Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball (Bally 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    Draifet
    Participant
      @draifet

Played it a few games and no errors here neither.

The light of the top egg on dog’s hands isn’t working now. The other lights at least with my POV maybe needs small adjustments to fit perfect.

wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

Okay fixed the eggs. Here is another Beta

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b886aetyesfs03g/Bugs%20Bunny%27s%20Birthday%20Ball%20%20%28Bally%201991%292.1RC.vpx?dl=0

Can someone please play it and hold the ball with a flipper, and wait for “ball hunt” mode to kick in…when all of the solenoids fire. I am getting a Error (line 602 in script) during ball hunt mode  here.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

robertms
        Participant
          @mophead

Bill, tried the latest beta, no problems during “ball hunt”. In fact no problems at all, just noticeable improvements across the board, very impressive.

wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

Bord,

Yeah its an easy table. And maybe I am telling myself what I want to hear. But every table by and large, that I have applied my latest material based physics to, seems a bit easier, and a whole lot more fun and dare I say, more realistic. But BBBB just in general, is a super easy table with only one major goal. Light the million, get the million, repeat, and then get the 50 million at the end.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I cant imagine why I am seeing those start up errors here, and you guys are not. Im gonna poke around at it just a bit more before I release it. But I think the table is done.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Draifet
            Participant
              @draifet

Thanks for the constant updates, I played an entire game that it lasted more than half an hour without any effort haha, and I was taking a snack meanwhile. Very nice physics, graphics and sound, on my eyes it’s a perfect table recreation.

Sorry for the offtopic, any news about TMBOP? I’m a little impatient to see the new additions.

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

BOP is currently with DJRobx to fix a VP engine “glitch” for the all new head rotation scripting. This rotation effect is much better and more realistic than what was there previously, and it fixed the “out of sync” issues, that plagued the previous version. But a new bug showed up during testing. Also the table has lots of new features including very realistic saucer physics for the eyes and mouth hole, plus other solutions to misc. issues, without having to resort to script hacks.Plus all the newer material physics there too, and fixes for other minor things that were in the last release. So lots done there too.

On another note. I have gotten a lot done on Funhouse. It is shaping up very nicely and playing very well. I might be able to post up a Beta very soon. Tons of new stuff there too.

So 30 minutes on BBBB huh. :) Im not sure what might be contributing to an easier table, other than it plays more realistically with those physics. I also own the real BBBB and it is easy to have a long game on it too. The flipper gap is very small relative to most other pins and its easy to keep the kick-back ready. But I am pretty confident that PF objects are placed as accurately as possible, given the available PF image resource. But who knows. LOL

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

great news, I really love your tables and Funhouse is such a blast to play.

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

Version 2.1 for VP10 is up and ready to DL.

This table has undergone a tremendous amount of refinement with countless new visual details, all new lighting, all new physics, better sound effects additional table options. One significant new feature, is much better saucer physics.

Shout-outs to Cyberpez, Rothbauerw, nfozzy, flupper, DJrobx and bord for heavily contributing to this latest refresh. Cant thank you guys enough.

Table includes all of the tips and tricks I have learned over the last year or so, and really looks and plays, better than ever. Please refer to the script for additional credits and table options.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

7 users thanked author for this post.
                    randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Very nice. Thank you!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks! It is still a family favorite around here.

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

cute table…

I spent a little time making a ‘simple’ PuP-Pack for it… very simple, plays(pops) a random video on ball launch (100+clips).  Still using same directb2s backglass and such.

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Oh sweet!

Can I make a suggestion. What if you had a cartoonish image of a an old console like TV, as a static like background image applied to ONLY the backglass portion of the DB2S (leaving the scoring area still there atop the presents). And the videos your creating, appeared on the TV screen.

That would reduce the big contrast between the DB2S, and PUP stuff. I think the best looking PUP stuff, is when that radical contrast, is partially minimized. Do you plan to add additional vids?

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

PuP-Packs and directb2s files don’t work nicely on the same screen together…  b2s always wants to be on top.

