Big Bang Bar

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

@lonchaney provide a screenshot and im sure we can help

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

lonchaney
      Participant
        @lonchaney

Thanks @randr :) Here it is. I tried to change inclination, zscale, layback, etc with no luck.

bbb

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

if you are able to find those yourself in editor you need to click each one and uncheck visible. i can look later if you cannot figure it out

for IOS and Android

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

I had that same “ball gets caught” problem in that area. My solution was to just put an invisible wall back there to keep the ball out from under that plastic.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

lonchaney
            Participant
              @lonchaney

@randr @LynnInDenver

Thanks for your replies. :) Would you know the name of those things, the circles, Randr, and the wall you used, Lynn? Since there a lot of thing above others it’s not easy to select the right ones and I don’t want to ruin everything.

Edit: OK, I found how to select the circles, but I don’t know how to make them invisible.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Turn off the layers you dont need ont the left 0-11 box. And you can right click on things to get objects that lay beneath. And you can also bring to front or push to back. It is playing with the editor that makes you learn, and then the real fun starts.

lonchaney
                Participant
                  @lonchaney

Turn off the layers you dont need ont the left 0-11 box. And you can right click on things to get objects that lay beneath. And you can also bring to front or push to back. It is playing with the editor that makes you learn, and then the real fun starts.

Thanks for the tip, @Thalamus, it does help. I can select them but there is not any “visible” checkbox in the options for them. I tried to change material etc with no luck.

-RpT
                  Participant
                    @rpt

@lonchaney

Modified version of the FSS table might work for you? I uploaded my personal version recently for a friend, maybe works for you too (not sure if the ball stuck problem exists but I haven’t experienced it yet).

I sent a link in PM anyway :)

51666637_10161317382200257_3667096201775284224_n

EDIT – low res screenshot as re-downloaded from FaceBook while at work

lonchaney
                    Participant
                      @lonchaney

@lonchaney

Modified version of the FSS table might work for you? I uploaded my personal version recently for a friend, maybe works for you too (not sure if the ball stuck problem exists but I haven’t experienced it yet).

I sent a link in PM anyway :)

51666637_10161317382200257_3667096201775284224_n

EDIT – low res screenshot as re-downloaded from FaceBook while at work

I say it again, @-RpT, thanks A LOT, your version is really beautiful and I do not have the pink circles problem on it, so I’m very happy  :yahoo: Thanks again!

-RpT
                      Participant
                        @rpt

All thanks to the original creators for this gem of a table!

-randr

-ninuzzu

-arconovum

+ anyone i missed…

This was just a POV fix + removed some of the DMD reflections and a few tweaks here and there with the lights ;)

Enjoy!

LynnInDenver
                        Participant
                          @lynnindenver

@randr @lynnindenver

Thanks for your replies. :) Would you know the name of those things, the circles, Randr, and the wall you used, Lynn? Since there a lot of thing above others it’s not easy to select the right ones and I don’t want to ruin everything.

I just made a new wall in the area just under the back of the plastic, and made sure it was invisible.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

dreamtrap
                          Participant
                            @dreamtrap

i’m getting NO sound/music from the rom even though i changed the volume to 38?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Try this : https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – then make that you first time around when running the table afterwards, exit it so that the rom is initialized. If you do it correctly. Rom info i gone and pinmame isn’t always very happy with that.

dreamtrap
                              Participant
                                @dreamtrap

got it to work but now the ball rolling sound is pretty much drowning out every other sound on the table

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Replace the table script with this code https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/master/Big%20Bang%20Bar%20(Capcom%201996%20).vbs

In the top … adjust – to your liking. 2000 or higher for less sound.

Const VolDiv = 2000 ‘ Lower number, louder ballrolling/collition sound
                                  Const VolCol = 10 ‘ Ball collition divider ( voldiv/volcol )

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  -RpT
                                  Participant
                                    @rpt

Added to my endless to-do list and making note of all this advice for when i revisit this table. Was going to try and polish this up a bit more myself but truth be told since i learned a true 4k version of this table is in the works it’s slipped in my priorities if favor of getting some other tables working… ;)

Cheers @Thalamus for the info its super useful for a novice like myself!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Hardly a novice anymore if you ask me :)

-RpT
                                      Participant
                                        @rpt

Well, thanks to yours and others help i am humbled and honored to finally reach intermediate level in the vpin game! :cry:

Still feels like so much I want to get done and that I most likely don’t understand yet… but I’m pretty lucky as there is a lot of inspiration and cool stuff out there currently (and being worked on). Dare i say we could be in a golden age of vpin when we look at everything available for FREE currently?!

Gotta love this hobby   :yes:

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

I agree. But, I’ve also seen signs of “not so free” that I’m not very happy about, lets put it that way. All my life I’ve been a fan cooperation and sharing stuff for zero dollars. I understand that it takes a whole lot of effort in making the very best that vpx can offer us. When guys ask for money up front to create a new table. Well, that is way over the top for me. Annoyed, yes – very. Been considering leaving VP all together since I saw that to be honest.

I can tell you guys something. Hosting this site pr. example is not free. randr is on his 5th or 6th year doing it – all for free. No commercials, no crap, all on his own bill. Never ever have I seen him complain about it. And that is one of the reasons I chose to help him, for free, to run this site. Only after I accepted, and we had discussions on how to do stuff, did I learn, only because I asked, I should add. On how much he actually pays to keep this up and running for free for everyone.

I guess its has been on my mind for a while now, and I hope that tomorrow I’ll be relaxed saying that I’ve finally at least said my mind about it.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I agree with thalamus 100%  People can do what they want though that’s for sure…

the last week or three or four!!! lol I have taken some time to myself and my own cabinet for a change.

********************************************************
                                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?