Big Valley (Bally 1970)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Loserman76
    Participant
      @loserman76
      vipMemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=208951

conversion of PBecker’s VP9x table to VPX

Thanks to PBecker and Itchigo for the VP9x version.

ZIP includes a wheel and B2S

MOD only by permission of ALL parties involved. And for God’s sake, don’t include it as part of a commercial cab.

Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      xphilou29
      Participant
        @xphilou29

loserman week-end! thanks a lot for all your release I love those old tables and your tables in general

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

absolutely love these EM tables with this simplistic graphics.  I think these look really classy.  thanks

joeplainfield
          Participant
            @joeplainfield

I have to get this off my chest. Thanks for all the attention lately to the 70’s tables Loserman. The heyday of pinball before the world switched to dropping coins into video games doesn’t get enough love.

The majority of the real machines left in the wild have trashed playfields and not enough people left  with the patience to adjust all those leaf switches. As a result, few score properly. It was even rare back in the 70’s when they were in arcades to find one that scored properly, The operators didn’t care as long as the coin boxes were still getting filled. Once they stopped making money, they either got trashed or thrown in an old damp warehouse to be forgotten for 30 years,  and a new Pacman machine took its place.

Furthermore, high end collectors will painstakingly repair the playfield and then clear coat it. They just don’t play the same as they almost invariably play faster than they did originally.

VPX is the perfect format to bring these back to life as they actually play the way they were intended.  I know these machines well as I have 19 real machines sitting in my basement and have played pinball my whole life ( I’m 56). I get a much bigger smile on my face seeing a well done VPX version that I ever have finding an old machine sitting long forgotten in a warehouse or basement. Invariably, they are moldy or full of mouse droppings.

You do a great job on these. By extension, thanks to everyone else who has the skill and passion to bring these back to life. I suspect there are a lot of designers and artists who have long ago left us that are smiling down on you guys.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?