Bone Busters

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    thunderman
    Participant
      @thunderman

btw if need help finding images of any table let me know. obstructions, perspective can be fixed.

“what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.

Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.”

Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

I just re-read this thread to see if I could understand what is needed.  If traces are OK, then I think I can provide both plastics.  I did the mainly clear one as a test. If this is acceptable, then I could do the main one as well.

Scotty VH
          @scottt
          ModeratorMember

path917

Scotty VH
            @scottt
            ModeratorMember

The shape of the main one is hard to detect from the images.  I attached two samples, A and B of what might be the shape.  32Assassin, if you have the shape of your primitive, I could also just fit my work to that.

flowRoot1311            flowRoot1325

Scotty VH
              @scottt
              ModeratorMember

Definitely not perfect, but would this fit?

Cleanup

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

plastics have been made, I got the shape from the low quality image posted and used the puppet wrap in Photoshop to fix the images posted

just need to put the finishing touches on the table

BB

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

3 users thanked author for this post.
                Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Nice looking preview 32a ! :good:

Pinbolt
                  Participant
                    @pinbolt

Looks very good.

sheltemke
                    Participant
                      @sheltemke

The screenshot looks amazing this will be a very fun table i’m sure. :whistle:

roccodimarco
                      Participant
                        @roccodimarco

Hey 32, I figure you’re busy with some other projects. Any word on when this one is coming? I have checking daily for this one to drop!

sheltemke
                        Participant
                          @sheltemke

Bone Busters and Stargate. So amazing choices.

arkadejohn
                          Participant
                            @arkadejohn

ok, so welcome me, I have pm’d Thalamus recently to introduce myself. I thank all those who contributed over the years and have enjoyed the work and effort. My partial vp has been in the attic a few years and just recently blew the dust off and started trimming it. We uncovered our Bone Busters table getting ready for a refresh of rubber and updates, our very old house has been remodeled and there has been a ton of dust to clean off of the toys (grandkids and covid).

I tinkered with vp/fp shortly after doing a bunch of mame & such. I (my wife as a gift to her) own a Bone Busters for about 20 years.  I stumbled across pinmame early on not realizing what it was and where it was going (puzzled look at the dmd’s, then the lightbulb flashed).

I had previously written a 65xx disassembler to run down a crazy “enter your initials” bug that drove me nutz. dumping the roms and going over the code.

anyway, maybe a little late or a little early (at least for me), i am willing to help advance this table if possible since we both still enjoy playing it, it is a fun table, always good at parties, and fast, strong flippers that can hit the glass and jump the rails, which we like, we would never part with it.

My favorite story was telling a bunch of kids at my sons birthday party to bring quarters next time to play (jokingly), only to have a long line at the door the next day with pockets full of quarters, I panicked for a moment, opened the door and said, games are free, and I spent the rest of the day emptying the coin box since they loved feeding quarters even though i could flick the microswitch for them, something about that experience i guess (can I blame them).

I am trying to familiarize myself with setups and tables existing but lack experience in the coding of recent but I am willing to try if I can help.

I have noticed a few quarks in the table compared to the physical table but it does play awesome very much like the real table, I do have a working nudge board to help which it and many other tables require. I definitely have to have the volume up full as on the real table for the looping track, can never get it out of my head, it thumps (requires a few watts of juice, the hallway lights used to dim with the out-dated KT wiring in the house).

Thanks for the previous releases and the current much improved vpx versions of the game. This was an awesome update, love playing it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            sheltemke
                            Participant
                              @sheltemke

May i ask any news on this WIP guys? ;-)

arkadejohn
                              Participant
                                @arkadejohn

Hi, as far as any updates, I’ve been struggling through setups and tables trying to get a grasp on current setups. The majority of my systems are normally linux with pinball being the only exception.

I cloned my pin machine to a second drive on my laptop (i7 quad) in hope of roughing into the table code. its hard to sit at a pin machine to do code. i doubt a vm would be helpful.

