Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    drwannarey
    Participant
    @drwannarey

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=139761

This is my first ever table. It’s a mod of onevox’s brilliant Cuphead table.

A tribute to David Bowie.

To avoid copyright issues, you will need to add your own music files if you wish. (You don’t have to to play the table).

To add music, place your favorite 10 Bowie songs in the Music folder, and rename them “Bowie1.mp3” through “Bowie10.mp3, BowieAttract.mp3 and BowieHighScore.mp3”.
    In the table script file, uncomment lines 515 to 549 and 2364 by removing the ‘ at the beginning of each line.
    Uncomment the reference to BowieHighScore.mp3 in line 3246 by removing the ‘.
    Determine the length in milliseconds of each song using software like Audacity; this allows for looping the song if you are good enough to play through an entire song.

Change the last 6 digit number that corresponds to each song.

eg: Case 1:PlayMusic”BowieMusic1.mp3″:m02.enabled=true:m02.interval=230700
    230700 milliseconds = 3 minutes 50 seconds 700 milliseconds.

3 x 60 seconds x 1000 = 180000, plus 50 x 1000 = 230000, plus 700 milliseconds = 230700

Let me know if you find any issues. Like I said, this is my first ever crack at doing a table.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Is this mod ok to approve by @onevox I assume no? Yes?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

drwannarey
    Participant
    @drwannarey

Removed.

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

This is up at VPF currently. Hope we don’t have another bigus thing going on here.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Very odd! I asked if he had permission and he never responded so he uploads to vpf? So this is now acceptable to upload unauthorized mods to vpf?

for IOS and Android

drwannarey
    Participant
    @drwannarey

I’d already uploaded it on VPF and it was approved. I’m getting it removed from there too.

Didn’t realize there was so much politics involved in visual pinball tables. Sorry for causing a fuss. I’m done.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

All you need to do is ask original table author if it’s ok to release a mod of his hard work! Is that so hard to do?

for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

I suspect conspiracy to troll. But then my theory is everything is a conspiracy.

no one just jumps in and starts working on and releasing VP tables without having to do some research on processes in the forums. No one goes to the forums and doesn’t encounter some discussion on etiquette. So, it’s a troll.

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

Apology received and accepted.

Onevox

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

It’s a cool concept for a table, would have been fun to try out. Hope to see other ideas from @drwannarey in the future w/ permission to mod.

Draifet
    Participant
    @draifet

Maybe a detail, but I didn’t liked something beside not asking for permisson, I have seen a screenshoot of the table and the author of this unauthorized mod put a visible “table by Andy Warner” on the playfield, nothing about the original author. Nice concept doing a Bowie theme, but big ego for only a few modified images.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Well said @draifet. I understand the temptation of putting your name on something you are proud to of. I also understand why people want to upload their mods, whatever small the change is. Honestly, only people who have made a table from scratch, or been in this community “long enough” should be allowed to upload mods. They know how much work it is to actually build something from the bottom up and I can assure you that they would not even dream of leaving the previous authors work unmentioned. B-)

Onevox
    Participant
    @rooster

@thalamus That became abundantly clear with Cuphead’s development. I definitely developed a reverence for what authors and devs do. “The Flash” was a nice mental walk up a grassy hill. Cuphead was scaling a mountain. Couldn’t have done it with out the sherpas.

Onevox

drwannarey
    Participant
    @drwannarey

I look forward to someone doing a Bowie table.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW