Bram_Stokers_Dracula_Thal_mod

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    naeromagus
    Participant
      @naeromagus

Thanks so much Thalamus. You have taken a table that I frequently play. And pushed the factor by 100% (sounds, play feeling, fun factor) really dig the flipper option.  With all of the mod(s) that have been recently released. I’m glad that I didn’t skip over this. This is a much appreciated release. Not just some upscale lighting B.S. mod Much thanks ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      bawouait
      Participant
        @yoyobis

Hi, it’s just to tell you that the ball output switch on the right doesn’t work ^^

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Oh ? Ok, I’ll have a look at that, and if it is correct, thank you for reporting it instead of making a “fix the table” mod of it. :good:

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Got a chance to play the normal version and the VR version.  Great job on this Thalamus, it’s def an improvement over previous versions (which were good!). It shows your take on it seems to be derived from a place of affection for this table. This version now plays harder, more real so that’s a big win here

This is a table I had sworn to purchase one day, prior to my exit of the real pinball owners club.  IT’s a terrific game though limited I guess in modes for some, I still don’t get tired of the mist multiball gimmick.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Thanks for the nice feedback from you and the rest of the community. BSD is actually a machine I hated as young, it kept stealing my pocket money way too fast and I had no one explaining to me how it could be played. Without VP I don’t think it would be ranked all the way up there among my favorite tables. Learned and practiced on ICP’ very nice build. Been attending tournaments where it has come up a lot of times and as mentioned. Was on location in my favorite pinball bar for quite a while. That’s when I started tweaking it some. It still hasn’t got the full RothFozzy treatment, script should be ready for it – but, I had already started tweaking other tables, so, that is where my focus shifted. In case someone wonders. I haven’t got any immediate plans to implement those. Maybe some day in the future. The whole rubber dampening thing is just something I need to spend more time on. I would not be surprised if I stole and implemented the recommended setting for that too, the machine would improve even more. But, I rather experiment on a different table that needs it more.

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Did play it yesterday and boy what a nice version of the table! Plays extremely well and has that “just one more game” feel to it!

Thanks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                sheltemke
                Participant
                  @sheltemke

Thanks Thalamus and all involved., I used to own BSD and I absolutely have a love for this table. I was having issues with mist multiball coming back across the playfield if you missed knocking it off of its trajectory, Ill give this a go and see if it fixes the issue. I appreciate all the work that goes in to this table. I love to see tables like this given some love.

Same here unfortunately. Offen the multiball starts even if you miss the knocking shot. Sometimes the Floating ball not even start to move but multiball starts. Interesting.

Maybe i just play too much with this table lol.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Yes. Unfortunately. This seems to happen on a few machines. Very hard for me to fix it since I don’t have access to any computer where this happens anymore. It used to be a problem on my old desktop machine, but, after the changes I’ve made it seems now to be fixed. Or I should say. I haven’t seen it happen in a while. I don’t play much on that desktop machine, still though, I did play quite a lot to see if I was able to resolve it or make it worse, so it is not like this is untested changes.

Those that are still having issues. You can always try to change the values for the mist ball starting at line 1052.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

@yoyobis is right about the right outlane. Had time to test it today. It is possible to pass the switch without hitting it. I don’t think a new upload is required. Open table, enable only layer1 for easier access. Use element selector to find sw38. Zoom into the object. Select the upper right and lower right control point on that switch. ( hold down shift – pressing inside the circles ) – now move them out the the right ( hold down shift, while pressing right arrow key ). x coorinate around 829 or so should be more than enough.

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

“Welcome to my home.” :good:

jbsbeach
                        Participant
                          @jbsbeach

First off, thank you so much for this version.  Looks and sounds amazing and the ball feels so good.  I am having trouble with the mist multiball though but I think it’s a different issue than the others reported.  The ball travels too fast across the board.  If I miss the shot it is gone before the ball even makes it to the flippers.  Is there a value or anything I can change to slow the ball traveling across the field?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

You can look at the MagnetPos inside the MotorTimer. You will there find a comment where I add 0.6 instead of 1. You will also see me add 0.6 later on, in the other direction. It used ot be faster. That routine controls the speed, and strength of the magnet. I don’t think that the magnet is traveling too fast now, but, hey, this is VP.  Don’t like it – change it :)

jbsbeach
                            Participant
                              @jbsbeach

Thank you so much.  That solved my issue.  I must have tabbed down there or something when I was in the script to see what options were available and didn’t even know it.

7x4x1z
                              Participant
                                @cookieraid

Fantastic table! Thank you, and thank you for the altcolor! :yahoo:

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?