Bobby Orr’s Power Play (Bally 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Nice find, @Thalamus. My switches were backward. 1.0.1 is uploaded with this fix.

I also took the drops off legacy mode. I was never unhappy with the legacy ones and haven’t played around enough with the standard setting but it seems fine. Why not?

Anyone that doesn’t want to download again can swap sw27 and sw28 on the table and turn off legacy mode on the drop targets.

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great table bord. I think blue adv bonus star switch isn’t working.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
          @bord

Great table bord. I think blue adv bonus star switch isn’t working.

Dammit. What moron scripted this table, anyway?

Add this:

Sub sw26_Hit:Controller.Switch(26) = 1 : playsound”rollover” : End Sub
          Sub sw26_UnHit:Controller.Switch(26) = 0:End Sub

I’ll also update the download for those so inclined.

Thanks, @rothbauerw!

Ben Logan2
          Participant
            @benlogan2

The physics on that kicker are fantastic, Bord. Swirl and a miss makes successfully sinking the ball into that hole all the more satisfying. Excellent work!

robertms
            Participant
              @mophead

Love this guys work, top notch in every way. Many thanks Bord, keep’em coming!

bord
                @bord

Love this guys work, top notch in every way. Many thanks Bord, keep’em coming!

Thanks, man. All my work relies on people coming forward with top tier resources. Keep your eyes open for good materials for me.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Finally had a chance to try this and I will say it plays great. Latest update fixed switch and I do like a table that uses the chime unit! Thanks bord for doing the build :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

You said you didn’t give a *beep* about hockey
                    And I never saw someone say that before
                    You held my hand and we walked home the long way
                    You were loosening my grip on Bobby Orr

**From the song Fireworks by The Tragically Hip

Sorry this table reminds me of the song is all, but it’s a beauty table Eh :good:

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Great table Bord, nice work!  Fun table with lost of fast action and great shots, just like hockey.

Since this is a four chime table so the common 3 chime unit won’t work for it unless you double up one of the chimes?  I also see that the standard DOF (at least for mine) from the DOF Config Site is for the non-freeplay version (pwerplay) while this game uses (pwerplab) so be sure to change that and update your DOF config files if you want DOF.  I mention this because it took me a little while to figure out why DOF wasn’t working…

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@scottacus took me a minute to figure out the dof issue as well. So you doubled up one chime…. good idea why didn’t I think of that :) thanks!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                        Participant
                          @scottacus
                          MembervipContributor

Well I tried that late last night but it didn’t seem to work.  Also using DOF didn’t inhibit the audio chime sounds so I need to look into that also…

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

Hey Randr I got a chance to look this over and doubling up the solenoids for the chimes works but the cycle times for the 1000’s scoring is too fast for my chime unit to keep up with so the coil plunger is cycling but not quite making it up high enough to hit the bar.  Since this is running on a ROM I’m not sure that we can slow the cycle time so it looks like I’ll be disabling the chimes in DOF for this table.  Hope your unit is up to the task.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I will test and report back or maybe have my bell as 4th chime.

for IOS and Android

bord
                                @bord

Great table Bord, nice work! Fun table with lost of fast action and great shots, just like hockey. Since this is a four chime table so the common 3 chime unit won’t work for it unless you double up one of the chimes? I also see that the standard DOF (at least for mine) from the DOF Config Site is for the non-freeplay version (pwerplay) while this game uses (pwerplab) so be sure to change that and update your DOF config files if you want DOF. I mention this because it took me a little while to figure out why DOF wasn’t working…

Thanks, Scottacus. I have a Gottlieb unit, too so I have to set up one to repeat or assign the 4th chime to a bell (which I don’t have installed right now). @randr is way ahead of me on that one. My whole DOF system is down as I build a Pinscape system so I didn’t get to test this table at all for chimes.

The default ROM setting was a typo. Should be set to ‘pwerplay’ by default. That is the one arngrim worked with.

The guy that shared the scans with me is also a VPX user and is going to get some actual sound samples from his Power Play machine. I’m looking forward to updating those old chime sounds and will fix the ROM assignment then.

TXT11
                                Participant
                                  @txt11

Is it just me or did the VP9 version have a loud ball rolling sound compared to this new table.  Mine seems very faint?  I’ve reviewed the normal places for fixes to this (Google search pointed to VPForums) but fixes listed there do not seem to help :good:

bord
                                    @bord

Is it just me or did the VP9 version have a loud ball rolling sound compared to this new table. Mine seems very faint? I’ve reviewed the normal places for fixes to this (Google search pointed to VPForums) but fixes listed there do not seem to help :good:

Mine isn’t based on the VP9 version so I should suspect there are differences. Pretty sure on VP9 they left the glass off. I like to keep the glass on my machines.

Mess with the numbers in line 902 of the script, use the sound position editor [pictured], or skip the “fix” and keep on with the VP9 version.

Screen-Shot-2018-02-06-at-7.32.11-AM

-=Dozer=-
                                    Participant
                                      @dozer

I got around to installing this tonight and just wanted to thank you for such a beautiful table.

The lighting is fantastic and I’m really loving the physics and feel of the thing.

Cheers – Dozer.

arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

My last mod of your table bord, which of course I really love it!
                                        And this is with Persistent GI, so more GI is visible during the day, and is configurable.

Bobby-Orrs-Power-Night-Play
                                        Bobby-Orrs-Power-Play-Day

powerash
                                        Participant
                                          @powerash

Thank you Bord.  This is my favourite machine and brings back memories of my misspent youth.  A fantastic recreation.  Well done!

mccorkled
                                          Participant
                                            @mccorkled

Very cool table, I love hockey! I put my coins in and hit enter and receive a Line 1 null error. :\

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?