Batman the Dark Knight PuPPack (3 Screens,BG,Topper)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Johngreve
    Participant
      @johngreve

So the issue I’m having is that now when I launch the table, it is coming up with the batman (Data East 1991) B2S. I’ve removed the B2S for this table, but it is misidentifying it with the other Batman table’s B2S. I removed all the data (table name *) in the game manager’s media search field, but it is still making teh association with the 1991 table’s B2S. So what can be done? I want both tables on my cab, but the PupPack for Dark Knight requires that no B2S (or similar named B2S) be present. How do we deal with that. I don’t have this problem with Terminator 2 or 3 PupPacks.

What I do with all my Pup tables now is that I rename them like so:

As an example

VP10 Batman The Dark Knight TT&NZ 1.1

I always preface the table name with VP10 so it doesn’t try to match up a backglass and doing them all the same with the VP10 preface it helps me find the table easily enough in my Tables folder if I need to locate it. It works for me on all my Pup tables,this way doesn’t require you to remove any B2S files….and I have them all.

klyons
      Participant
        @klyons

the player crashes for me right after second ball drains

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

ok, for those who are having an issue, on MY system, a quick fix is to turn off exclusive fullscreen and I never get a crash, had a 110m game too, lots of multiball.  You might still get a crash, this could be a stressed system game or it could be a win 10 bug that has crept into the exclusive fullscreen feature.

test it out and let us know.  if those who don’t have crashes have exclusive fullscreen off, then we at least have somewhere to look.  This does seem to be quite a demanding table, its fine on my system (i7 4ghz and a 980) but who knows?  We are talking about windows here :)

Shadow
          Participant
            @shadowshd

This PuP-Pack gives the game another dimension, so thanks  :good:

trochjochel
            Participant
              @trochjochel

Yeah TerryRed has made it through some changes to the PuPPack that there is no more crashes in the exclusive fullscreenmode.

– created another optional overlay image that fills in text area for users with a “Topper / Under” that does not need text on the backglass

– set text screen to off for “Topper / Under” users

– cropped videos for Topper and Text screens

– cropped all lucius videos that had text

– moved lucius text videos to their own folder

– removed ALL audio from Topper and Text videos (and their triggers) as they were causing instability

– added restseconds to the “start game” videos and music so it will not keep repeating at the start

– added a small amount of residualseconds to other triggers.

– “start game” video volume set to 0 to allow OST music to not be interupted when starting. Plays smoother with OST music.

– set all backglass videos to volume 100 (they seemed too quiet) to keep them the same during gameplay.

– removed some of the “quieter” music tracks in favor of the more “heart-thumping” and “exciting” music tracks

– added one music track to the main music

– disabled triggers for “goxxxxx” videos as they were used with a large amount of RestSeconds, and they would not play when they should

– change the ball Lost trigger from “Total Bonus” (this plays too far after the drain) to new “Bonus” PuPCapture. These plays the Ball Lost videos much quicker and flows nicer

Download the file bdk294terryexlusivescreenmod.zip. And copy the content into your existing bdk_294 folder in the PuPvideos folder.

Thanks TerryRed for your work on my Pack

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Your welcome. The pack was excellent…it just needed some refinement and adjustments.

To clarify…users who want to use my modded version of the PuP-Pack MUST remove their older version of the PuP-Pack before installing the new version! If you don’t, then you will get mixed up files and duplicates, and that will cause problems again.

While my modded version is setup for Topper / Under users (text on Topper, no text on BG)…it doesn’t mean that users with other setups can’t use it.

2 screen users (no DMD or 3rd screen): set the Topper and Text screens to OFF (for the PuP-Pack) using the Pup-Pack Editor. You need to use the correct overlay (“overlayframe.png”). Position your DMD for the table on your BG.

Users with DMD / LCD DMD (and no Topper / Under screen): set the Topper screens to OFF (for the PuP-Pack) using the Pup-Pack Editor, and if you want you can re-enable the Text screen (set to ForceBack) for Backglass text videos. You need to use the correct overlay (“overlayframe.png”).

3 screen users with a DMD/LCD DMD and Topper: I recommend leaving the backglass Text set to OFF (and use “no_dmd_overlayframe.png” for the overlay).  Then let the Topper / Under display your text. Unless you have a Topper and want to see the text on your Backglass because it’s easier. If you want to re-enable the Text screen (for BG) set it to ForceBack. Then you need to use the correct overlay (“overlayframe.png”).