Ideally, someone could make a b2s that is the scoreboard only portion and using a custom b2s.res file move that b2sscoring to the lcd/dmd…  then the backglass could be a much better ‘full’ pup backglass like you said.  The frame on the backglass could be custom/changed as you like with an external png.

also,  nice thing about this puppack is that it will randomly play out of a folder.  so you can add 100’s of more clips at any time and just copy/paste into that folder, no other changes needed to use.

kds70
                              Participant
                                @kds70

@wrd1972:

thanks for this nice Bugs Bunny v2.1 :rose:

noticed that DOF calls of the “slingshots” in your table script are reversed:

right slingshot:  vpmTimer.PulseSw 55 (should be 56)

left slingshot: vpmTimer.PulseSw 56 (should be 55)

and some of us (only me?) are missing a DOF toy if ball wents out through the left outlane and kicked back. for this reason i´ve added a DOF call which activates the left slingshot toy as a “kicker”:

at line 297 i´ve added the pulseSw 55 call: :mail:

Sub SolKickBack(Enabled)
                                If Enabled Then
                                PlungerIM.AutoFire
                                vpmTimer.PulseSw 55
                                End If
                                End Sub

thanks for your all effort and this very nice table :bye:

maybe i will add a DOF toy “kicker call” too if the ball is shot into the shooting lane: i´m missing this.

Greedings, Kai

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

freelunch
                                Participant
                                  @freelunch

Is it just me, or are the skillshot lights not working in 2.1? I noticed they didn’t come on in NailBuster’s PuP-Pack, so I suspect it’s not just me.
                                  bbbb

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

kds70

Per the print these are backwards on the DOF website  (slingshots)

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=396

The best way to fix these things is on the DOF website if they are not wrong in the game that way you don’t have to change the game every time you download a new version..

The kickback worked fine for me after adjusting the dof website so it would match solenoids I have
                                    http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/tableconfig.php

One thing I did notice is the 2 top Jet bumpers are Backwards compared to the print

wrd1972 Nice work on this fun game

knightrider
                                    Participant
                                      @knightrdrx

is this for a cabinet ..same for bride of pinbot. it isn’t rotated and i don’t know how to rotate if that’s what must be done.

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

You will need to Read the Whole Topic
                                        https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

More info
                                        https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=45984&p=467762
                                        Example
                                        VP - POV

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by outhere.
                                        • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by outhere.
                                        • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by outhere.
                                        wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

Okay guys. I just saw these latest concerns.

I just revised the script. The #2 and #3 pop-bumper did indeed have their switch numbers reversed. The following is the new revision:

‘**************************************************************
                                          ‘Pop Bumpers
                                          ‘**************************************************************
                                          Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 54 : PlaySoundAtBumperVol SoundFX(“fx_bumper1”,DOFContactors),Bumper1,1: End Sub
                                          Sub Bumper2_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 53 : PlaySoundAtBumperVol SoundFX(“fx_bumper2”,DOFContactors),Bumper2,1: End Sub
                                          Sub Bumper3_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 52 : PlaySoundAtBumperVol SoundFX(“fx_bumper3″,DOFContactors),Bumper3,1: End Sub

Someone please confirm if this now matches the DOF website.

There is no issue with the slings in the script. The switches are indeed correct. So the issue likely is with the setting in the DOF website. So someone needs to propose the fix for that there. Or someone just contact Arngrim.

I also confirmed that none of the lights in the backwall are working. Well Shit! :)  Going to fix this right away. I am also going to add the combo target hit ” hack” to the table so the ball can tag two targets at once. Currently, this cant happen. Then I will release a new rev hopefully this week. If anyone else finds anything, please let me know ASAP. And thanks all for catching these issues.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Okay its gonna be a bit longer. I am converting the table to use a prim playfield. That means that every single object has to be lowered 200 units. And yes…I can confirm thats a major PITA! But the benefits will be:

• a more round ball (less egg-ball)
                                            • playfield reflections
                                            • better PF physics. The current PF wall object always had weird physics quirks.

Stay tuned.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 262 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?