Black Hole (Gottlieb 1981)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great table thank you. Noticed that the Bumpers and some other toys didn´t work with DOF. The slingshots are working for example. Am i doing something wrong? Used 2 Roms to test and updated DOF Table config for 3 times now; Bumpers aren´t working. :scratch:

I’ll check out the config tool and script tonight.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw

@arngrim

As far as I can tell, many of the items are not mapped in the DOF Config Tool.  For example, bumpers are tied to sw6 and sw71.  Slings are sw34 and sw72.

If folks can tell me which toys aren’t working, I can identify the switches, solenoids, or lights they are tied to.

Many of the solenoids on this table are tied to lights.  For example, the ball release (L15), re-entry tube gate (L18), lower playfield ball release (L8), lower playfield kicker (L12), re-entry tube kicker (L14), upper playfield kicker (L13), lower playfield relay (L17), and upper playfield relay (L16).

RallyRally
        Participant
          @rallyrally

I’m stuck on VP 10.1 for graphical reasons running on XP. When the ball comes out of re-entry from the lower playfield, it immediately drains out the right outlane. Any suggestions how I can fix this?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I haven’t loaded this in my cab yet but will try it over the weekend

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw

I’m stuck on VP 10.1 for graphical reasons running on XP. When the ball comes out of re-entry from the lower playfield, it immediately drains out the right outlane. Any suggestions how I can fix this?

You must complete one set of drop targets on the lower playfield to open the reentry gate.  What you describe is normal behavior.

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Can anyone tell me, is it just another ROM, if i (dont) want to have Background Sound ?
                I think there was anything with a Script Comand …
                There is also a LTD Rom at VPF, whats this one exactly ?

Arngrim
                Participant
                  @arngrim
                  DOF MinisterMember

@rothbauerw the script is not inline with the dof config, i never map directly in the configtool objects in the playfield that have shared switches

like 4 bumpers use switch 6, that means we need E effects in the script to split them for different contactors, i’m sure that’s how it was in the previous or beta version, i will fix the script over the week end ;)

Bob Albright
                  Participant
                    @bobalbright

I played Black Hole a lot way back when and loved it. I’ve played a lot of VP Black Hole too, and never liked any version of it—till now. Way to go! Plays awesome! Thanks!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw

@rothbauerw the script is not inline with the dof config, i never map directly in the configtool objects in the playfield that have shared switches like 4 bumpers use switch 6, that means we need E effects in the script to split them for different contactors, i’m sure that’s how it was in the previous or beta version, i will fix the script over the week end ;)

@arngrim

Good to know.  I screwed this up. :wacko:

I followed the tutorial and thought those DOF call outs were outdated.

Nemo
                      Participant
                        @nemo

Ahhh, the infamous Black Hole, sure takes me back to the vp9 testing days, this is such a nice job CP, loving the vpx version very much, thanks a million  :good:

cyberpez
                        Participant
                          @cyberpez

Glad everyone is enjoying it!!

@Nemo
                           Those were good times.  I don’t get the scores like I use to though.  I’ve yet to roll the score.  Must be playing more true to the real thing now. :scratch:

@STAT  Try checking the dip setting “f6”  There is a checkbox to disable background sounds.  I’ve not tested these though.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

OMG the holy F6 Key, i always Forget this one lol, thanks :bye:

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

I have a hardware problem right now – but despite – I feel this table plays very nice indeed. Thank you very much wrd, roth and OFC cyber for the update. This release is really for me, at least, an essential upgrade. Love it ! Thanks.,

Ben Logan2
                              Participant
                                @benlogan2

Love the table. Anyone else having trouble getting this one to work in TrueFullScreen? I’ve tried multiple roms.

kds70
                                Participant
                                  @kds70

Love the table. Anyone else having trouble getting this one to work in TrueFullScreen? I’ve tried multiple roms.

No problem here. You checked if ddraw (romsettings in windows registry) is set to “0” ?

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Ben Logan2
                                  Participant
                                    @benlogan2

Totally embarrassed to admit I was thinking I had to change ddraw to “1.” I’ve done this a million times! My memory can be horrible. Thanks, kds70.

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Absolutely top Table, just Play a few Games :good:  … Greetings with my GoodMorningCoffee

kds70
                                      Participant
                                        @kds70

Any news from the DOF / Bumper Problem with this table ? :scratch:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw

Any news from the DOF / Bumper Problem with this table ? :scratch:

Arngrim said he was going to work on the script update this weekend.  I would give it a go, but I don’t have the DOF toys to test with.

ckpin
                                          Participant
                                            @ckpin

Plays really well and all those options make it easy and rewarding to tailor the table; thanks.  This is also my first table with a playfield friction value of 0 and it is fun to play. 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?