Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball (Bally 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

You’re a machine wrd.

freelunch
      Participant
        @freelunch

Just like with your DD beta, I love the visual updates.

Concern: I spent about 15 minutes doing nothing but trying to hit the ball up the center ramp, 0% success rate, tried left flipper and right flipper.

And the ball is on logo mode, I assume it was left on by accident.

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

The ramp is now fixed. I added a last minute ball shield ramp that was blocking the center ramp.

Here is a new link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eynl8h1kv80gpey/Bugs%20Bunny%27s%20Birthday%20Ball%20%28Bally%201991%29%201.2j.vpx?dl=0

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

EDIT:  Ignore this then. I should have hit refresh before I submitted ;)

I cant make the ramp shot, the ball comes to a reasonably sudden halt before the back wall.  Everything seems to be playing fine at the stage for me.

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

I’m getting a 404 on the new link :(

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

Well $hit. Lets try again. Three times a charm:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pai3qrwchkrp0eb/Bugs%20Bunny%27s%20Birthday%20Ball%20%28Bally%201991%29%201.2k.vpx?dl=0

I actually tested it this time.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

It’s playing really well here, but I can make it fault…. If I shoot the right ramp with force, the ball will bounce off one of POP blue lane dividers and go over/between/through? the silver wall and end up trapped under POP lanes near the ballpopper/flipper (can just see it in that bright area under Tweety’s right foot)

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

It’s playing really well here, but I can make it fault…. If I shoot the right ramp with force, the ball will bounce off one of POP blue lane dividers and go over/between/through? the silver wall and end up trapped under POP lanes near the ballpopper/flipper (can just see it in that bright area under Tweety’s right foot)

Rusty,

Try to send me an image with a highligted area where you think the ball is.

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Rusty,

I did some more work on that ball shield at the top of the PF. Try this rev:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki6b12c277ka2fz/Bugs%20Bunny%27s%20Birthday%20Ball%20%28Bally%201991%29%201.2m.vpx?dl=0

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

Sorry, I was watching some Netflix.  I’ll give the new revision a go now, but just in case you still need it, you can see the ball under Tweety’s right foot… 

wrd1972
                        Participant
                          @wrd1972
                          MembervipContributor

Ahh I see it. Maybe its fixed now.

RustyCardores
                            @rustycardores
                            MemberModerator

Yep that seems to have fixed it.  ;)

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

I just did a bunch of work on the captured ball area. It was badly out of scale. Its now dialed in. Please try to hit it back and forth and see if its behaving nicely. Also rescaled the Looney Tunes plastic domes to be more accurate and allow the Daffy Big score light insert to be more visible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3krhd0cwc0th3l8/Bugs%20Bunny%27s%20Birthday%20Ball%20%28Bally%201991%29%201.2o.vpx?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              freelunch
                              Participant
                                @freelunch

So I started a “new” multi-ball mode 2 times and couldn’t figure out how, but the thrid time I noticed I knocked the captive ball loose under Daffy/Bugs to start it lol

wrd1972
                                Participant
                                  @wrd1972
                                  MembervipContributor

LOL.

That captured ball has always been a PITA because it goes from the standard PF and angles down to that lower PF. Keeping it captured is the challenge.  Unfortunately, I cant test it on the PC I am on right now, but I can make edits.

Here is a new rev with the Daffy plastic removed so that the ball is clearly visible on both ends. I re-did the invisible ball shield above the lane. Please play the table and concentrate on the captured ball hits from both ends and see if its working properly now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rcq3o6tuk6rz72/Bugs%20Bunny%27s%20Birthday%20Ball%20%28Bally%201991%29%201.2p.vpx?dl=0

Thanks

freelunch
                                  Participant
                                    @freelunch

Got the ball stuck in this position 3 times. It can’t be nudged loose once like this.

Attachments:
                                    wrd1972
                                    Participant
                                      @wrd1972
                                      MembervipContributor

Okay. I think I am gonna go ahead and rebuild the lower PF surface. I know it can be optimized based on what I have learned since this table was done a while back. Stay tuned.

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

Rev 1.2 released.

Enjoy.

5 users thanked author for this post.
                                        rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw
                                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great work as always WRD!  :good:

I feel like I just said that?!  :scratch:

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

LOL, thanks.

You guys will find that this table is more challenging now.  I plays very much like my real BBBB.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 262 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?