Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball (Bally 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    wrd1972
    Participant
      @wrd1972
      MembervipContributor

Update. I plan on hopefully, one  last update for the initial release.

The captured ball issue is fixed. Resolved a few more lighting issues. Randr is doing a quick prim tweak on the apron wire which I want to get in this rev.

Look for it maybe tonight or tomorrow.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

Is it just me, or are the main flippers really really dark?  i see you switch between two images depending on gi lights, but the dark is almost black and the lighter is still very dark.  The upper flipper seems to be fine.

thanks fun table.

ALDiode
        Participant
          @aldiode

Update. I plan on hopefully, one last update for the initial release. The captured ball issue is fixed. Resolved a few more lighting issues. Randr is doing a quick prim tweak on the apron wire which I want to get in this rev. Look for it maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Bill,

Your customer service dept. is off the charts amazing! :good:

Thanks

AL

Attachments:
          wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

Okay guys.

Latest rev 1.0 is up and ready to download. Hopefully everything works. Made some more lighting changes and a few more graphical tweaks. Enjoy.

Bill

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

2 users thanked author for this post.
            BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

dude, you need to increment those numbers this is at least the third 1.0, makes you look like a slacker or something :)  j/k   :good:

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

He says  latest 1.0 :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                Participant
                  @wrd1972
                  MembervipContributor

Bad habbit I have learned from work. ;)   You know its permissible to re-rev an initial release within a 2 week period assuming your not writing Airbus or lottery machine software. State law. LOL

Its now under rev control and will be incremented as needed since its now “stable”.

Clark Kent
                  Participant
                    @clarkkent
                    MemberContributor

In my own opinion I think kicker3 should be 190 degrees and not 183 – or does the ball really touch the left slingshot when shot out of the kicker? And somehow I think the table is still too fast. Sys11 pinball machines were much slower, so I think pf friction 0.7 would be better.

And is my memory fooling me or wasn’t BBBB a 1991 release?

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Ck,

on my real BBBB, the ball glances off the left sling. But I would be happy to reevaluate it and the PF friction. And yes, its a 1991 machine. I think the PF friction is about right though. The ball action in the main PF area can be quite quick even on the real BBBB and especially through the right flipper lane.

I will grab all of the concerns that end up here (including flipper darkness) and run a rev in a week or two.

Thanks for posting your comments. I do appreciate them.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

If people haven’t played this version of BBBB, you missing out, I’m going out on a limb here but i have to say this is the most realistic VP table i have ever played it feel 100% natural, the flow feel just right…. its was never my favorite game, but now because it plays so damn nice… its very enjoyable…
                        you can tell Bill put tons of time into the physics and it show…. if you don’t have it get it!!    :good:

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

Wow thanks or the great review of the table…checks in the mail ;)

Like mentioned before, I spent a tone of time manually rolling and bouncing balls in the real thing to try to dial in the VP table. I even stop-watched the ball rolling from point to point on the table to translate the physics. And of course a bunch of playing as well.

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

It’s great when someone that owns the table can recreate it… all the resources available, and obviously it’s a labor of love as well.

Ben Logan2
                            Participant
                              @benlogan2

It’s really hard to not “like” every comment made in this thread. You guys have said it all. Amazing table. Bill does a fantastic job of inspiring incredibly talented team members to contribute, and seems to lead by example — putting in a ton of labor (of love) into his tables.

I’m always talking about you guys’ work with my wife and kids. It’s a genuine privilege to be in contact with such an amazingly creative, passionate, talented bunch of dudes.

Pinball999
                              Participant
                                @pinball999

Well done!

Here are my FS settings for those interested.

Attachments:
                                8 users thanked author for this post.
                                Clark Kent
                                Participant
                                  @clarkkent
                                  MemberContributor

I still think that the playfield friction should be a lot higher than 0.05. System 11 tables are not that fast (except you have a newly lacquered playfield), I once had a Cyclone and ball was very easygoing. Today I played on a real Bad Cats and it was THAT slow, almost like friction 1.0 or higher in VP. I’m working on a project on which I’m using friction 0.075 which feels realistic to the same table I own in the real world.

I watched a video because of the kicker3 – in the video the ball is shot right onto the left flipper. I think this is they way it should be. At least this would feel right. But if I find different videos I’ll check on that again.

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Let me also check the slope of my real BBBB. What is the generally desired angle?

wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

New rev 1.1 released:

• Another repair of the captured ball issue. Thanks Alan.
                                      • Sidewall images  fixed
                                      • Slight increase of PF friction
                                      • Kick-out hole exit angle revised
                                      • Plastic ramp rolling and gate sounds added
                                      • Slight tweak to FS backdrop

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                      robertms
                                      Participant
                                        @mophead

Thanks wrd, this table is fantastic! And the file is even titled 1.1, yay for progress :yahoo:

chokeee
                                        Participant
                                          @chokeee

I still think that the playfield friction should be a lot higher than 0.05. System 11 tables are not that fast (except you have a newly lacquered playfield), I once had a Cyclone and ball was very easygoing. Today I played on a real Bad Cats and it was THAT slow, almost like friction 1.0 or higher in VP. I’m working on a project on which I’m using friction 0.075 which feels realistic to the same table I own in the real world. I watched a video because of the kicker3 – in the video the ball is shot right onto the left flipper. I think this is they way it should be. At least this would feel right. But if I find different videos I’ll check on that again.

What project are you working on? ;)

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Are you asking me? Or CK?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 262 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?