that I am assuming is one of the popup windows. I drag it off to the backglass where it seems to disappear behind the backglass. I’ve never seen anything displayed on this window though.( I have my BG and Topper windows positioned properly through the screen configure setup screen and they are in the proper position when I play the original Tron PuP table.) The PuP files on Batman seem to play otherwise though I continue to get “File not Found” on what would be some backglass video popups along with the PuP logo being displayed and its music. I did delete the original PuPvideo folder and did a fresh download as suggested earlier but don’t really notice a difference. Also, now I get sticky flippers on both this table and the AFM tables…however the sticking flippers disappear when I disable the tables from being PuP tables by removing the tables PuPvideos from the PuPplayer folder. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Edit: Ok, I think that screen I mentioned that I seen on the playfield is actually supposed to be the DMD display popup. I say that because on the Avatar PUPpack I see the same thing but with triggered videos. I went to the screen config screen and relocated that window to a spot on the backglass and saved the setting; however when I go back and play the table  the window still remains on the playfield. What am I missing here or misinterepting that it keeps returning to the playfield? Perhaps its not the DMD window?

Also rebooting the computer seemed to fix the sticking and non responsive flippers…so please disregard that comment.

NailBuster
                                            @nailbuster
                                            ModeratorMember

for the ‘black rectangle’…  thats probably because you have your default state to ‘show always on’ on one screen.  If you go to configure pup displays again….check every screen as see if there are any set to ‘always on’ that shouldn’t be.

don’t know about the ‘file not found’….

sticky flippers will happen when your system ‘cant-keep-up’….run taskmanager while playing and see what you gpu/cpu resources look like.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?