Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball (Bally 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/bugs-bunnys-birthday-ball-bally-1991-wvr-room/

Welcome to my Bugs Bunny’s Birthday Ball refresh – version 2.3a for VP10. This table has undergone a tremendous amount of refinement and includes countless new visual details, all new lighting, all new physics, better sound effects additional table options.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, flupper, DJrobx, Benji, Sixtoe, Iaakki and bord for heavily contributing to this latest refresh. Can’t thank you guys enough.

The table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the last year or so, and really looks and plays, better than ever.

Credits:

• Concept by John Trudeau, Python Anghelo
      • Design by: John Trudeau
      • Art by: Python Anghelo, John Youssi
      • Mechanics by: Jack Skalon
      • Music by: Paul Heitsch
      • Sound by: Paul Heitsch
      • Software by: Dan Lee, Dwight Sullivan
      • Bugs Bunny’s Birthday Ball (Bally 1991)for VP10.6 Final Release or >
      • Initial table design and scripting by “Bodydump” and completed by “wrd1972”
      • Playfield graphics remaster by “Brad1X”
      • Ramp textures, GI baked lights, shadows, and other tweaks by “Benji” and “iakkii”
      • Plastics primitives, mesh playfields and other 3D modeling by “Cyberpez”
      • Additional scripting assistance by “cyberpez” and “Rothbauerw”
      • Clear ramp primitives and sidewalls by “Flupper”, “Bord”
      • Lighting scripting, and Looney Tunes dome decals by “nfozzy”
      • Lighting by “wrd1972”
      • Physics by “wrd1972”, partially based off of “nfozzys physics”
      • Looney Tunes Domes and Henhouse primitives by “Zany”
      • DT table scoring reels and DT backdrop by “32Assassin”
      • DOF and Controller by “Arngrim”
      • Sound enhancements by “Rusty Cardores” and “DJRobX”
      • Flipper trajectory fix by “nFozzy, Rothbauer”
      • Positional sounds and additional sound scripting help by Thalamus
      • Flipper, rubber, bumper, and other MISC collision sounds by “Fleep, nickbuol, CalleV, Nicolas Mazaleyrat, Jon Osborne”
      • Prim inserts by “Flupper” and “Benji”
      • VR Room options and misc fixes by “Sixtoe”, original minimal room by “Pgheyd”.
      • Very special thanks to “Bodydump” for allowing me to complete his table

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Jeez what a Saturday for the cab!  :yahoo:  thanks for doing this one it’s such a neat machine.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

Thanks for the hard work.  I love this table  :good:

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

Thanks Bill, nice work on both of them.  do you have a preferred b2s that you use with them?  I think there are a couple out there.. or maybe not…

Chapel
            Participant
              @chapel78

And the hits just keep on coming. Been following your work on this one. Thanks for the hard work and great job on the tables.

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Wow. The ramps look crazy good.

Laylow
                Participant
                  @pinlow
                  MemberContributor

Wow, another amazing table, thanks guys looks and plays awesome!!

Ah

ninuzzu
                  Participant
                    @ninuzzu
                    vipMember

Wow. The ramps look crazy good.

Flupper’s magic touch :)

thanks all for this!

Clark Kent
                    Participant
                      @clarkkent
                      MemberContributor

Great release wrd1972! Finally I can shoot the ramp with the upper left flipper! :)

I found some small things: rsling1 and 2 are collidable (shouldn’t be), strangely in my download the pf friction was set to 0 (I set it to the value I’m using recently: 0,065), I think the end angle of the flippers are too steep (on B/W machines it’s more like 71 than 67), bumper1 is triggering too easily and is catching the ball too long in that area (I think you should slightly move it to the upper left so it’ exactly over the primitive, I think the bumpers are too weak: 9 or 10 would be better than 7), the ball rolling sounds are not fully ok (some double and too silent) – maybe you should delete the silent ones (there are too many sample in there anyway – you only need 3 or 4) and reduce the value in line 915 from 4000 to 1000 or 500 in the script so you can actually hear the ball rolling.

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

Thanks a bunch! I played the beta a lot and love the cartoon style :),

jbg4208
                        Participant
                          @jbg4208

Excellent, thanks Bill.  :good:

Clark Kent
                          Participant
                            @clarkkent
                            MemberContributor

If you like, I can provide a dropbox link to the version with the corrections I did. I ask before providing it.

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

Glad everyone is enjoying it.  I will address CK’s concerns right away.

CK,

Please send me a link with your revisions ASAP.

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
                              Participant
                                @wrd1972
                                MembervipContributor

Thanks Bill, nice work on both of them. do you have a preferred b2s that you use with them? I think there are a couple out there.. or maybe not…

This is the one I use. Think it might have come from Wildman.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/luox0olq0egcovy/Bugs%20Bunny%20Birthday%20Ball%20%20%28Bally%201989%29_WIP.directb2s?dl=0

Only issue with it is the blue Alpha/numeric LEDS. They are supposed to be the common orange color. There are also a couple of flashers in the image that are missing. Maybe Haunt can put a out a new one if he has the time. I can provide a video of the working BG.

Pinbolt
                                Participant
                                  @pinbolt

Thank you wrd for this fantastic table and the update for dr. dude.

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Update:

Colidable R1 and R2 rubbers…fixed.

Flipper angles fixed. Now better match my real BBBB (dont know how I missed that one)

Duplicate sound files deleted

Ball rolling volume set to 2000. IMO, 1000 is just a bit too loud.

Pop bumpers placement better dialed in.

Pop bumpers strength set to 10.

Regarding PF friction. I believe you need to refer to the “mainPF” wall that is located in layer 8. This is the actual PF surface. Its friction is currently set to 0.05

If I am correct, the typical “table…PF friction setting do not work to tweak this table. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone can confirm.

New rev is up in the DL section. It still is described as 1.0.

Naboodiver
                                    Participant
                                      @naboodiver

Man you nailed it..   What a great recreation.   You have out done yourself.    Thanks for sharing and thanks to everyone that contributed to this very fun table.

Clark Kent
                                      Participant
                                        @clarkkent
                                        MemberContributor

Sorry wrd1972, I just saw your request to send you my corrected file. Do you still need it? But I think you already found all necessary things. I’ll check your new version…

ALDiode
                                        Participant
                                          @aldiode

Thanks for the great table Bill. I was going to ask if anyone else is losing their Daffy Duck captive ball but I see that it happens during Laylow’s  gameplay video above just before the 2:00 minute mark. After hitting the ball upwards toward Daffy’s head, it starts to settle downward and then by the time you lose the ball you are playing it disappears altogether and does not come back unless and until you exit and re-start the table. Where does it go?

AL

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Hmmm….I will look at it today. That feature as been a tough to get right but I recently re-positioned the posts that capture the ball.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 262 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?