Bobby Orr’s Power Play (Bally 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bobby-orrs-power-play-bally-1977/

Bobby Orr’s Power Play (Bally 1977)

Built with great scans provided by a generous Pinsider.

DOF by @arngrim

Play testing by @TheLoafer

PF redraw by CyclonePF

Sound help by Whirlwind and Thalamus

All the fancy scripting courtesy of the rothbauerw tutorials

Total of 62 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Nice surprise! looks great

thank you

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Folks, this is a beauty of a release.  Like all of Bord’s tables, it plays faster than expected initially but that’s because this plays like a real Powerplay just off the factory floor, so new rubbers, etc.  Noawadays, the avg Powerplay played in the wild is beat up beyond comprehension.

And why are they usually beat up?  Because this game is a classic.  Representing the late 70’s, you have the typical drop targets, but this also has a few other items worthy of interest such as the kick-out saucer at the top and the up-post between the flippers (and the tables star rollovers that act as a shield against the up-post so don’t depend on it too much).  Rollovers?  Yep, this table has a record amount, 10 I think?

like other great tables, the design encourages you to explore the different areas.  IE there’s benefit to getting that ball in the top saucer for quick points, there’s benefit in knocking down those drop targets (bonus multiplier up to potential extra ball and special!), there’s benefit in getting the ball up the two upper orbits (advances bonus), there’s benefit in hitting the standup target (up-post.. but watch the center drain!). Those targets are also attractive and you are given upper flippers to bash them, but careful, a missed shot can lead to the ball coming down into the slings and/or the outlanes

Like all great hard pinball machines, a score below 100K is the norm, but learn the table and play smart and above all BALL CONTROL IS YOUR FRIEND and you will see scores that get you that 3 game bonus at the end.  This translation of the real pin plays like the real thing so the same techniques will work here.  The bonus?  Done in VPX, you get Bord’s usual super nice lighting, the table’s hires assets really shine here.  but along with the dazzle-dazzle, you get Bord’s tuned up physics so the thing plays perfect.  Finally, there’s magic in this table because damn it, the way the ball just cups the kick-out saucer at the top is unreal, so many different variations of a near miss, I’d swear I’m playing the real thing!

Well done Bord, thank you for this commnity gift!

4 users thanked author for this post.
          BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

Nice work as usual bord, may have to fire the cab up again  :good:

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

wow, what a beauty! Amazing detail work in there (reflections, shadows, lit plastic edges, etc.). Nice job Bord!

-Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
              arconovum
              Participant
                @nicholaschristopher
                MemberContributor

AHHhhhh…. wicked bord.. I was going to make that one, now I don’t have too. thumbs up, up and up!

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Bord’s Power Play, a great Table, and not easy :good:

bord
                    @bord

Bord’s Power Play, a great Table, and not easy :good:

Too right. I don’t like ’em easy.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Damn. This looks like a very successful rebuild of a classic. Excited knowing who’s made it and the nice review by Loafer promises for what I now expect from a “Bord” table. Thank you so much ! Downloading and will be playing it in the next hour ! :rose:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      xenonph
                      Participant
                        @xenonph
                        MemberContributor

Another great classic table digitally preserved for all time!!

Love your tables Bord!!

Lighting is spectacular!!

Keep up the great work!!

Carry on.

Micronaut
                        Participant
                          @micronaut

I need help, please, :cry: I can start the table, everything works,but I can choose the flipper that does not move, what can I do? (i play in desktop mode)

bord
                            @bord

I need help, please, :cry: I can start the table, everything works,but I can choose the flipper that does not move, what can I do? (i play in desktop mode)

Are you using 10.5 beta? If not, go into the script and change ‘usesolenoids=2’ to ‘usesolenoids=1’. That’ll get you working.

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

The table looks great and that’s how it plays. Thank you Bord!
                              Also thanks for installing a fresh set of rubbers :)

misfit
                              Participant
                                @edavis

Awesome! I was just looking around for a VPX version of this table about a week ago and disappointed I could not find it. Thanks! I can’t wait to give it a go! :yahoo:

Shamrock1980
                                Participant
                                  @shamrock1980

:good: Plays and looks great. Really happy with this one.  :yahoo:

freneticamnesic
                                    @freneticamnesic
                                    vipModeratorMember

Looks great!

Punch it!

vogliadicane
                                    Participant
                                      @vogliadicane

Wow this looks AND PLAYS absolutely fantastic. Thanks Bord for a real gem in my cab.

Recommendation to all: use the pay Rom, the coin in sound is the very best out there. “Klonnk” coming from the very deep out of my cab, worth every single coin :yes:

And yes I play the table from time to time, after I have inserted 10 or 20 coins with pleasure B-)

bord
                                        @bord

Thanks Bord what a beauty! Great Work!!Thanks so much for putting out all my favorite tables. I own a Power Play in my collection. I like the artwork of the cab. Any chance you will be working on Stern HotHand? thats another fav in my collection. Is there a nice B2S to go with your Beautiful table? Thanks Again Bord :rose:

There is a B2S planned. I have a great source image and the work will be done by a forum member. Stay tuned.

As for Stern Hot Hand. It certainly fits within the era/genre that I like to work on. If I had scans of the playfield and plastics I would certainly add it to my list of projects. Let me know if you’re ever shopping your machine and can do some scanning…

Micronaut
                                        Participant
                                          @micronaut

problem solved after changed selenoid “2” by “1”
                                          excellent job and nice table,

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

ref. earlier discussion about drop targets .. ‘http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/dracula-stern-1979/page/3/#post-62964′

This is a Bally. And for what I’ve heard, Bally’ did have drop targets that are a bit more stubborn. I just wonder if this table would not benefit from using the “new” drop targets ? The new ones, without adjusting, does take a slightly harder hit from what I’ve seen. Of course this can be tuned too. Heard more than once Bowen Kerins saying. Its a Bally, the drop-targets don’t fall ;-)

Again. It is absolutely not a complaint, I’m just curious to what you guys think.

A wonderful table Bord – thank again ! Love it.

Ah – yes, I believe that sw27 and sw28 should be swapped around. (outlane switches) I enabled the alternating special and got credited when it drained on the not lit side. Haven’t been able to drain on the correct one yet.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?