Bram_Stokers_Dracula_Thal_mod

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks for the compliments guys. Fun to see you Robert, talking about eerie visuals, much because of you, physics, again, stolen stuff, from Roth. I feel like a real Pirate -yarrrn. Still open for feedback on the mist mb. I did try some things yesterday, not valid for a update and not tested enough, but, if you are struggling with that happening, again, I would like to know. I will QC play it a couple of days and share it with anyone that struggles with that problem – if it looks promising on my end.

forte
      Participant
        @forte

love this table, the multiball is quite hard to get  (at least to me) and i still cant kill dracula, thank you very much for this release

Thalamus
          @thalamus

Don’t focus on Dracula alone. If you manage to train a little bit so that your percentage of those ramps are getting higher, you will stand a much higher chance of killing him and his wife(s). Those ramps are very important to get good at. A good carrot is trying to beat your own loop champion.

maloti
          Participant
            @maloti

Can someone help me ?

I downloaded all the files and put them in the folders. .but giving 2 errors:

Line 117
            Undefined variable: NoUpperRightFlipper
            and
            Cant Start Game drac_l1
            Variable not defined

Thalamus
              @thalamus

The second error is probably because of the first one.

For the NoUpperRightFlipper to work, you have to update VP, and I recommend updating Pinmame too while your at it.

maloti
              Participant
                @maloti

Hi Thalamus,

They are up to date.
                VP 10.7rev. 4098 and Vpinmame V. 3.3

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Then you haven’t been a good boy and kept your tables folder clean of old *.vbs scripts. Probably core.vbs as this was added a few revisions back. core.vbs should ONLY be found in scripts folder – period ! Maybe you’re one of the guys that doesn’t upgrade their scripts folder .. when updating ? If so, big mistake.

Clean any *.vbs from any vp folder you find, anywhere, put them into the vp scripts folder. Then download 10.7 beta again. Take all the *.vbs files you find in that archives scripts folder and put them into the VP scripts folder – overwriting them all, and you should be good. If you have ssf, you will get a great sound improvement by doing so too.

flstclasic
                  Participant
                    @flstclasic

Thank you for this one Thalamus!

maloti
                    Participant
                      @maloti

Yes … yes..yes …. I did as you were told. Now it worked ! :)
                      Thanks for your help.
                      Great job … Congratulations !!! :) :)

How does this ssf work ?? What do I have to do ? Could you explain to me please?
                      Regards

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Well, if you have 7.1 output on your computer. You can add more speakers and get surround sound – that is the basic short version. There should be enough info in more details searching the subject.

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

Thanks for this Dracula version @thalamus. Looks and plays very nice.

Had some problems to “get warm” with nfozzy´s flipper physics in this table; i think it´s working alright and as it should.

Sometimes the ball seems a bit to lightweighted. Not the ballmass as reason (must be 1.0 i for this flipper physics) but take a look if the ball gets bounced between flippers and slingsshots. Most times the ball gets out so fast and your eyes even can´t notice it and the ball seems to be very light in this moment.

I am back on cab playing and testing (something with allover rubber friction).

Once more … thank you ;-)

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

I agree with your observations. I’ve been fiddling with the physics, tweaking it back and forth for a long time and I had already decided that I would release it the day before I ripped all the physics ( which was already stolen from RothFozzy, just with differnt profile and with me changing it a bit from the “recommended” ) to a different setup. After that I had many good games and it felt better than what I had.

What I’m getting at is that this isn’t exactly where I wanted the physic to end up, but, god damn close and better than what I had. As it plays now, I’m happy with it, maybe some day, and the way I do things. Jumping in, tweaking here and there in a bit chaotic fashion some day will move it further in the direction where I want to. But, I kind of gave up on for now and decided that it was close enough and wanted to share what I at least enjoyed immensely.

There will be a update coming. Currently planned, late this week or maybe early next week. I’m trying to get rid of the issue that a few of you have had with mist mb. ( not many – but, I hate to leave it like this if I can actually find a fix ) and @LOstSOul have given me a great pf replacement and some updated gi lights that we’re going to implement. I currently haven’t planned any changes, except these two. But, who knows. I just haven’t played the table enough after the changes I did just before the release – which I guess the “failing” slingshot problem was a proof of.

remy
                            Participant
                              @remy

Thank you !

kds70
                              Participant
                                @kds70

What I’m getting at is that this isn’t exactly where I wanted the physic to end up,

No problem. Yesterday evening i was trying some things with allover rubber settings & frictions and something else. Had a bit luck; but nothing to compare here. Need more time to take a closer look and to understand whats happening there sometimes. Not so easy …

Anyway: it´s an awesome table :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Mark70
                                Participant
                                  @mark70

Fun Fact – Easter Egg

When the ball goes into that marked left hole and the DMD shows the animation, press a flipper button to see an additional animation and collect another 5.000.000 points.

BD

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

That’s not a easter egg, that’s a pro tip @mark70 ;)

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Changes 1.1 :

– modified sling, scatter angles and rubber settings by @kds70.
                                      – stole more stuff, ball shadow from Kiwi, you might have to tune them depending on your LUT preferences.
                                      – all new playfield from @LOstSOul.
                                      – yellow flippers from @LOstSOul (script option).
                                      – defaults now to slings without decoration (script option)
                                      – finally fixed the slings. I hope :)
                                      – tried to fix the mist multiball. I know some have never had isses. I think it is a timer issue, seeing two different things depending on how powerful of machine it is run on. Hope I didn’t mess it up for those that it was working for. If it does – let me know.
                                      – fixed some sounds I had planned to implement.
                                      – provided the original pf image, if you want to swap back. Open table manually. Go to table -> image manager in the menu, scroll down to dracula_new_pf, now press the “Reimport from” button. Now pick the attached playfield image.

A special thanks to robertms, @vogliadicane, the vp devs and Dozer. All of which I forgot to mention in the original release.

9 users thanked author for this post.
                                      sheltemke
                                      Participant
                                        @sheltemke

There was 1 thing i were not 100% happy with the previous version: the inserts looks.

Now it’s perfect with the new playfield.

Thank you so much for this masterpiece Thalamus :) I will play this a lot i’m sure.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Replace Thalamus for LOstSOul – and you will be thanking the guy that deserve it.

sheltemke
                                          Participant
                                            @sheltemke

You right, not read the entire changelog yet.

Thank you so much L0stS0ul too for the new playfield :)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 94 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?