Bobby Orr’s Power Play (Bally 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

True story. Star Gazer and the mic is dropped.

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

how depressing lol

bord
          @bord

Total overhaul of this game. 2.0 with new textures, meshes, physics… Plays mean!

@cyclonepf
          did a complete redraw of the playfield and sent it to me some time ago. That kicked off this project.

@islander
          provided a cool ball drop script update

@thalamus
          helped with other sound stuff

@theloafer
          playtested

@rothbauerw
          kept improving his tutorials and I’ve tried to keep up

You can switch to the beater scanned playfield by switching the playfield image to “playfield_worn.”

ashleyb
          Participant
            @ashleyb

Another fantastic Bord update. Thank you!

flstclasic
            Participant
              @flstclasic

Awesome Bord! Thanks.

vogliadicane
              Participant
                @vogliadicane

super update, really! Love the physics :yes:

Thanks alot @cyclonepf @islander @thalamus @theloafer @rothbauerw and of course @bord

More and more I really like this table and its layout. Goes to my fav list now…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Down to Cellar with this, thanks Guys :rose:

IMG_20201117_200325

Major Frenchy
                  Participant
                    @steph

Thank you for this beautiful table Bord

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Down to Cellar with this, thanks Guys :rose:

…

Wrong table, that quote is better suited for Whirlwind. :whistle:

I’m headed to ice rink with this! :cough: :cough:

Game 1, 17,200.  Yep, it’s definitely a bord table.  Well done bord … great update!  As with all your tables, this looks fantastic, physics are spot on, and I love those drop targets.  I just got lost for an hour playing this one.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

BillJong
                      Participant
                        @billjong

As a hockey fan, this is a gorgeous table. Thanks!

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

Playing this table is a trip!  Hadn’t played any previous versions so this has really taken me back to riding my bike to the mall!  This table was very popular and helped pinball fend off those new-fangled Space Invader video games until Flash would show up a year or so later.

This looks and plays better than anything my memory has of the original.  Fun bank shot you can make from an idle ball off the up-post to the upper saucer.  Thanks bord and team!  Also love the included worn pf.  Nice feature for these older tables.

I’m also a hockey fan –  Bobby Orr was a household name growing up.  Playing for the Bruins!!  He barely played in Chicago.  But here is one of the most iconic pics in hockey history.  …he’d just scored the goal that won Boston their first Stanley in over 40 years.  Thanks again to everyone that spent time on this.

bobby-orr-goal

Dutchman
                          Participant
                            @dutchguy

I am a hockey fan and play this table a lot! This update looks fantastic, thank you bord! Feels like a early Christmas gift! :good:

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

superb job again @bord.  Table looks amazing, football, baseball and soccer tables are fun but nothing ever beats hockey!!!!  Basketball can suck my nuts….

On this table is the chime unit in the backbox?

bord
                                @bord

@armyaviation – I believe chime box is middle left on this cab. Do I have the sounds placed incorrectly? I blame @thalamus.

Honestly, I never hear the digital chimes because I have DOF chimes.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

yes the digital chimes are set to backbox.  I wish i had a chime unit but maybe later.  no room.  Wasnt sure if maybe they put them in the back or something

bord
                                    @bord

yes the digital chimes are set to backbox. I wish i had a chime unit but maybe later. no room. Wasnt sure if maybe they put them in the back or something

Definitely my favorite DOF toy. The nice thing about the Gottlieb chime boxes (and maybe others) is that they are wall mountable so they can sit above the stuff on your cab floor if you’re out of room.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know where the chime units are located on this machine. Probably NOT in the backbox. What I’ve said, more than once, is that I prefer to have them in the backbox though, together with the knocker. I don’t remember moving them there on this table. What I do remember was that I made the chime samples much less noisy. If you want realistic chimes, they will of course be fixed and much louder than what sounds samples are. The problem will still be there though. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen chimes placed both all the way to front left, and right back. The next best thing, for me at least. Is to see to that the chime sounds come out as clear as possible. You can always get the old version and compare ;)

yrplace18
                                      Participant
                                        @yrplace18

My older version of the game worked fine , but this update says the ROM can’t be found. Anyone know where I can find the correct one ?

Thanks

Rajo Joey
                                        Participant
                                          @joey2001

Fantastic update. Thanks @bord. :good:

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

A little busy with work so I’m late in offering my congrats on this stellar of a release.  Simply put, it’s fantastic.  When this table was released back in the day, one of the focus point is that saucer at the top and the pop bumpers under it.  Because it’s a focal point, its one of those VP tables that can lead to a hit/miss feel when comparing to a real table, if excellent of execution isn’t there.  With that in mind, I challenge anyone to play the real table, then play this recreation and not be amazed at how Bord nailed how the ball comes off the pop bumpers and how the near misses on that sauce just feel so superbly correct.  Accuracy of shots is paramount to success, but bad shots can make you pay the price too. Everything is spot on with this table and as it is with Bord’s releases, playing intelligent pinball will lead to the potential of a good score but also like real pinball, it’s never an automatic because the design was made to eat quarters and man, that applies here too.

Thanks for your contributions, it’s a pleasure to help out in any way and we are lucky to have you!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?