Batman DE – Loads Fine but Can’t Start Game

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bb
    Participant
      @delt31

So weird – only game that is doing this.  Loads fine and I can put coins in, move the plunger but no flipper movements and I can’t start the game even though pressing the start button appears to be registering.

I tried resetting the rom (F3) – no dice.  I deleted the NVRAM – no dice.  Downloaded again – no dice.  Any ideas?

Also – my WH20 and BSD has pinball sounds but no music or speech from rom…..thoughts?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/batman-data-east-1991/page/3/#post-116338

You should always validate the roms if something isn’t working.

bb
        Participant
          @delt31

Thanks. For batman, the game doesn’t even play though (not just missing sound effects).  I’ve played it before too – and I checked the roms and it appears fine.  Not sure what changed but now all I can do is load it, see it, add coins, move the plunger and nothing else.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Does it add credits ? Or is it just the coin going into the machine sound you’re hearing ? Make sure that you don’t have old scripts in table folder.

bb
            Participant
              @delt31

It’s just the coin going in – I don’t see actual credits.  In fact I don’t see the dots. When the game starts, my start button on my controller usually blinks and for this game it doesn.t.

I will check for old scripts.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

If only game sound, and no credits, well, then it might be that you need to credit in with a different key – try 3,4, 5. And, yes, check for old scripts too.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Thalamus.
                bb
                Participant
                  @delt31

OK – I tried 3 4 and 5 too no dice.  Will look at the scripts although not sure why there would be old scripts in the table folder.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?