Note: the videos were cropped with an Under screen in mind. This is perfect for the Backglass text and under screens. I didn’t have time to crop for 21:9 Toppers yet.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                trochjochel
                Participant
                  @trochjochel

Terry i uploaded only your changed folders screen,triggers and playlist normaly it have to work without removing the old PuPPack

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Terry i uploaded only your changed folders screen,triggers and playlist normaly it have to work without removing the old PuPPack

That might not have been a good idea…as I don’t know if all my changes will work correctly now with possible differences in the older folders and files compared to what I did. Many of the changes and “removal” of certain files in some folders, and creation of new folders were done to have the pack working correctly so it doesn’t become unstable / crash. It was important to not have duplicates in certain folders,etc.

I’m not home so I can’t test on the cab (for crashing), and my hotel internet is terrible for speed, so it will take hours to download my original mod to compare…lol (but my PC here is also high end, so it won’t crash here) :P

TerryRed
                      @terryred

It would be better to upload my complete modded version (with you own preferred changes you mentioned) to be sure it will be the same stable version…as you have no way to test it, since your cab is too powerful to see the crashes.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Note:

This may work fine as well..

…but I’m not able to download and test this until next weekend (on my cab) to check for the same crashing,etc that occurred before. That being said…  everyone please try it out and let us know how it plays for you guys (especially those who had crashing). If it works similar to my modded version, then I think a lot of you guys will be happy to play this excellent pup-pack with no crashing and better fitting Text videos, and some other refinements.

lololol
                        Participant
                          @lololol

Hello, I have only the VPX table and my b2s bkaglass is deleting but still I have the backglass b3s in in screen of the backglass

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

This is what I’ve been doing

If you are running this version of the back glass you can make a copy of your ScreenRes.txt file and change the extension to res and call it the same name as the game

B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.3

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

Download this back glass because it is a very plain back glass And will use very little resource

Name it the same as the game you’re using for the PuPPack

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/three-angels/

Set the RES file like this

The 1st 2 lines will be whatever resolution you’re running on your playfield

1920 <– Playfield screen X resolution (width)
                            1080 <– Playfield screen Y resolution (height)
                            1 <– Backglass screen X resolution (width)
                            1 <– Backglass screen Y resolution(height)
                            1 <– Display number for the backglass monitor

Rodrigo sinoreto
                            Participant
                              @rodrigosinoreto

Thanks for creating and sharing this! Fantastic work, congratulations !!!

cujopb
                              Participant
                                @cujopb

I just installed this pack and am having trouble displaying the videos on the backglass (although the init displays fine).

Some specs:

Running vpx 10.5, with  latest pinup (installed last week), Vpinmame 3.0

PinpuplayerTest: Player PupVideo: response “Seems okay”.  Play VLC: Nothing comes back (Although I tested VLC.exe and plays videos just fine.

PinupPlayerTestPack:  Ran the Init for bdk_294 and it displays the motion background fine.  Ran the trigger 111 (attract) and that displays fine.

Not sure if we MUST use your custom bdk_294, but I DO have issues trying to use it (despite allowing for CRC errors & Skip Pinball startup Test).  I get a message, ” Invalid or missing rom bdk_294″.  Using the original ROM plays the game fine.

Looks like a great pack- thanks in advance for all your work on this!

trochjochel
                                Participant
                                  @trochjochel

Yes its better to use my muted rom  , delete or rename your old rom and copy my rom in Vpinmame roms folder. be sure your stup default in Pinupplayerconfigdisplay.bat is correct screen 0 Topper and screen 2 Backglass (show alsways on and screen 7 otherbackglass and screen 8 other topper have the same coordinates as screen 0+2 and set to Pop hide paused. Use the last sambuild. Delete or Rename your old Backglass db2s for this table. if you dont use Topper use Puppackeditor and set screen 0 Topper to off.

cujopb
                                  Participant
                                    @cujopb

Figured out why the videos were not ‘popping’ up.  I ran the pinupplayerregister.bat from the wrong folder for visual pinball.  That is working now.  Videos look great!  :yahoo:

Still not sure why VPX complains about your custom ROM.  For now, the PUP videos seem short enough to me – not interfering much with gameplay.

:good:   Thanks so much!    :good: This games is really awesome now!!!!!  I hope to work on a pup pack in the near future.

Jopp
                                    Participant
                                      @joppnl

Great pack, thank you!

First didn’t use the custom rom when I installed it at first but you really need to do it and this new music/sound is so much better, great!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                      Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

ridlar
                                      Participant
                                        @ridlar

This is one of the first packs downloaded from you…AND a favorite!

Great work here & with all your other packs!

cdnbum88
                                        Participant
                                          @cdnbum88

Nevermind

Is bdk_294 hidden somewhere? I cannot find this file.

cdnbum88
                                          Participant
                                            @cdnbum88

I can hear the videos in the background I believe but I still have a static BG.

I see in thread download terry zip file, but were can I locate that?

This looks awesome and enjoyed playing, but would like the BG to show those great videos. I believe I have updated all that is noted in instructions.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?