BUG in DOF Config

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
      @osujd

I have recently installed lucky’s dmddevice.dll and ini to leverage the colored DMD ability of my PinDMD3.  Its pretty slick but I notice on the Stern Spiderman table I am seeing a bug where if I get the DOC Oc’s magnet my DOF will vibrate the shaker motor and freeze my rear right solenoid and 3 lights on the light bar.  Could this pinmame related or just a bug in DOF config? I hadn’t noticed this issue with Spiderman before however I hadn’t been playing that table all that much either.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

You should be very careful with soleniods freezing up. If they stay on, they can burn out. Zeb believe that this was the cause of my burn circuit board that he is replacing.

Sorry, can’t help you on the actual question – I don’t know enough about DOF yet.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I don’t have the table to test but it’s either a bad call in table script or config on tool not right with that version of table. I would suggest removing the call from your config and see if helps? Could also be the pindmd from lucky but I doubt it’s that

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Josh
          Participant
            @osujd

Thalmus I know all to well about torching Zebs boards….I am not on my 3rd repaired board :)

randr when you say remove that call….is that done on DOF or on the table….I am not sure how all these things communicate

wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

You should be very careful with soleniods freezing up. If they stay on, they can burn out. Zeb believe that this was the cause of my burn circuit board that he is replacing. Sorry, can’t help you on the actual question – I don’t know enough about DOF yet.

I had one melt into black goo and stank the room up for days. Not good. Might be good to factor in a fail safe like a slow blow fuse or similar.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

I have played this table a bunch of times with the color DMD, just played again and had no issues.  :unsure:

Also for those with burning solenoids make sure to install Zebs suggested output clear utility.

http://www.zebsboards.com/index.php/forum/p-and-f

My buddy had the same sticking/burning/melting issue, so I’m really paranoid about listening for a stuck on Solenoid when powering off my machine.

Josh
                Participant
                  @osujd

All I updated my table configs all seems to be working now….thanks for the input

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?