Big Shot (Gottlieb 1974)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/big-shot-gottlieb-1974-2/

One of my favorite EM’s – Big Shot by Gottlieb.  This is a near complete rebuild with all new playfield, plastics, backglass and many new sounds.  The rule set has been redone to match real game play as close as possible.

This table can be played in desktop, fullscreen, FSS or VR.  B2S is included in the download.  Options in the script for 3 or 5 ball, turn on/off high score tracking, high score reset and enable/disable dof chimes.  There is also an option to collect bonus in ball by scoring special.  This is off by default as a special scores a replay by the actual rules.

Authors:

• Visuals/Blender – bord
      • Playfield and Plastics redraws – shannon1
      • Physics, scripting, and backglass – rothbauerw
      • Special thanks for Fleep for all the quality sounds and scripting lifted from Theatre of Magic
      • Special thanks to Rawd for the bar VR room used in the VR version
      • Special thanks to loserman and wed21 for their versions of Hot Shot that were used as the base for this table.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Total of 68 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

Beautiful looking. Real team of pros on this one. Fantastic work, guys! Love the “ray-traced” looking lighting reflecting onto the backbox. Nice extra!

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

thanks Roth!  Actually one of my favorite EMs also.  A buddy of mine bought one about 3 years ago for $300 and we got it playing pretty good.  Its been in storage for the last couple of years while he was over seas and i am thinking of offering to buy it from him now.  Cant wait to play it, im sure it will be top notch

Shannon
          Participant
            @shannon1

A really beautiful table….and two great guys to work with!

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Genesis38
            Participant
              @genesis38

You guys never disappoint. Big name title or a new EM to me, it’s always a treat! Thank you so much for your work and releasing this beautiful table :rose:  

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

This ball is heavy!
                Pinball simulation, excellent in every way.
                Thanks a lot to all involved!

Mr_H
                Participant
                  @jhopwood

Awesome! Thanks team, geez the flippers feel great. Again super impressive!

BeachBumTN
                  Participant
                    @beachbumtn

A great EM table and this is a beauty. Thank you!

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

I can’t say enough good things about @Shannon and @bord.

Shannon knocked out those redraws, I forget, in one or two weeks.  Either way, it was way faster than I ever thought possible and the quality is top notch! I couldn’t ask for better quality.

And bord, he’s a true artist.  There aren’t enough superlatives for him and I absolutely love working with him.  This hobby wouldn’t be the same for me without him.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      dustancrouch
                      Participant
                        @dustancrouch

WOW! What an upgrade! Thank you for all your attention to details! Fantastic job!

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

You guys are making it easy to justify building a Borgdog wedgehead!  This is gorgeous, plays amazing and has some fantastic cab sounds!  Thanks for creating/sharing another work of art.

joeplainfield
                          Participant
                            @joeplainfield

Played Loserman’s a lot as I loved this table as a kid. The lighting and gameplay of what you guys did with this  took me back to the dark arcade my parents never wanted me in. Thank you. Almost find myself  looking over my shoulder now watching for the big kids to drop a quarter on the glass  and waiting for me to drain.

arconovum
                            Participant
                              @nicholaschristopher
                              MemberContributor

Looks beyond great guys.. Thanks Roth and Bord.. will try the FSS tonight..

bord
                                @bord
                                MembervipContributorModerator

I can’t say enough good things about @Shannon and @bord.

Shannon knocked out those redraws, I forget, in one or two weeks. Either way, it was way faster than I ever thought possible and the quality is top notch! I couldn’t ask for better quality.

And bord, he’s a true artist. There aren’t enough superlatives for him and I absolutely love working with him. This hobby wouldn’t be the same for me without him.

Always flattering to hear good things from someone whose work you admire. @rothbauerw, it is always a ton of fun working with you – especially when you do all the hard stuff!

@shannon1
                                , terrific work as always. So glad this project came together the way it did.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Looks very nice @rothbauerw. Thank you @bord and @shannon1 too.

On my way out the door for years first fishing trip. Sun is shining and hopefully fish biting. No matter if they do or not, I’ve got something to look forward to when I return. :good:

Jopp
                                  Participant
                                    @joppnl

Lovely!

Can’t help that a have a weak heart for EM-tables as my first real table was one… (Wizard).

So, thank you all authers for this beauty to add, look at it, enjoy the visuals and play!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Peter222
                                    Participant
                                      @swietlikowa

It looks really beautiful, but I don’t know if it’s just me. The ball is moving very slowly? Sometimes like a balloon. Is this about some settings? Only on this table, the Loserman version is OK. VPX 10.6 rev 3788

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Big thanks Guys, love the prev. Versions – esp. Bilard Themed Tables :good:

psssst… more or less 2 “new” Billard Tables on VPF very soon ;-)

rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw

It looks really beautiful, but I don’t know if it’s just me. The ball is moving very slowly? Sometimes like a balloon. Is this about some settings? Only on this table, the Loserman version is OK. VPX 10.6 rev 3788

This is an EM and is meant to be somewhat floaty.  I’ve watched hours of game play footage on this table and tried to simulate it as best I could.  If you want the table to play more snappy, try increasing the slope.  Gottlieb’s recommended slope is 3.5 degrees which is what this table is set at.

Peter222
                                          Participant
                                            @swietlikowa

This is an EM and is meant to be somewhat floaty. I’ve watched hours of game play footage on this table and tried to simulate it as best I could. If you want the table to play more snappy, try increasing the slope. Gottlieb’s recommended slope is 3.5 degrees which is what this table is set at.

I’ve never dealt with a real machine so you’re probably right. I just got used to the Loserman version where the dynamics are higher. Maybe it’s too much there :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?