Beta Testers needed

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

I have 3 tables nearing completion

pick a table

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yiwflzahhudwjtw/AAA1DNBuKI5oDItzx8mYFro8a?dl=0

I played POP and got the ball stuck on the lower bumper and left rubber on an endless back and forth,  I’m sure other bugs can be found

let me be the first to say that the Crystal display on ST looks like crap, and its not going to change unless I get a HQ scan of the plastic,

I already made primitives for the plastics that I removed from the table and I like to replace the remaining ones (all in layer 8) with primitives.

I only make primitives form HQ resources,  not from plastics that have been stretched and skewed to match the PF image.

so as always resources are welcomed

apron decals for POP

plunger cover decal and ramp entrance plastic display for Mavirck (plastic that mounts the 2 red LEDs)

all plastics on layer 8 for ST 25th

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Wow. I knew you had started POP. But, Star Trek 25A and Maverick came as a big surprise. Downloaded. Very curious on how these are. Thank you 32assassin. :rose:

freelunch
        Participant
          @freelunch

Oh cool, an excuse to use the manual ball roller control that rothbauerw developed. Dang, that tutorial was posted over a year ago, and that was after I discovered how to abuse analog nudging to test tables. I’m older than I thought around here.

So the sink holes aren’t working on Maverick? Should I be testing on the release build of 10.5 or one of the beta builds?

32assassin
          Participant
            @32assassin

since we have an official release of 10.5; all the beta builds are outdated

and we now have a built in ball control,  all you have to do is hit Q or ESC and click on the Debugger option,  you will see a ball control option,

and you control the ball with your mouse the keyboard is no longer used.

if by sink holes you mean the paddle wheel,  I forgot to add the trig functions, Maverick has been updated.

I’m not sure what is happening but I can’t open the the phy5 table anymore it crashes at load

so I copied the trig functions from another table,  hopefully they where the same.

and I just got a image pack from JP for ST,  I only need the vertical plastics to finish this table.

Bambi Plattfuss
            Participant
              @bambiplattfuss

What a Surprise THANK YOU
              But i have Problems

1. POV is in Full Screen off ( no big issue i  or someone else will provide his POV when done)
              2. The table overall is way too fast
              3. I got a stuck Ball here like shown in Picture.

I test more and report back ;)
              i started with Mavewrick cause i used to have owned one long ago but it has maverick bug

cyberpez
              Participant
                @cyberpez

AWESOME thanks for these.  Maverick was pretty high on my to do list, ST25th is a great one too!

OptimusPin
                Participant
                  @viriiguy

I played a couple rounds on POP.

The plunger either isn’t strong enough, or the first gate is providing too much restriction. It seems to have trouble clearing it.

The catwalk, the upper right target, doesn’t register hits. Either when open or closed.

Looks great though!!

On ST 25, I think the right ball return needs to be adjusted. In videos, it looks like it hits solidly on the middle of the left flipper. On this table, it seems to just graze the end of the left flipper, which results in a LOT of ball drains.

Example here

redrooster
                  Participant
                    @redrooster

I just gave POTO a few spins.  I don’t know what you are already aware of and not, but the organ doesn’t register any hits at the top, and even when opened still acts as if it is closed.

Aside from the obvious missing pieces, lighting and artwork all look great.  I use SSF, and it sounds great as well.

32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

all tables have been updated

POP

I think the ball was hitting one of the rubbers when shot out of the plunger lane

I added a hidden wall and set the rubber (as toy)

I will look into the organ targets,  the roof (ramp that keeps the ball from flying off the ramp) might be keeping it from hitting them or the height of the targets is off.

Maverik

the hidden wall height of the wire ramps under the hidden Lock ramp (ramp8) have been changed from height = 62 to 50

ST

the right kicker out angle has been changed to 208,  I added the compass and a hidden wall if anyone has a better suggestion move the hidden wall control point to where you like to have the ball hit (when kicked out)

and change the kicker direction on script line 188 from 208 to your suggestion.

missing (plastics I like to replace) have been updated; they are all located on layer 8

redrooster
                      Participant
                        @redrooster

Getting a script error on POP now.  (sorry to barrage you, just happen to be home today).

Line 361

Expected Identifier

freelunch
                        Participant
                          @freelunch

In Mavrick I got the ball stuck in the same place as Bambi Plattfuss, happens a lot when the ball is coming from the sw52 kicker

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

I added

RampOrgan.Collidable= 0

on line 361 and 370

to set ramp as a toy when its raised but I accidentally added a space between the period and “C”

(the ramp will be invisible when is up; for testing purposes)

Maverick needed Ramp 26 to have the Left wall height set to 0 so that the ball could enter the ramp, it was set to a height of 62 :wacko:

updated versions are up

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

In Mavrick I got the ball stuck in the same place as Bambi Plattfuss, happens a lot when the ball is coming from the sw52 kicker

is the ball getting stuck when it takes the red path

or

the green path

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rihec5bq3j0m2yq/oc27sjc67hzs68fdof8j383ffymsgs0u.png?dl=0

freelunch
                              Participant
                                @freelunch

In Mavrick I got the ball stuck in the same place as Bambi Plattfuss, happens a lot when the ball is coming from the sw52 kicker

is the ball getting stuck when it takes the red path

or

the green path

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rihec5bq3j0m2yq/oc27sjc67hzs68fdof8j383ffymsgs0u.png?dl=0

green

freelunch
                                Participant
                                  @freelunch

I switched the POV to FS and adjusted the layback to a negative so I could see where it was getting stuck.

Attachments:
                                  redrooster
                                  Participant
                                    @redrooster

I gave POP another couple of spins.  Organ targets still not working.  The ball does go in the open organ now, however, during multiball, it again works as if it’s closed (even though it’s open).  So, for a single ball, it’s working, but not for multiball.  To add, the animation looked perfect on the previous version, now the organ disappears when open, and just appears shut, unlike it actually closing before.

My apologies if that last part is a known graphic thing and you are really focused on gameplay.

I’m a big fan of this game, so I’m excited for you to finish it.  Again, it looks and sounds amazing, and once you get the catwalk ramp up, and hash out these gamplay/organ issues, it’ll be great version.  Can’t wait!

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

I replaced some of kickers that built the paddle wheel animation and did not noticed that some are script enabled.

updated version was uploaded after the.paddle wheel was tested and the ball made it to the end of the wire ramp when it was ejected from the lock ball kickers

and it looks like the roof on POP was preventing the ball from hitting the targets,

roof height has been raised to 150

Attachments:
                                      Max-K
                                      Participant
                                        @kiwipim

@ ST25:

The solenoids of the light strips are 37, 38 and 39

redrooster
                                        Participant
                                          @redrooster

POP again, organ targets are all working, was able to hit them all, raise it, hit balls into it, etc…

Had a weird thing happen when there was supposed to be a 3rd ball in play (after i hit a 3rd one into the organ during multiball play), it never showed up, and kept giving me “ball 2” every time i’d lose one.  I think i could have played forever on ball 2.  I wasn’t able to make it do it again, though.

Sorry i’m not more technical.  What i know is this game is unforgiving in real life, and this version is also.  You lose a lot of damn balls off the organ ramp and down the left side.

redrooster
                                          Participant
                                            @redrooster

Speaking of losing balls on the left side…it made me realize that the kickback doesn’t work.  Light is on, so it should, it just doesn’t.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?