Beach Bums (2018)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Watacaractr
    Participant
      @watacaractr

Thank you Haunt. Awesome to hear that coming from one of the most talented guys out there. :good:

Draifet
      Participant
        @draifet

I spent just a few minuts watching to the art of the table without playing, plastics, playfield, 3D models… a lot of work put on this, so detailed. And the new music and sounds matches perfectly with the theme, it’s hypnotic.

Ray
        Participant
          @pritch33

Nice table. Wondering if anyone is having issues with 2 balls getting launched/kicked out on the second ball? I did mod the rom as per above instructions.

Thanks

Ray

takut
          Participant
            @takut
            MemberContributor

Look great, thanks for sharing this beautiful mod  :good:

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

Top notch job done on this!

-Mike

vogliadicane
              Participant
                @vogliadicane

man, this is all so good, what you did here. In total: anything you made and chose here fits perfectly to the total theme beach. I love the graphics, you made and chose, I love the music for any state of the game, you chose, the shout-outs, the sounds…and and and. :yes:   :good:   :good: Gottlieb should have hired you instead of the person, which made HH (I really do not like that table, so I have no problem with the ROM btw…)

One minor thing (relevant to cab users): All sounds are mapped to the table, which means for us, come from the deep within our cabs and sound bad. They should be mapped to the Backglass.

I changed that (“Toggle BG out” btw changes are only working after saving and restarting VPX) like in the images and it sounds gorgeous. DT users won’t feel any changes, so this is the only thing, I’d suggest for an update.

5 users thanked author for this post.
                Bluetooth
                Participant
                  @bluetooth

Thanks a lot for this very nice creation !

For PinballX i’ve made a video for the backglass and for the playfield.

It’s not a record, it’s just an image converted into a video.

http://dl.free.fr/kQoYS65QG

http://dl.free.fr/kdInQrxAb

ripleyyy
                  Participant
                    @ripleyyy

better artwork than the original pin… ;)

Jesperpark
                    Participant
                      @jesperpark

I always love a re-theme especially on a great layout, makes a person think of the possibilities when they come across a beat up older pin in the wild.

Love the artwork and the extra music, just adds a great overall vibe to the table.

Thanks for all the work to this table

Guga
                      Participant
                        @guga

Great job! Congratulations!!  :yahoo:
                        Thanks for sharing.  :good:

Mike DA Spike
                        Participant
                          @mikedaspike

The table looks really awesome ! thanks for that.

I don’t get anything on my DMD, even when I use the software DMD, it doesn’t show up.

I’m using the hlywoodh rom that is included

Anyone got an idea ?
                          I just upgraded VPINMAME to the latest version for AC/DC

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

you running latest vpx beta?

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

@ Mike da Spike

should begin your post by stating what type of display you are using

its well known that RGB panel DMDs don’t support segment displays

this table is running  a  segment display, its not a DMD table.

the 3 screen dbs was built for an LCD screen, you can’t run it on a RGB panel because the image dimension is too big to fit on a RGB panel DMD.

if you are running a PIN2DMD or a Pindmd3  you need to modify the DMD image added to the 3rd screen db2s to the proper RGB panel dimensions

or from what I read,  you can run the 2 screen version and the segment displays will show up on your RGB panel. ( I don’t know this for a fact but try it)

or rebuild the 3rd screen db2s file using this template

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0eu1yngiwmxztk4/Gottlieb%20template.directb2s?dl=0

a proper DMD size image was imported and the reels have been resized to fit the image.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              Mike DA Spike
                              Participant
                                @mikedaspike

@32assassin

Thanks !

I’m a really newbee in this. Working for the last 3 months on the software to make everything working.

And slowly building my cabinet now.

I have indeed a RGB Pin2DMD and wasn’t aware of  taht segment tables didn’t work (thought I had some working by default).

I downloaded indeed the 3screen b2s file. I now have the 2 screens downloaden and the dispaly is showns on the backglass screen. (Not showing on my DMD still, but that doesn’t matter, I can now playthe game with score :yahoo:   Great table ! :yahoo: )

Thanks for the advise and I my learning moment !

@randr

Also thanks. I was runnign a small version behind, but updated that too.

:yahoo:

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

I love this table!!!

Great job!!

GAH1068
                                  Participant
                                    @gah1068

Great looking table. I had one issue due to the buttons my Xtensions Cab uses for flippers. While playing the game every time I hit the Left Flipper (hard mapped to “C” key) on my cabinet it was activating BallControl. I was able to disable the timer so it wouldn’t activate it but maybe a Constant or something in the table to remap to a different key of disable for non-debugging. I was scratching my head for a few minutes until I finally figured out why the ball was just stopping when I hit the left flipper key!.

Dustin
                                    Participant
                                      @fwiler

Just wanted to add my thanks and appreciation for this table.  Love it.

laukarlueng
                                      Participant
                                        @laukarlueng

Love this table so much! Great theme and music. I really like the captive ball area with the pop bumper!

BTW, I like this with daytime lighting cranked up. Somehow the sunny haze on the ball and playfield seems appropriate.

Pinhead22
                                        Participant
                                          @pinhead22

Bad ass!! Awesome job!!

xphilou29
                                          Participant
                                            @xphilou29
                                            • this table is running  a  segment display, its not a DMD table. the 3 screen dbs was built for an LCD screen, you can’t run it on a RGB panel because the image dimension is too big to fit on a RGB panel DMD. if you are running a PIN2DMD or a Pindmd3  you need to modify the DMD image added to the 3rd screen db2s to the proper RGB panel dimensions

• its well known that RGB panel DMDs don’t support segment displays. this table is running a segment display, its not a DMD table.the 3 screen dbs was built for an LCD screen, you can’t run it on a RGB panel because the image dimension is too big to fit on a RGB panel DMD.

if you are running a PIN2DMD or a Pindmd3 you need to modify the DMD image added to the 3rd screen db2s to the proper RGB panel dimensions

or from what I read, you can run the 2 screen version and the segment displays will show up on your RGB panel. ( I don’t know this for a fact but try it)

or rebuild the 3rd screen db2s file using this template

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0eu1yngiwmxztk4/Gottlieb%20template.directb2s?dl=0

a proper DMD size image was imported and the reels have been resized to fit the image.

•  
                                            • Hello @32assassin,  firstly thanks a lot for all your work, you are one of my favourite table maker! I have this issue using a pin2dmd, i have not the entire dmd showing on my pin2dmd. Have the same issue on tom and jerry probably for the same reason. Can you explain again how to have the entire dmd showing up on the pin2dmd, I understand the dmd should be resized but how? Can we get correct size directly as in most tables?
                                            • Many thanks
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?