I mostly offered any assistant on table (bb) specific questions to anyone if interested, my wiring on table needs updated, it plays but has bad grounds which need beefed up.

so progress slow for me until i can become more proficient.

my chromebook is near worthless for developement, its a glorified cellphone with a virtual linux.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

I think he was referring to updates for bone busters

arkadejohn
                                  Participant
                                    @arkadejohn

yes, understood.

i wish to help out, was just venting start-up issues.

the table plays great, just if there is anywhere i can provide art since i have the table.

i noticed a few odd things in play, just happening at high ball speeds so hard to watch.

thanks.

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

this table has been done  for some time  the  only thing is that

I was trying to figure out the function for all the solenoids

Gottlieb tables have double functions for their solenoids

Solenoid # (ON) +  Light 13 (ON)  =  Function 1

Solenoid # (ON) + Light 13 (OFF) = Function 2

as you can see by my code

https://pastebin.com/ciqkGwPA

Solenoid 4-7-8   have not been identified

the service manual has Sol 1-2-3 5-6 identified

the only reference to Sol 7-8  are  Q1, Q2,  Q55, Q56 and Q53

I know they are for the Backglass but I have no idea what they do

if you have the table please do us all a favor and identify this functions so that the table can be released.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      CyclonePF
                                      Participant
                                        @cyclonepf

Is any of the information from this page useful?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-needed-on-gottlieb-system80b-please

The first post mentions that “solenoid 4 controls the skull flasher”. I have no idea what that means since I don’t know this game.

Also, in the 2nd picture of the first post, there is a section of a schematic that shows the solenoid 4 and 7 signals in the bottom left corner. They seem to be used in the circuitry for the “left ball gate”, “right ball gate”, and “skull jaw relay” signals. I have no idea if that is of any help.

arkadejohn
                                        Participant
                                          @arkadejohn

hey, first, awesome work on this table as well other stuff.

it really does play very close to real table, yes, i have the table, and yes, i realize it’s done. i saw questions on art such as the green widget, upper right corner, yes it is plain green. i have been weeding thru forum trying to look for un-answered questions since only getting (re) started into this. also, hard to get on virtual system, xyl has the bug again and can’t stop playing (heh)

as far as quarks, i saw a few things but even the real table had odd issues. many times pulling out the glass to dig out the ball. it  really flies on this table. swear the glass would break when the ball hits it.

when i dumped the roms years ago, i was still using a kaypro (z80) and such. (i go back a good bit, i have original dr cpm manuals)

grabbed your code, references to the solenoids, i misplaced the real manual (attic) but have pdf handy.

as mentioned earlier, the table runs, but i minimize use since i need to update the wiring, audio goes nutz while playing. tarnished connectors. planning to refurbish soon.

the machine i have is a latter model without skully, i didn’t know about at the time, i have been looking into adding at some point but challenging acquiring parts ($$$).

i will try to dig into schematic to see where wires go, the table is in the hallway, accessible, i saw the skully connector if related. will try to ring out soon, i see another

(cyclonepf) investigating as well. i grabbed a bunch of info on skully a while back, fairly simple operation, like audio taunts firing.

sheltemke
                                          Participant
                                            @sheltemke

this table has been done for some time the only thing is that

I was trying to figure out the function for all the solenoids

Gottlieb tables have double functions for their solenoids

Solenoid # (ON) + Light 13 (ON) = Function 1

Solenoid # (ON) + Light 13 (OFF) = Function 2

as you can see by my code

https://pastebin.com/ciqkGwPA

Solenoid 4-7-8 have not been identified

the service manual has Sol 1-2-3 5-6 identified

the only reference to Sol 7-8 are Q1, Q2, Q55, Q56 and Q53

I know they are for the Backglass but I have no idea what they do

if you have the table please do us all a favor and identify this functions so that the table can be released.

Thank you so much for the info :)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?